Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Scalterion the Planewalker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=138743
138743, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Scalterion the Planewalker
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Apr 11 11:27:55 2020

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Scalterion perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:137
138745, Quick comment
Posted by Scalterion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ah Scalterion. I lost steam with him rather quick. I had somehow painted a picture in my head that angels were really sweet for PK'ing. Sadly I couldn't really get them to work well on hero. Everyone I faced had a pretty chill time tanking them.

I felt like I did some ground work with Scalterion to get him to be a long term fun character, but … sometimes what's good on paper isn't in reality :).

I managed to die spectacularly in all kinds of interesting ways with the class (example on lesson learned: don't use projection underwater). It is a rather unforgiving but fun class at the same time. In the end, the downtime of waiting for conjurations in combination with some sort of sense of disappointment in the angel/pk department ended it for me. Had it been a different "meta" with plenty of shamans opposing, I think it would have been a different story.

Regarding the accent, it was actually much thicker initially but I toned it down plenty after a tell from an immortal. That was probably for the better.

Perhaps my big mistake was to return so quickly to the Fortress after recently playing another of the same cabal.

For the high end group PVE content of CF, a conjurer is surprisingly not that useful. Elemental is eaten away quickly as most mobs strike all attackers. Archon heals but at times it's too little. Usually I was just swinging away with an axe while archon healed and felt pretty … impotent. Optionally was to get an angel in PVE which actually worked better than I had anticipated.

On the flipside tesseract and clairaudience were amazing. Owl was pretty good too though it did cost me a death.

As a funny sidenote, at like level 2 I get a tell from someone who asks if I'm evil, I reply that I'm not but then he tells me my name is actually Scion Alt :D Hadn't thought of that. Oh well.

Was nervous as hell about killing a lightwalker and managed to not do it throughout Scalterions life. Neat!

Thanks to everyone in the Fortress, there seems to be a new breed of competent killers giving everyone a hard time. Happy to see it!

Have a nice easter!

Kind regards,
Scalterion aka Karnif/adrigon/radical curtain