Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ysforgul the Ensorceled Executioner, Imperial War Master
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=138466
138466, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ysforgul the Ensorceled Executioner, Imperial War Master
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Feb 25 10:15:02 2020

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Ysforgul perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:542
138467, Well that was an experience
Posted by xyfa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Before anything else, just in case the pbf ends up being published, could an imm delete all role chapters after chapter 6 (or 7 through 14 if that's easier)? I didn't really consider when deleting but there is a lot in there concerning current characters that could cause some people problems if it becomes public knowledge.

First giant warrior hero, really interesting experience. I went in with a lot of assumptions and many of them turned out to be false, so that was cool. Expected this to be a really low investment char (mostly because I expected to hate the playstyle) because of all the horror stories I'd heard about giants but I ended up having a ton of fun. Being a big murder machine who tanks with his face is a pretty good time. Had more fun with the role than I expected, I wanted to do something very different to what I usually do. I do wish I'd left better hooks for religions, because my initial plan just fell through and I would've liked to have a religion to work on. I think this contributed to burn out after about the 500 hours mark, it was probably pretty obvious I was losing interest even though that was about when I ended up with the hilariously op bracers.

One thing that blew my mind was just how amazing this build was for high end PVE trips. Expected it to not be that great but it was crazy. With a healer I felt pretty unstoppable and it definitely facilitated me ending up with as much crazy gear as I did in the end.

So many people, so I will definitely miss names, but:

Gaspare: Thank you for the gjs and you know what over the characters lifetime, they definitely gave me motivation when I was having some tough times. I was very very tempted to become a follower again, but I was worried I'd fall back into old patterns playing the same race/cabal/religion and wanted to make sure to differentiate the two characters. Just seeing you online always makes me want to step up my game! I think you strike an amazing balance with the player ran aspect of empire as a "neutral" party.

Emnon: that pretty early interaction we had right before I got war master was brief, but it actually shaped a lot of what I did going forward. I took some creative licence with the "raise an army" comment which let me really help people gear up and whatnot since we were struggling to get oathes. A certain event involving you also set me on the path of my plot to take the throne, so that was cool too! So sad that I missed the massacre, I prepared my login before, set my alarm and everything like a real nerd then my phone's battery died.

Ergush (and anyone else involved): thanks for the rc reward. I was really sceptical when I first got it but fell in love very fast. Incredible edge, non overt but amazing. Making that reaction window larger secured me some pretty nice wins I would otherwise not have got.

Terpilans: great groupmate. You made PVE encounters I were sure would be impossible without a healer possible somehow. We had some wicked team fights too, I'll post the logs at some point.

Zaol: I was really happy I got to play on the same side as you this time, as I really liked you as an enemy. We had some good times in the graveyard shift.

Itz: we had some great times. Sorry to abandon you - I was trying to nudge you to do your becoming in the last couple days because I knew I wasn't sticking around long, and wanted to help out. I was totally coming for that throne but realised I was fading and I wasn't joining the deadbeat Emperor club when you were really active and what not, good luck! I hope you succeed, I definitely think the game is at its most fun with a strong fort and empire presence.

Inaj: I enjoyed our trips tons. You're a very knowledgeable player. I tried to be open to doing stuff you wanted to do, because I didn't want to take up your time by just gathering me stuff. Hugely appreciate all the help you gave me, definitely got me some serious power spikes when fort was in power and I needed all the help I could get. Was also really surprised at the things you would go off and solo in a surprisingly short amount of time. I could see that green lair disaster coming, sorry :(. Really enjoyed your character.

Sylvari: I was so happy when you started logging in again, because for the last few days I'd been basically solo against the fort army. Great ally, you were down for anything. Wish we got to play together more, but your hours dropped and then mine did, and so it goes.

Krata: for a long time I was sure we were going to be enemies and could see gathering many sleep survival preps in my future. When you joined empire I knew when you eventually got hero we'd be a nightmare to deal with, but I honestly underestimated just how brutal detect hidden and black circle were going to be when backed up by sigil and a second basher. I am sad we didn't get to play together long, but we had some awesome teamfights and did some crazy explore things. Grouping with you and Inaj gave me a major new appreciation for what small groups can accomplish in PVE.

