Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [ENTROPY] Illyria Valarian the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Lost Soul
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=138398
138398, (DELETED) [ENTROPY] Illyria Valarian the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Lost Soul
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Feb 20 21:16:05 2020

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Illyria perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:ENTROPY, the Barons of Chaos
Hours:214
138502, It was fun.
Posted by Xiqoanna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Things were starting to get interesting. Too bad our play times didn't line up more. I didn't even realize you made it into Entropy.
138407, Hate wings!
Posted by Ysforgul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loved this character: you made me laugh all the time. Good fights, good dialogue. Hope to see you back.
138419, RE: Hate wings!
Posted by Illyria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
<3
138399, Roar! Bye bye.
Hey folks-

Illy was a blast, and it was hard to let her go. I had a huge number of great interactions, and so much left undone on this character.

So many wonderful allies, so many wonderful enemies. Amusingly I don't think there was really anyone other than Terpilans that I truly didn't like.

For those that don't discord: It was RL, really. I had 3 weeks off around Christmas, and came back to the game after a LONG hiatus. Stretched another couple of weeks into January, but by mid Jan my work and work travel had picked up so much I really couldn't play anymore. Logged on for ... uh... 3 hours last weekend. Had one hour this weekend, logged on, and didn't recognize anyone in hero range. Made me feel useless, disconnected, and like a gear locker. I'm fooling myself to think I can maintain a high-RP, high-presence, caballed, active-in-religion character. Delete.

Biggest regret: Making a Rahsael follower when his wizlist said he wouldn't be around much in december. Oops? > 66% of Illy's life she was praying in an empty shrine, but the last 33% was amazing.

Other regrets: I shouldn't have spun the wheel on tiger. So many times that little bit of dodge and pounce would have made a difference, vs. the better offense of lion.

Other-other regrets: I seriously burned >6 con getting explore XP to pick up pseudodragon. I levelled all of my 30s without a minor form. And I never did end up getting pseudodragon... evidently I shifted into my shikra once. Oops? That was the start of her "clumsy" RP, compounded when the Morian christmas landed me the clumsy flaw.

Pseudodragon edge: I DO think that it is too expensive.. it's nearly impossible to get that many edge points by your low 30s. Maaaaybe with a LOT of imm-xp. Tt took ALL of the L30 milestones + role XP + at least some immXP, which is just brutal. VERY hard to do before 40, and even then... you'd want it around L30 when you should be getting a minor form.

To all the victims, ahem I mean beneficiaries, of Illy's random-acts-of-turkey: I hope I made life interesting for you. Best wishes to some of the lowbies I swooped in to help at random intervals.

To everyone I "got Lost": I hope you enjoyed the interactions. Some (siphy, ella, tegs, bulonk, etc.) were more serious than others.

Mad props to Rahsael. The more I learned about you and your religion, the more respect I had for you. Great interactions, always. You pulled Illy in a direction I hadn't intended, and my original view of Time/Fate/Loss was not well aligned with your religion... but heck, the growing and maturation process was awesome.

General goodbyes (enemies):

Enemies in general: I made Illy when the mud was 90% evil. When it swung midlife to be heavily good I tried really hard not to ganksquad you, and wouldn't repeat a kill in the same logon session unless you gave me no choice. Rarely looted much of anything. Hope I was a fun enemy to have.

Tegs- You're amazing. Love your character, love your RP, and by the end I was having more fun with the "turkey murder" than I can really admit. The one thingie I ever looted from you.. yea, I still had it when I deleted. You can totally go get it back again. Tegs strong! I totally got wasted on wine, marinaded my corpse, and left it in the village for you, sir.

Dhrak- So many of the Tegs comments go to you as well. You were a blast as a foe, and even more so when I... retired ;)

Terp- You worked me good a few times, and I hope I at least scared you a bit. The whole "take all my wands" thing was REALLY discouraging. It made me not want to fight you unless I was sure I could win, and I had to force myself to keep playing happy-go-lucky knowing you'd leave me with hours and hours of recovery time. You made it not fun to play and not fun to fight. ... and you didn't ever interact, even when I tried. I see all the "shaapa hate" on discord, and.. I guess if every one of my characters had a similar experience with every one of yours I can sort of understand it. Maybe just try a little harder to interact with your enemies? And think about how much you want to #### on someone that actually gets out of bed to fight you, and keeps coming when they lose.

