Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ellainaraya Sal'a'nathrean the Legend of the Battlefield, Captain of the Brigade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=138565
138565, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ellainaraya Sal'a'nathrean the Legend of the Battlefield, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Mar 7 00:29:31 2020

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Ellainaraya perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:267
138589, I will never forgive you for pking me in a pk mud.
Posted by Aztezul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great character. I hope we can both come back one day and mix it up again.
138567, Hardest character I’ve ever deleted, I think
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really saw this as a char I was going to take to age death or con death. I know some people like to shelf and slow play characters, and there’s nothing wrong with that, but that is just not my style. I typically play one character and I get pretty invested in them. I have a hard time having casual chars. They either turn into heavy investment ones or auto.

Anyway, I’ve got too many RL commitments going on right now and this was starting to interfere. My last log in was basically a microcosm of that. There was so much fun stuff going on and I’m semi afk trying to deal with unexpected stuff while trying to RP some really cool stuff (Fort and Argothus the sickly) with a hard deadline to log out. With all my commitments I decided it was best to delete for the sake of not having CF as a distraction to those things and so as not to be a deadbeat character and leader in a really cool time in CF. Best let someone else have all that.

My main goal rolling this character was to try and make wands with Enigma look nasty. There’s so many things I didn’t even tap into, including one idea I though for sure would work well. It’s a really neat legacy. Never regretted picking it and would do it again.

Rahsael and other imms. Thank you for involving Elly in that quest.

Padwei - always such a fun time. You’re the best. I didn’t go far with the religion but hoped to over the course of things. I got the sense I wasn’t a top notch follower but I was still gunning for an A for effort.

Korsgaard thank you for Maran. That was pretty neat how you did it and gave a good RP story for Elly.

I had a ton of fun with all the people playing fort. Awesome job everyone.

Enemies were all very cool too. It’s a good time to play CF.

One last comment before signing off. Battle has always been my favorite cabal but man there’s some absolute terrible Villagers these days. I saw several instances of ganging and targeting non-mages unprovoked that made me cringe and shake my head. Stuff that I woulda thought would be insta-battle boot. I dunno. Maybe the cabal is changing.

Have fun everyone!

138569, RE: Hardest character I’ve ever deleted, I think
Posted by Nalasul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Ellainaraya from what I saw. Which, admittedly, wasn't a ton.

On Battle- we try to police that stuff as much as we can, but we're never going to catch it all. I'd add that targeting non-mages isn't always verboten depending on the context. That said, there are also many situations where it very much is. Without knowing more about what exactly you saw I can't comment one way or the other.
138572, RE: Hardest character I’ve ever deleted, I think
Since you’re on discord I’ll DM you the situations I remember seeing.
138570, Nicely done
Posted by Itz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was fun fights. Each time I thought "I'll carry this now, and then this" you broke me plans by dying to the banshee. I've got impression the banshee is only killing a leaders, as she have done kind of grudge against them ))) totally agree on the villagers part, sad story.

Anyways, GLWYN, and good luck with RL stuff!
138571, *fistshake banshee*
Yeah that damn banshee.

You were very cool. I wish our times lined up better. I think we’d have had a lot more fun and RP opposing each other.

Good luck! I don’t know if it’s you that’s the new mummy or someone else but if it is congrats. If not good luck with whatever you’ve got planned.
138575, It's me
Posted by Itz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes, conservation worked for me.

Roll something imperialish, I liked your style. Occasional playing it's okay by my - we all are not that young as before and real life demands much more attention. In sure everyone understands it and if you'll play just a couple of hours per week, it won't be an issue!
138578, Speechless....
Posted by Yaennistel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am dumbfounded. I thought everything was rocking right along.. then bam!

Your were keeping Fort relevant after 3 pretty major losses (Bulonck, Antaluvian and Gruntner). This one totally sucks, as I got to know you best out of the 4 leaders. You also seemed to have the most invested in keeping the Fort pure, while the others seemed to give it lip service. I hope your note about the Pallid Princess is still in my list.. because we can't lose that story.

Thanks for your awesome presence. Before we dropped Krata, I knew we (and Steapa) could take on some pretty serious odds.

I hope RL slackens up and you can make it back to the fields, you really upped the game.for a.lot of folks (friends and foes alike). If not, I totally understand and appreciate needing to take care of your priorities.

May the spirits keep you until our paths cross again. GLWYN!
138566, Bummer.
Posted by Padwei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked your style, and I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to hear that story I asked for the last time we talked. Was hoping we'd have hours and hours of you ahead of us. Alas.

Shoot me an email at padwei@carrionfields.com, the revised tale you sent me looks like it might have copy/paste issues because some of the lines don't connect/make sense.
138568, RE: Bummer.
So did I! So did I ... I will do that. Please see my comments above and thanks again!