Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Trajeona Lil Waela, Chancellor of Scion
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13743
13743, (DEL) Trajeona Lil Waela, Chancellor of Scion
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Dec 31 14:25:25 2002

3 o''clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Winter Wolf on the Theran calendar Trajeona perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:375
PK Ratio:35% (closer to 100% is better)

13744, So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
Posted by Uncle Bob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What can I say…this was one of the most interesting CF experiences to date. First of all, why am I quitting? I have a new years resolution…I want to finally become published by 2004. And when I sit down at the PC, and I have my mangled short story in front of me, and I think, “It would be so easy to log on to CF. Just one…little…click…” And that’s happened far too often lately. That’s a testament to the greatness of this game. So I’m not leaving out of frustration, anger, disillusionment, or any other negativity. Not to say I haven’t felt all of those in spades at one time or another.

Imms: You all keep this thing running, and very well at that. Keep up the Faith. Valguarnera…thanks. It’s been fun, and you were just what I imagined my (Trajeona’s) god of reason would be. I would have liked to have talked with you more, to flesh some things out, but then, so it goes.

Scion: It’s been fun, all. I remember when I first joined…it was kind of bleak. Then, eventually, we scratched and clawed our way to the top. I leave now knowing things are in good hands, although it is somewhat depressing some of you leave already. In any case, Anith will keep things going I have no doubt.

Anith, what can I say…we made quite a team huh? That little bit at the end was fun, and I had some plans do continue what we were doing, to make things…interesting all around. I just don’t have the time to put in the chasm that you, the Scion, the applicants, everyone else, or even our little melodrama deserves. Best Scion I ever saw, you. Although you are kind of a bastard *wink *

The rest of you, there were so many it’s hard to name names. I started jotting some down, but I can’t do justice to you all…it has been some time, after all. The vast majority of you have been great, at least, lately. I was a little frustrated when I first became Advisor. By the time I got Chancellor, you all really started shining through.

Enemies: We had plenty. Too many to mention. Needless to say, you made things interesting for us. In my many hours as Trajeona, I don’t believe I had one spare minute, ever. Good luck, all of you.

Allies: Behnestkitn, and the lackies, and the Nexus, thanks all. Believe me, each and every one of you were appreciated.

Trajeona held sphere Reason. She always tried to let judgment and reason rule her, not emotion. I was hoping to be a somewhat aloof, coolish drow. At the same time, I was sick of all the “All of you suck” drows, so I wound up being raised by a human blind woman who taught her the value of reason and calmness of spirit. Blah blah blah, in short, I was a ‘can catch more flies with honey than vinegar’ kind of person. Not sure how well it worked, especially trying to lead something as evil as Scion, but there you have it. So those of you who were wondering why I didn’t rule with more of an iron fist, there it is. It simply wasn’t in ‘me.’ I’d post my role, but it wound up kind of mangled. You all would mock and ridicule me. I do have it though, maybe I’ll throw it up sometime for kicks.

I had a blast with this character. In my nearly 400 hours, I don’t think I had more than 5 minutes at a time free. Applicants, allies, enemies, Scion, and miscellaneous all made for a busy time. For those of you who contacted me wanting to talk, I can only say, I talked whenever I could with you all. I very rarely sat anywhere doing nothing; so if I didn’t talk with you, it wasn’t out of being a jerk. It was pure chaos at times, many times half a dozen people or more contacting me. Through all that, I replied ‘misspoken’ not nearly as much as I would have guessed.

Thanks, all. It was truly fun. I’m not going to be rolling anything for awhile, but I’ll definitely be popping in and seeing what’s what.

(And maybe next year at this time, I’ll have some good news to report…)

I would beg, I would plead
I would shake
On a hook dangling wide awake
I’m so young and beautiful
I’m no fool
Time goes by, tables turn

First it giveth, then it taketh away.

13773, Awww!
Posted by B. Dalton on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>What can I say…this was one of the most interesting CF
>experiences to date. First of all, why am I quitting? I
>have a new years resolution…I want to finally become
>published by 2004.

That's a great goal and I wish you the best of luck.

Not that it's anything like writing a "real" story, but I
managed to be a contributing author on a technical book in
the last year. It was well-reviewed and that felt pretty
cool. The gratification of writing something actually
original is something I've only had a small glimpse of.

Look forward to seeing what that weird brain of yours
gives us next, be it story or character.

Published with Evil.

13774, I don't wanna be a wannabe-writer! I wanna be a writer!
Nothing like seeing your name in print. I've been a consistent writer on a Minneapolis newspaper, had some UNPAID short stories published, and had some technical stuff published...all UNPAID!