Angaph: great ally! I've always had this kind of "ugh, my only ally is a thief?" thought process in the past when it comes to rough retrievals, but you were a great partner. Cool character too, and I really enjoyed our banter.

Jehir: when you auto'd I was very sad. I loved your rp.

Xiqoanna: great interactions. Really fun character. Almost had me a couple times. There was one instance in particular where I flurried you and you were gushing and one more pillar would've done the job, but it triggered your wimpy. Most tense 4 rounds ever, but after I got more decked it just wasn't really a fair fight anymore.

Narra: good fights, and fun talk too. Lot of respect for the fact that you would retrieve against the odds. I wanted to argue philosophy with you but it would've just been so out of character.

Ruht: tough one. Space berserker builds make me so nervous.

Nossos: Oof. When the empire comes knocking for the head and you're already inside, no getting out of that gank. Felt bad since you were already on hardmode, but I'd offer the advice that if its not a part of your role you shouldn't chill in the village, just makes you empire bait, especially with the target on your back commander adds. Good luck!

Tzarve: those duergar vulns made me basically the counter to you, but you still gave me some close calls.

Cexonza: the hilarious thing about our conversations is you kept going on about my scheme to take the throne to wind me up and I was sitting here going omg make her stop, because I was and didn't want you to start putting ideas in people's heads.

Xuvian: enjoyed our fights and chats a lot. Had some really close calls on both sides. There was one time in particular where I thought you had me dead to rights, you probably know the one.

Antaluvion: you were a damned nightmare and I mean that in the nicest possible way. A really great asset for fort, and the cause of so many headaches for me! That time you and Siphani caught me in the sands of sorrow was probably my favourite escape I had on the character, because everything just went so right for me.

Gruntner: great job, man. Really liked Gruntner. One of my favourite enemies across multiple characters.

Illyria: I loved this character.

Allatell: you got better at dealing with me really noticeably as time went on. Great job, and good luck. Liked that you were a real blood and fire kind of paladin too. We weren't friends and we both knew it. Got a very "redemption by the sword" vibe.

Viggkhun: keep it up. Very resilient, definitely deserved maran.

Ellainaraya: fun combo, looks really neat on maran. Can honestly say this is the first character that I didn't really fear stsf elves on - anything else you would have made me sweat way more, though poor armageddon got broken so many times! I felt your pain on some of those flurries.

Steapa: liked this character lots. Pretty tough too! Very aggressive and you definitely had the right plan, so many people would just let me pick the terms of our fights. Charge and bash!

Thanks everyone.
138470, Well done!
Posted by Itzenxilaatl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great warrior, your says/gtells made me laugh sometimes. Very fun, and I'm extremely sad that you are gone - I've no idea why fire giant warriors are so short-livers :(

There is a huge celebration in other cabals, and I have received so many trashtalks about your deletion today, heh. Hope to see you on my side again someday, and congratulations with a great character!
138472, Thanks
I'm sure I'll be back at some point and we'll end up on the same team, empire is my favourite cabal so far.

For me I just got so worn out, and my general rule is when stuff starts getting routine its a sign that the character has ran its course. The last few days I'd just log on, grab a pk or two and log off. Not really ideal especially when a leader - I like to be excited about a character and I'd done most of what I wanted to with this one.
138475, RE: Thanks
Posted by Itz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know that feeling. See you there!
138476, So long Ensorcelled one!
Posted by Vindelph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know we didn't travel together, but the few times we had drinks were always a blast. Still can't believe you won that damn Nalasul Game! I feel like you went out of your way to allow me an honorable fight with Sylvari a time or two so I always appreciated that.
138477, RE: So long Ensorcelled one!
I enjoyed our conversations to. Did try to let you and Sylv have it out when possible, you both seemed very down for it. Good luck, what you're doing looks very tough.
138479, Well done
Posted by Antaluvion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have already written in my death thread as well, but you were beastly. There was a time before you got a certain weapon when we were even in matchups, but after you got that weapon it was very challenging to face you.

Haha yeah, the sands were fun but I was glad you got out.

Random memory but whenever I would sit in the guild in Voralia waiting for a new clue to a rod or something, and the chariot from Enpolads arrived I knew it would be you.

