Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Ralshamar the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=137631
137631, (DELETED) [None] Ralshamar the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Oct 24 14:11:51 2019

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Ralshamar perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:248
137634, Oof. Reading that pbf makes this sting a bit more than ...
Posted by xyfa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not going to moan about the cabal situation, I had a lot of fun with the character - just didn't achieve the things I was hoping to. I enjoy Scarab rp a lot, but the goal was to add an additional dynamic to cabalwars which can't really be done effectively as a pledge. Perhaps I just did things wrong, distinctly possible.

Build was really fun and super strong, I'll definitely revisit it one day with empire or fort. Everyone I interacted with was great, some really cool characters at the moment.

Will definitely miss people, but:

To the imm that gave me my catechism: I missed the first message but saw the second one, and was like omg have I been standing here too long do I need to go attack someone. Sorry dark gods, here I go. Woops? It wasn't an intentional ignore, just me being bad coupled with a funny misread of the situation. Thanks for taking mercy on me.

Narra: thanks for the rp guidance, you filled in a few of the big holes in my understanding of the dogma which was great. We got off to a rocky start (lol) but it worked out! If I do ever roll another Scarab I don't doubt you'll have made it better, though I'm not sure I will.

Oniflond: man you were -so- tough. Giving you the run around and praying for space was the only thing I could think of, and even the one time I got you with a scan all it wasn't quite enough. Thanks for being classy in victory. I won't lie, seeing sigil from this side of things makes me way sadder about no dreadlord on Malgren, its so scary. Its really rare I'm finding to find someone is a great enemy as well as a great ally, but you certainly are one.

Aztezul: you were really formidable, but more you are just doing awesome things. Doing stuff outside the status quo is great and I hope it all pans out for you. Thanks for the talks!

Chuta: good talk, thanks for you know what.

Ginni: really glad you got mummy, I liked what I saw. Hope you have fun!

Vae: saw you less in the latter hours, but really liked what I saw before that.

Anluwar: probably the closest thing I had to a nemesis early on. It was heavily in my favour initially, but once you hit hero and had barrier etc, you became a total nightmare for me. I wish transmuter's weren't so limited vs villagers, it looks super fun if not for that. I had so many escapes by the skin of my teeth.

Enukh: you were a nightmare for me in the midranks but I loved having you in my range. You really made me step up my evasion game. Fighting your various incarnations always teaches me something - I never did manage to get my revenge on this one!

Gruntner: fun fights, fun conversations. Sorry you got looted off of that kill, that sucked. On paper I felt like your build was not going to be a threat to me then we had our first fight and I was like oh my god what just hit me. You were a total beast, and had 0 fear: I could always be sure that you'd be down to fight whenever I saw you online and that I'd need to be really on top of things not to get smashed.

Bronswor: shield ded looks really frustrating for sealing kills. Thanks for the fights and the talks, in my head I just had this image of sane Bronswor nodding slowly at the crazy person. Was impressed by how down to fight against the odds you always were.

Meghrit: great talks, had me laughing a lot with your constant "business" endeavours.

Zaol: man you were so tough for me. Saddly I won't be taking that chair, though I was severely tempted towards the end. Good luck!

Phiyruhk: your snark never fails to make me laugh. I'm sad we didn't get to match up times more.

Krabala: sorry to run off mid discussion, I was 99% sure I was about to get assassinated. Fun fights!

Pinchio: seeing that rage delete made me sad. I did kind of lame you, sorry about that.

Minotaurs: sorry guys, figuring out what you're saying is a work in progress. I wasn't brushing you off on purpose.

Sorry to the other pledges that were counting on me, logging in just started becoming a bit of a chore and I didn't see it changing anytime soon- I'd been considering this for a bit. When I created I decided I'd delete at 200 hours if not inducted, then promptly broke that. Frustration attrition did the job in the end.

Thanks everyone!
137635, I liked you.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As mentioned in the discord, I liked your tone/dialogue when I happened to hear it. So props for that!