The writing organization I'm looking to join wants four pretty-solid published, paid works. No way I'll get that soon, if ever...but if I get just one in the venue I'm shooting for, I'll die happy.

I'll certainly post something here if it happens. I'm not above fishing for praise in any capacity. Good luck with your writing as well...

"Groin-grabbingly transcendent."
13771, A writer eh?
Posted by Anith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well hell....it's been fun. We had some good times with this charactor and my last. *snicker* Not sure what exactly was going through your mind at the end there but you had me stumped....I DIDNT WANT your damn seat, you were just acting weird and freaking everyone out. Ironic, but I never plotted agaisnt you and was your biggest supporter up until the last few days.*grin* Well...to an extent......

The last few times we were about together, I started to really want to hurt something...because I was getting frustrated at all the things going on. Then once every single voice in my head starting warning me that I was going to 'pay the price', that was enough for me.....the loyal magi. *snicker*

Anyhow, before the incident.....we brought the chasm from the rubble. The early fights were awesome, and we kicked ass....
Lately, since we hold an edge most of the time, it feels different....almost like I enjoy being outnumbered 10 to 1.

Good luck with the writing, and post something if you have a sample for us to read....unless it's religious crap, then keep it.

Farewell my priestess,
Anith
13772, RE: A writer eh?
You know it's funny, but I remember you from the induction, through the 'other drow betrayal' phase, through advisor, and finally to Chancellor. I'm not sure of any other chars that had such an impact overall...you went from being a sort of unassuming, loyal young one to, well...where you are now.

As to our end, I was sure it would be coming like that fairly soon. Believe it or not, I had some plans above and beyond that. Had I the time, I think it would have been fun/interesting. But as the timing of this whole thing was coinciding with the new year...I had to make a choice on where I wanted to put my time, at least for a while.

"I" know you didn't want the seat, or at least not in an underhanded way. In short, you were the best Advisor one could hope for, and assuming you make Chancellor, I'm sure you'll supercede me by far. The one problem playing a support class, especially as a healer, is you can't go and spank someone. Not hard, anyway. My whole plan, as Advisor and Chancellor, was to bring Scion up from the rubble, as you say. To gather people with a lot of potential and go from there. I feel I succeeded in that respect...sort of like an entrepeneur who can start the company and see it grow, but there comes a time when one needs to leave the organization in more capable hands.

I know what you mean about the boredom without being outnumbered bit. That was partially the reason for my actions as of late, although I'll leave it at that I suppose.

Anyway, I really enjoyed our times, too bad there weren't more of them. But then...who knows what the future will bring. I'm sure we'll meet up again, eventually.

Regarding the writing, I'll definitely post something once it gets published (note the baseless optimism).

Good luck, Anith!

13769, well good luck
Posted by behn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
well glad to hear you are a writer, i am a copy editor for... well we will just say a semi well known company and glad to see i got a mention by name with the lackeys and the nexuns well if you need any help with the short send me a mail!!

Matt Grindstaff

htvfc1133@aol.com
13770, RE: well good luck
I will be taking you up on that...I'll be curious to know your area. Any way, let me just say again how much I enjoyed the orc.

I'll be in touch fairly soon...my rough draft is nearly there, and I like it. I think.

13766, RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
as a player sad to see ya go..
dimion didn't know what to think of ya. scion=hate

but i saw you once when i was young and you were up there (51)
healing the arial prisoners we were killing, even though it was a waste of time you kept it up, i respected that both ic and ooc, as i spent i don't know how much mana doing the same thing in darsylon from as far back as i can remember.

whenever i tried to get you, you always managed to slip off or bounce it with what semed like a million people. hehe. the one time i thought i'd have you i got silaseth instead. hehe. well he showed up before you. and moved slower than you. what can i say?

i'm pretty sure with you heading em up the scion got me far more than they would have without. that's not to say they wouldn't have gotten me. just maybe not as many times (a day?)heh.

but luck to you with the writing..

13767, Thanks, Dimion...I enjoyed your character...good luck! (nt)

13768, RE: Thanks, Dimion...I enjoyed your character...good luck!
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
luck? yeah thanks i need all i can get..
heh.
(though honestly since about rank 16 i have been in a daze at just still being alive.. i'm still not sure how that happened.)

