Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Kot the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=138583
138583, (DELETED) [None] Kot the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Mar 9 08:40:15 2020

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Kot perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:78
138585, RE: (DELETED) [None] Kot the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Kot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, it didn't work.

Kot was born when I've need something to play during a short and unstable playing sessions, while I couldn't log my main.

I've dreamed of a supercool combo: copperhead to heal, + tiger to fight + hummingbird to tank and to explore. In PK, I've had a plan: hummingbird, using instinct of the predator, would wear enemy dex/str down, then I'll shift to the tiger and pounce enemies to death.

When I leveled, I've got a copperhead, tiger and a hummingbird. Without roll the bones and spin the wheel. I was the luckiest shifter ever!

When I heroed, I've discovered two things: hummingbird is not working as expected and it's being completely destroyed by the first landed boneshatter (wich landed with 100% accuracy);

Tiger can't do anything against Ziviriz or Nossos, with full ABS+stoneskin+haste+greater enlivens. Boneshater or twist (or whatever) and shifter is done. Just no chance, unless I'd catch them with their pants down or gang.

In my opinion, shifters sucks in current age of Thera, which is pity - they were my second favorite class to play. Of course if you don't have a quest form, which experimental character like Kot would never gain.

See you there,
my successful shifters were Sagraa/Gennady/Sasslao
138586, Stat Coverage!
Posted by Wasted on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Haste/giant strength/form bonuses help a ton so that even minor stat coverage from gear goes a long way. A single boneshatter taking you out of a fight at hero is ridiculous and means that you're doing it wrong. Stat coverage makes all the difference, my friend!