-Ish
137636, said it already but
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
big fan! boo on not getting inducted, shouldn't take but 100 hours for Scarab if even that. this isn't real life.

man, you had a knack for catching me without control trans up. Bash bash! fun fights, kudos on the char and the good times.
137643, You were on the cusp but missing a bit
Posted by Someone who interacted on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry you deleted and as pbf proves you were almost there. Scarab is a very hard line to tow.it's a mix of good pk and above notch rp. To click, you really need to be outstanding. In my view you got there and apparently Scarab agreed. Sadly it took too long to get noticed and for your next, if ever, I'd suggest talking to people more and in depth. It is very niche to say the least.
137644, Appreciate the feedback.
Thanks, maybe next year or something. We'll see!
137662, That was sloppy on my part...
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a couple minutes to log on, set your history, check CF mail, etc. and I only saw the PBF email after I had already added the history entry.

I'm so sorry we missed each other. I've been working myself into the ground--to the point where I really need to see a doctor--and have had little time for CF, but I started watching you over the last couple weeks between data compilations. The Monday before you deleted I talked to the other immortals to see how they felt about you (it was all positive), spent a few days at a conference, then came back to seal the deal. Then I saw I was too late. One more thing to add to my recent growing list of regrets.

The takeaway is this: (1) I should probably close down Scarab until I can get my work life under control; (2) you didn't do anything wrong, it's all my fault.

So, heartfelt apologies. I will talk to the staff and see what we want to do with Scarab moving forward. I've had a migraine for the last 52 days and everything takes longer to do because I get a halo over words when I try to focus on reading.
137663, That sucks dude. I hope you get some time for yourself soon.
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Working that much sounds like a nightmare. Best of luck.
137666, yeah
I need to fix this.
137664, RE: That was sloppy on my part...
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
RL gets us all, and I know easier said than done.

Scarab has consistently had 9+ pledges for a while. Why not throw a couple of them a bone and see what happens

Because I am assuming the mortal leaders can actually induct (Correct me if I am wrong) so once this point is reached you kinda leave it in someone else's hands anyway.

SCARAB |Members|Pledges|Taken |Retrieved|Influence|Coverage |Presence |
2019-10-30 |0 |9 |0 |0 |100.00% |0.00% |0.00% |
2019-10-29 |0 |10 |0 |0 |100.00% |2.59% |0.00% |
2019-10-28 |0 |9 |0 |0 |24.53% |0.00% |0.00% |
137665, That might work n/t
Sepulchrum meum facio.
137667, RE: That might work n/t
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I was good at ASCII art I would totally draw a thumbs up right now!
137668, Don't beat yourself up about it
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Stuff happens.

People know they are doing this at their own risk. If they don't they are blind (and profane :) ).

The cabal command makes it pretty clear that induction is not going to come quickly.

Now that people know that, they can make an informed decision about whether they want to take the gamble. A bit like deciding whether to lose powers to change alignment, or follow a non existent god.
137669, Hey man, no worries.
Your health is way more important, I'm over my grumbling stage already. Thanks for everything you do for the game and I hope life calms down for you. That sounds really rough.
137633, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ralshamar the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by War Master on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aww, as I told you many times, I had your seat ready, you just had to come and take the oath :)

Pledged at 6hrs, deleted at 245 hours. I'd be pissed too.
But you played a lot of off-peak times, I know that pain.
137632, Lolololol at last imm comments.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We totally buy that. You randomly thought about this 200 hour applicant without prompting on the day his deletion was set to go through to log in and induct him.

If only he had waited on deleting he was totally about to get inducted!

Should have just left it blank. Even if you were being sincere why post anything at all at that point? To try not to discourage other players about the cabal?
137637, Maybe to make them aware that induction IS still possible?
Just not quick.

Personally I'm of the view that scarab will only suit you if you can enjoy playing without powers.

If you need the powers, then scarab probably isn't for you.

(There are 9 scarab applicants so there's still a network to rp scarab-like stuff within, as well as the external rp opportunities.)
137638, oh cool so it’s like an uninducted player driven mini-cabal
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Totally great option, you’re right. Sign me up.
137639, Another way to say it...
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you want to be a Scarab, it's not for you.

137642, No, that really isn't the same thing
I guess my point is that if you are playing a character with indomitable will, you probably aren't dependent on having a subset of powers, so it needn't wreck your experience.

I say this as a former Raybaer Paladin follower who deleted virtueless after 200 hours to be told she'd been busy and was just about to give me one. Stuff happens. But as a scarab, you are not someone to be crushed by setbacks -- it honestly makes these things easier. When Tsal for full looted by someone she'd never even seen on the who list in her life, let alone screwed over, the fact I was being a scarab who wouldn't be bothered by it made it much easier to get over. It was just another chance to rp a scarab.