Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Shorokeshi the Sensei
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=138690
138690, (DELETED) [SCION] Shorokeshi the Sensei
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Apr 2 07:39:40 2020

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Shorokeshi perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:188
138691, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Shorokeshi the Sensei
Posted by Shoro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Thu Apr 2 07:39:40 2020

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the
>Moon, 28th of the Month of the Frost Giant
> on the Theran calendar Shorokeshi perished, never to
>return.>cellpadding=2]
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION,
>the Scions of Eternal
>Night
Hours:188

Created this character to relearn the game after not playing in forever. I feel like I did a lot of good and a lot of bad on this character, as I knew I would. I'm gonna try to explain some things for those who have questions, but I'm not responding to everybody, especially the negative stuff.
Shoro was made to be a Scion. Was all into darkness and shadow and stuff. He didn't wear glowing/humming and early on tended to sac things that had those flags. He lied to just about everybody to keep the fact he was Scion secret until hero range, which was cool.
Later on a combination of in and out of game things made me lose steam. For one I got drunk one night and gave away my character on discord lol this led to A LOT of ooc comments being directed my way in game (I wont call any of you out), the combination of which MASSIVELY destroyed my motivation to do anything with it. Wont be making that mistake again. I also put some things into my role that were hard to keep up with especially considering I hadn't FULLY fleshed out my felar RP, such as not speaking blah blah. In the end it's funny when I STOPPED looting people for OOC reasons is when I decided it was time to delete. I didn't start the character planning to do that. It kind of just happened (not to mention I got fulled one of my first deaths) and became part of Shoro, and when that stopped, I knew he was dead at heart. That and I accidentally sex changed myself because I forgot what a certain item did. Icing on the cake for sure lmao Decided to delete early and free up the Scion spot and all that nice gear instead of playing more and more scarce until I delete because I already have another character on deck.
This game is still amazing and I'll be rolling again. Some things and mentalities have changed, obviously, and there's 100% too much ooc stuff going on for such a small community, but I'll always take CF as is, whether it's the 2000 or 2020 iteration.
I accomplished most of what I ACTUALLY set out to do. Learn where gear is. Learn where ABS is. Remember the map. Remember how to PK. etc etc. I feel assassin is a good way to get out there and explore, fight, and force yourself to learn zones, without needing to prep. So overall I felt like Shoro was pretty successful. Gonna have fun playing a character with less gear restrictions and see what I can manage.
Anyway love him or hate him I felt like Shoro became a "thing" in game and that was good enough for me. Now I can stop procrastinating and roll something I'm really in love with and play it to my hearts content.
If you have negative comments or just come to flame I probably wont respond. To everybody else look forward to seeing you in the fields again soon.
138707, Once a failure, always a failure
Posted by Narra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
J/K
Narra IC had nothing but scorn for you, but OOC I was rooting for you to go on. It was comical how you would "fail" when I was there, but those were unlucky breaks.
Typing "k giant" instead of "l giant". Genuinely, GLWYN!
138710, RE: Once a failure, always a failure
Posted by l..m...a...o... on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The one at the giant was the icing on the cake. I just stared at the screen in disbelief. Loved the consistency of the scorn. At one point I really had to say "holy crap Narra hates Shorokeshi" lol good stuff man hope you go far and thanks!
138711, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Shorokeshi the Sensei
Posted by Ftholthfr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a shame that you inevitably lost interest in the character. Massive respect IC for your shadow-looming scariness and OOC for being consistent AF. I loved finding out that Shoro was meant to be a scion from the beginning because it means you 'used' some of us villagers early on to get free ranks. I won't forget that time you assassinated both myself and the Commander at the giant, in the span of like ten minutes. Humbling. We had some fun banter. Good luck with your next.
138730, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Shorokeshi the Sensei
Posted by Shoro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah there was a lot that went on IC and OOC and some OOC stuff IC that just made me say BLEH and delete the character. I accomplished most of want I wanted to on Shoro besides sticking it out to con/age die. That time I assassinated you and Nossos at the giant and then killed it with poison darts was an EPIC moment to me. I wish I had it logged. Also was starting to really like fighting you, at least when I had trance up. We would stick it out until we were both convulsing and just go for it. Really good times. That was how I wanted my character to die but things happen sometimes. Thanks for all the kind words!