Zaol- Straight badass. I just could not beat you. After fighting you a few times I pivotted harder into +str/+dex, but even when I was able to absorb all your maledicts I still had ####all nothing I could do.

Ysforagul- Also straight badass. Good fights young, good fights old. Sorry to delete on you... I liked you!

Learielle- Honorable mention. You blew me away the first time we met and I found out you didn't kill fortie-mages. Too bad I later became entropy ;)

Baena- Mad respect. Said so on your thread. Didn't interact much, but you lived your role.

Ilaanist- Don't know if you remember catching me practicing spells and one rounding me, but that's when this turned from an RP/re-explore the mud character into a fortie ;). All the death-from-above and face-clawing that happened later in her life came from your bash!

Allies:

Siphy: You rock. Made me happy just to see you log on.

Ella: You rock too! Some of Illy's best times were running around with you. Straight badass captain, loved your RP, loved your character.

Grunter: Awesome. Really brought the war-dwarf to life. You were a great Marshall.

Antaluvion: Rest well, brother. Really liked you!

Bulonk: I said something on your goodbye thread. You were stiff, but such a presence. I feel bad that you kept pinging me when I was in the middle of Rahs-time.

Tauzak: Broke my heart when you deleted so soon after I heroed. You had a great presence, loved your character. Thanks for helping me hero.

Xioquanna: Sad I didn't see you after I became entropy ;). Enjoyed our low-level exploration and time together.

Others- I know there are others. Some of you may reply to this thread and jog my memory. I'm old, senile, and it's been ~6 weeks from really playing this character. Sorry if I didn't call you out :(

All around Illy was a blast. Thank you to everyone that made it so.
138400, Well played
Posted by Viggkhun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was great to have you around.

To bad it didn't last that long. Liked hearing the ROAR in cb.

Sounds like you had fun

GLWN
138401, RE: Well played
Thanks for the kind words.

G'luck Mr. Next Generation Maran. I liked what I saw of you, and am sorry to bail!

138402, RE: Roar! Bye bye.
Posted by Antaluvion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I already wrote this on Discord, but well played. I sensed a depth behind the charming initial appearance. You showed that side too at times and rose my curiosity. However things got in the way and in the end, as you wrote, RL took you away.

Best of luck with your endeavors and I hope to see you back in Thera again sometime.
138403, RE: Roar! Bye bye.
Heard a rumor that someone's going to pick up my PBF... all your questions will be answered ;)

(if it doesn't happen for some reason I'll swing back and post the role eventually)
138408, RE: Roar! Bye bye.
Posted by Ellainaraya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Roar!

You were so much fun to hang with. Just fun and I giggled every time you turkey roared. I couldn’t find it anything but hilarious and colorful.

I really was bummed you left the Fort. But it was best for you and at least you had an arc to go with. For the record, I had to retract the exemption because one of the Fort imms told me you had made some comments about not caring if guards lived or not (or that was the gist of it). I wanted to but couldn’t with all that was going on when that was the perceived attitude. I’m sure you would have done well with it though.

It is what it is and created terrific RP opportunities. That talk we had after about it was one of the most impressive moments I saw from Illyria.

Wish you could keep playing! CF can definitely use more like this.
138418, RE: Roar! Bye bye.
<3

Figured you were told to retract it. S'okay. FWIW I would never have made a comment like that, but possibly something misunderstood or taken out of context. Maybe something about not caring about the LAWS or being WANTED, but her view on the GUARDS were that they were goodhearted idiots, who she'd do her best to avoid.

Maybe even accepting the inevitability that sooner or later one would attack her in lion and die before she could flee. That's a "that's sad and horrible" not a "don't care."

Really wish that imm had just given me Vigilante instead.

Illy rolled with it, savored the Loss, and tried to turn it into something positive for everyone.

On the OOC player side... meh. Unlikely to play another Fort. Maybe, just maybe, if an OG role ever sings to me.