Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Yaennistel the Dweller of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=138699
138699, (DELETED) [None] Yaennistel the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Apr 2 23:30:52 2020

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Yaennistel perished, never to return.
Race:azure
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:145
138702, Well that was interesting...
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't quite remember why I thought this was a good idea... But I got an azure slot and had what I thought could be a really great role. Lo and behold the imms were on board. I had a couple restrictions I had to agree to, one being an animist and the other was to follow Padwei. A huge thank you to Ish for helping me through the custom class process and the few days of trouble shooting setting up the race/class.

Of those restrictions, the first I was totally cool with after seeing all of Korsgaards comments on spirit allies and light forge. I also was really interested in the expertise after Beroxxus' comments. I am not sure I'd ever do it again. LF pimp talismans was cool.. until it wasn't. This was an example of a weaker one. It was not uncommon to get up to lvl 67..

a talisman shaped like a shooting star can be referred to as
'talisman shaped shooting star'.
It is worth 0 copper, and is of the 51st level of power.
It is a talisman.
It is made of energy and weighs 2 pounds 6 ounces.
It can be used a maximum of 9 times. It can still be used 5 times.
It contains the spell 'dispel evil' of the 56st level.
A magical aura surrounds it.
It has been imbued with a blessing.
It shines with a pure, goodly aura.
Only one of the Holy Brigade of the Phoenix could use it.

And then the act of brandishing near a goodie, even something that can't harm goodies was super lame. I'll get back to that.

Following Padwei was an exercise in futility on my part. I thought I had an interesting take on the religion but it was my home runswing that totally whiffed. I appreciated Padwei trying to bring me along, but I do not enjoy playing happy go lucky types in CF. Thanks for the shot though! It was also hard to match up my times, and would often be limited to a 45 min.lunch break engagement. Thanks for your time, Padwei.

Also, to who ever was behind the multiple personal echos, both the dream and creepy room shadows while talking with other who were totally missing redemption, thank you. (Rahs I think). Those and Korsgaard's cb scoldings really changed Yaennistel's outlook and RP. It all fell together so perfectly with my role to be someone who spoke with the spirits of the dead goodies, and I feel that take really made the rest of the Fort stop and be more thoughtful for a bit.

In the end, I couldn't bring myself to do a 2nd atonement arc. I would not have thought talismans would provoke goodie np s, if casting a spell (wrath, dispel evil, shadow bane, etc.) That wouldn't hit them. It got super crazy on the docks when I'd drag 2 merchants with 2 or less melee hits before I could come out of brandish lag. After I told Padwei to remove me, I had thought about to great avenues: coming back as a scribe or the totally bad ass vengeful angel. I didn't have it in me though to play another scribe yet, and the build, at least in my hands was too under powered for the later.

Sorry for letting you down Ishnon the con or age dying.

Mortals:

Gruntner and the Captain, thanks for getting me going in Fort. The take down of Krata was pretty epic.

Antaluvian: I had lots of fun when you were around. I was really taken aback by your abrupt departure.

Steapa and Krendala were probably the two closest friends to Yaenn. Thanks for everything! I am surprised you didn't stick it out, because I had Cren pegged as the next Captain.

The orc horde. Boy were y'all rough. I hated that your times both lined up with mine, but almost noone else in fort. Teg was my con dying plan... And I lost a lot of steam knowing I couldn't count on 3 pk deaths a night.

Empire was in the pits for the most part and finding a lvl 51 crushing hand talisman and later LF talismans with deft harbinger made raiding the council really easy.

I didn't get to know many in Battle, but I gotta say ####ty pk and subsequent looting of top end goodie only gear by a particular leader also contributed to the deletion. So thanks for making it easy to pull the cord?

I am sure there are lots of others I am missing, so if I did anything notable say something and I'll likely remember.
138703, RE: Well that was interesting...
Posted by Padwei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A few comments below:

>I don't quite remember why I thought this was a good idea...
>But I got an azure slot and had what I thought could be a
>really great role. Lo and behold the imms were on board. I had
>a couple restrictions I had to agree to, one being an animist
>and the other was to follow Padwei.

This is news to me. I was under the impression that your "pitch" was that you wanted to follow Padwei, not that you had to agree to it. I don't want people following a religion they don't like or choose, because that's not fun for anyone.

>Following Padwei was an exercise in futility on my part. I
>thought I had an interesting take on the religion but it was
>my home runswing that totally whiffed. I appreciated Padwei
>trying to bring me along, but I do not enjoy playing happy go
>lucky types in CF. Thanks for the shot though! It was also
>hard to match up my times, and would often be limited to a 45
>min.lunch break engagement. Thanks for your time, Padwei.

This is why finding an immortal in your play times is important. I don't think this is necessarily a "happy-go-lucky" religion unless you want it to be, and if we'd had more time to interact that might have been better communicated. It's frustrating on my end too, because I can't watch and see how a character interacts or progresses if they play so far out of my normal time.

Overall I liked this character and we had pegged you for leadership, but the universe had other plans. Good luck with the next.

138704, RE: Well that was interesting...
That probably came out a bit wrong. I had wanted to follow you and learn about the Red Hunters. We never got that far before I felt derailed by Fortress stuff.

I had articulated that I had a religious role intention when I pitched the custom class. And the agreement was I would do my best to play a reasonable amount in your times. When I couldn't hold up my end of the bargain due to family/work life, and I felt like I was majorly missing the religion, I had to call it.

But thanks for your interactions. I did really enjoy them.
138706, RE: Well that was interesting...
Posted by Rahsael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wasn't me!
138708, Saw me bangin' on the sofa! n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
138720, Sad to see you go
Posted by Viggkhun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was hoping Yaennistel would make it back. Was thinking you for leader at the time.

Anyway thanks for the times we interacted. It enhanced my game experience and GLWN
138721, Yaen will be missed!
Posted by Korsgaard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was rooting for you from the start! Accidents like those really, really suck, but overall I think you played a great character.

You were not afraid to turn on the RP when others were not around (and when they were too!) and I thought the idea for the character was really cool.

I hope you had some fun along the way despite the setbacks!

GLWYN!
138723, RE: Well that was interesting...
Posted by Angaph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Some day I'll post a log of that episode with you, me and Dzonkulese. It is truly a CF parable.
138732, The Blsckclaw incident?
Nothing like not knowing how piercing gaze worked then getting cheapshotted down, and walking back to witness a bash lock down!
138735, RE: The Blsckclaw incident?
Posted by Angaph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's the one. Perfect example of how sometimes you're the hammer and sometimes you're the nail. And, sometimes, you're both of them within the span of 5 seconds.
138701, RE: (DELETED) [None] Yaennistel the Dweller of the Wild...
Posted by Krendala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the ring! I"m still trying to find its home. I was so hoping to be able to tell you where it was from. I guess I'll just have to pass it on and see if it makes its way back to you.

Goodbye Old Friend.