And you never fell for my traps on eastern. Though to be fair you pushed out so much damage it would take me at least abs and shields to be able to stand toe to toe with you. So whenever you appeared I cursed and started wanding or my shields just fell or something.

We rarely looted eachother since we just didn't have overlapping gear interest.

Anyway, good luck with your next one!
138480, RE: Well that was an experience
Posted by Illyria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mutual lovefest. You were awesome. GLWYN
138482, Great job.
Posted by Xuvian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's pretty hard to land kills as a non-air shifter sometimes because a ton of it is about opportunity, so when I have someone who I think should die, get away... I'm a little disappointed. Skills miss so much. :( On the other hand, we did have a lot of fights, mostly in groups but you were one of the few that would face me alone from time to time, so I appreciated that. And, since you weren't doing a lot of passive damage, I actually stood a chance occasionally.

As for the conversations, well, Shifters don't have it easy in the RP department. So, much of mine is limited to chats before or after a fight or raid. I really enjoy them because they can give insight into the character and that makes the game more fun for me. Of course, if I can change someone's mind or game trajectory, that's cool too.

Overall, a great job and good luck on the return.
138483, Nice job.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Ysforgul, pretty fun Imperial to watch.

Thanks for sharing thoughts on the RC wins, since I was very curious as to how those worked out for you.

-Ish
138490, Thanks
Will be hard to go back to empire without centurion trainer for sure.
138484, Nice work
Posted by Xiqoanna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Our interactions were always fun.

I remember that fight where my wimpy saved you in Tir-Tilath. I was kicking myself on that one.

You were classy evil. Sorry to see you go. Looking forward to your next character.
138486, Yeah, I wouldn't be afraid either
Posted by Ellainaraya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pimp set, war master, 2 iron swords and trapping, I presume? That's a pretty bad matchup for me.

Totally respectable enemy though. Good job. I am still in disbelief you survived that one time (you posted a log of it with tactics saving you). I nearly stretched my hands behind my head and let the screen just roll by figuring you were a gonner. But then I didn't hardly hit you over 4 rounds while you held one sword. Then the tactics disarmed me and saved you from getting pincered or DM'd. I can't recall. I was shocked!
138489, Me too
I was so sure you had me there, and yeah, trapping.
138494, Sad it had to end
Posted by Viggkhun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was always a blast to play when you where online. My build didnt have much of a chase one on one but I always hoped for that one time you might miss or get a bad flurry! ;)

Had some more ideas I wanted to try in the one on one but in the end with that set I didn't even have four rounds before I died

Was fun to get some talking in at the end. Was looking forward to more. Was always fun to me how we traded the same pieces back and forth.

Great character that made CF a better game to play.

Glwn
138497, Yeah, glad we got to talk more towards the end
Was a really bad matchup for you but you kept coming. Good luck!
138496, Well Done
Posted by Zaol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great character, well done.
You tick every box.
Roleplay well
Build a strong character
Help out cabalmates
Retrieve, even against odds
Raid
Actively PK
Never part of a perma
Don't grief loot

One thing that says it all about you was when I lost my strange bracers to ragers and it was gonna be in next reboot, but that reboot would have been like 3 or 4am your time. But you still came on to help me get them back (as did Talevar, not sure what time it was for him).

The only way our time would have been better if I was Emperor and you WM instead of me WM and you elite. And hell was open so we could turn you full Igos.

138498, Thanks, we had some great times
You showed me a lot of cool things and it was always great having someone else around at the quiet time, even if it was just to talk to/try something PVE since pk opportunities can be really limited then. I was sad when you didn't get Emperor, sigil and piercing gaze would've been a nightmare on your char.

3 or 4 AM I think, yeah. That was a scary one, I was expecting the fort to all log on any time since it was about that point in the night.

Definitely sad I never really got to experience hell, big PVE challenges with big rewards are really fun.
138573, Oh no, my secret partner!
Posted by Cexonza on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We made such a good team! lol

Awesome job, obviously with the kicking a lot of ass part, but also because Ysforg always came off as _such_ a fire giant to me. I really enjoyed our little running "conspiracy." Your responses generally cracked me up.

GLWYN