Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Raog the Weaponsmaster
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13800
13800, (DEL) Raog the Weaponsmaster
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jan 2 20:12:29 2003

5 o''clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of Futility on the Theran calendar Raog perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:166
PK Ratio:44% (closer to 100% is better)

13801, Who?
Posted by Raog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes, who, indeed, I doubt many people knew me, or cared. The goal here was to even out the odds. I created this character in mind to multikill and gangbang all (Golden Aura)'s I saw, except I just did not have it in me to multikill, gang, or full loot anybody, when I more than should have. I did not expect to be treated in turn, although I'll admit I didn't like it when it happened to me. Originally I wanted to try for Scarab, and went Sphere Truth, and when I hit about rank 20 or so the Cabal was closed. In hindsight I am sure I could have roleplayed my way into the Cult anyhow, but then again hindsight doesn't really count, now, does it. It came to a point where I just lost interest in re-gearing every few hours.
I specialized in axes and maces, and picked Ward of Blades and Trapping Beneath Thunder for legacies, both of which are extremely useful legacies and surprised me with the difference before and after choosing.

Memorable characters..

Aginal: Thanks for the shields, oh and wording me.. oh, yeah, helping me gear. About repaying you, yeah, we'll see how that goes now that I'm dead.

Khalil: God, you made me sick to the stomach with your actions.

Melkorath: We really should meet under better conditions.

Alnallander: See Khalil. Except you managed to ravage through me with or without a gang.

Tynnyn: We would have had some good rivalry going. I tried to imagine how the player behind the character reacted when I disemboweled you.. twice.

Tarnyxil: See Alnallander. The first sentence.

Kavuul/Kulmortuk: Hang in there, you're making a difference.

Sassmi: See Tarnyxil. Both sentences.

Oh dear, I seem to have thrown in some negative remarks toward some people there. But it's too late now and wouldn't you know it, my delete and backspace keys are missing. Deal with it. You people acted worse than any rank-sitting duergar axe specs I have ever seen, and your "selective roleplaying" will catch up with you eventually. I may be seeing things only from one-side, but I guess it's too late to take anything back, darn missing keys. Deal with it.

Eh, if you managed to get through this post, then more power to you.
Flame off.
-Raog.
13812, Raog, that's who
Posted by Alnallander on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Khalil: God, you made me sick to the stomach with your actions.

Alnallander: See Khalil. Except you managed to ravage through me with or without a gang."

Wouldn't mind hearing how I made you sick to your stomach. Enjoyed the tidbits of interaction we had and to be honest, was hoping to have more. The short conversation in the stunted forest surprised and intrigued me.

Tough road.

13813, RE: Raog, that's who
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
heh agreeing with my bro up there. here i was thinkin i could run across a decent non-scion enemy for once, as a player i thought you were doing a good thing. (my kudos to team evil from earlier posts had alot to do with your actions).

as for char? mercy? bah! hehe i was just trying to get something going to spark some rp heh. :)

13811, pfft
Posted by Sassmi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you expected a warder captain to forget about you once aiding scion to retrieve and several attempt to kill her warders, well thats too bad. 'Cos this warder captain can't and decided to class you as defiler. Numerous time you were there aiding scions while they raid and attacking the defenders. Many times I try to get you on my own, no ganging but you always have someone to cover your butt. Oh my delete and backspace keys are working well enough but I don't intend to use them. Too bad.
13810, liked your spec choice
Posted by Manzinul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you seemed a good guy when I traveled with you. Probably not how you should come across, but I liked it.

Mace/Axe spec is something I've always quite wanted to try, but can never quite be bothered to.
13808, Fun fights
Posted by Kaatamnon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Weaponbreaker... grrrr....
13809, Forgot to add
Posted by Kaatamnon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The life of an unaballed fire giant warrior can't be easy. Glad to see you didn't succumb to the pressure to join scion just to make your life easier.
13807, Uh
Posted by Sinlauk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I dont like the tone of yer message.I dont like it at all.I am beginning to feel I should not have feinded you ....

But could not help what I did there.And I resolved to go after you when you escaped my feind the first time.And believe me,I have never hit a fire giant with an illusion for fire and ice ....

The highest praise I could give you is,you were the only one I would think TWICE before attacking.You did escape being feinded because of Melkorath being around more than once,though.

I liked Raog.He hated me.
13806, RE: Who?
Posted by Vorti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, old ranking buddy, Sorry I attacked you when I hitted hero...bad memory and all. You were right, you were too freaking soft I tell you! Though I thought you were fighting well and all.
13805, Hey
Posted by Kavuul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you. I dont know how many times I had to tell other villagers that you werent a scion n stuff. I even had a stupid mob death trying to help you regear :P

Anyways, it was fun practicin with you. Furthermore, you helped me gain a bunch of ranks in the 40-hero range. I got stuck in the mid forties unable to rank so I got stomped big time by heroes for a long time. So when you helped me close in on hero I really appreciated it.

Have fun with your next.
13804, Amusing indeed.
Posted by Melkorath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was rank fourty when I first saw you, and I think a Immortal was snooping me when I ask about your prior heritage. After a brief name change thought, and a small snide remark from me you seems to follow the name change as if it hadnt happened. (I had the same thing done *cackles*)

You came across as a old school player, moreso a old school warrior. you know crucial equipment locations that I had long since forgotten. The brief time that we did fight together, regear together was memorable. We both managed to play as if we knew what needed to be done, how it was supposed to be done and we didnt need to tell each other. It was then that I think I new who you were and that made me giggle in real life and I had a grin from ear to earn for the rest of the day.

The pking we did was harsh, real harsh. We fought enemies and they fought us back. It was a tough way to deal with things when invokers are erading you ever round and your combined damage is less than a mutilate. TIme and time again we stood next to each other, Myself in battle and you uncaballed, yet we both got hosed the same. It was all the fighting next to you that made me start to moan about spellbane. Dont have a single log of spellbaning as a berserker... I guess that is just bad luck.

Pitty to see you go, but Im glad we cross paths, I've a wicked idea for a new character based apon you :) Hope everything goes well.

Toodle OOoo
13802, RE: Who?
Posted by Krentar OddEgg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You forgot ta mention me dammit..ahh well, gimmie yer EMAIL if ya want, huh?
13803, RE: Who?
Posted by Raog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can reach me at lordexit@hotmail.com