:)
13764, RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
Posted by Aginal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, being a writer would explain your tendency to talk alot. I think maybe the jumn from advisor to chancellor was too much for you, or just your character. Honey doesn't work as a chancellor. Neither does alot of talk. You seemed rather unsure of yourself, and planning to remove someone just so you would seem stronger to everyone else is just bad leadership, unless it's actually a person who should be, but it's seemed more of a flip a coin scenario. Lately seems your playing time dropped a bit, although not as much as that disappearing act a little while back when everyone would ask fisrt thing "Seen Trajeona?". Not saying I didn't enjoy any of the time, but it was always a having fun/annoying the hell out of me situation. That triton teleport was funny, you continuously talking while I watch the matron whittle 1000 hp from me not quite so much. All in all, I guess it was just a good time to lay the drow to rest. Just my opinion.
13765, RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
>Well, being a writer would explain your tendency to talk
>alot.
I'll take that as a...compliment?

>I think maybe the jumn from advisor to chancellor was
>too much for you, or just your character.
Both?

>I guess it was just a good time to lay the drow to
>rest. Just my opinion.
I Don't agree with most of your post, but I'll agree with this. More or less. In a roundabout sort of way.

Later

13762, RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
Posted by Yhorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry for poking you about, I have to say. I was probably one of the most useless nexun's because yhorian suddenly got a thing for not being anyones lackey. It got to the point where he was about to attack anyone and anything that shoved him in the wrong direction and once or twice you happened to be that person. No offense meant, but something about you really didn't scare me :P

I thought you made a good chancellor, every time I spoke with you I got the feeling I should get from some powerful head of a cult. Your speech just seemed to say 'Oh, to disagree is to ask for a thousand terrible things to fall upon you'. Which was nice.

Oh, and don't bother.... you'll be back! See you around. :D

Yhorian Adethusal.
13763, RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
No offense meant, but something about you
>really didn't scare me :P
>
That's because I didn't GRIMACE at you. You should have seen the grimace. Sent chills down the spines of undead horsemen.

I noticed that in you, towards the end, that coldness. I figured there was something going on, but I sensed my end soon as well, so I did not pursue it.

Good luck in the future!

(Yeah, I'll probably be back. I'm hoping to give it a good 3 months first!)

13760, Long and nice fights...thanks for good times... n/t
Posted by Guenrayn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
13761, Ah my favorite villager
And I don't mean that facetiously. You were a tough SOB. I know our main point of contention was the fight at the chasm. You should know that what I said to you was not meant to disparage you as a player, but I was hoping to demoralize you if at all possible, and take whatever tiny chunk of resolve out of you that I could. As a player, I never thought those things. As Trajeona...well, maybe and maybe not, but I thought I would stir the bees nest up a bit.

You did the village well, and no doubt you'll be missed. (Although not by Scion...)

13758, RE: Hmm
Posted by Virinahn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey well that was a strange turn of events there at the end--you and anith that is. I always enjoyed interacting with you, and was hoping you'd stick around. Good luck with the writing.
13759, Thanks...and the same to you. (nt)

13756, Well done
Posted by Sosuphan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well what to say I inducted you into scion. I'm proud of what you became... Though I still agree with the iron fist things scions used to be. But sheesh well done not to sound rude but I never expected you to become the Chancellor. Well done none the less you really did bring sion out of the shitter where it was. Hope to see you back in the fields.
13757, RE: Well done
I remember that completely, the induction. You were telling me to 'talk differently'...I don't think you liked my voice that much. That's okay, I didn't either after a while. Also, I didn't expected to become Chancellor either ;)

Too bad you 'left' when you did...things were just starting to heat up! Good luck in the future...

13754, RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
Posted by Ulthur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I didn't really know what to think of your character... at first you were just another Scion, maybe a bit better than most. Then there was an incident at the Fortress when you and I believe Anith were trying to raid, and you killed the outter before I arrived, so I ran past you two and into the room west of the Watcher. You yelled something somewhat mocking, and I summoned you and you barely got away. Then we got into a verbal exchange (I'll leave it at that) and I lost a lot of respect for your character.

But after that, I was largely impressed. That last fight we had where I was raiding and you were sitting at the archmage, and we kept going back and forth... I think I told you that you were "tenacious", and you replied something along the lines of "so are you". Well, that is about the biggest compliment Ulthur has ever paid any evil character in his life. :P

From what I saw, good job.

.ulthur
13755, RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
I don't remember the verbal exchange you mention, but I know we had our share of tiffs. "Tenacious" was exactly how I would have described you, which is why I didn't add more to the compliment. (I didn't want to get all gushy or anything.)

You made things interesting...I'll give you that. Good luck...

13749, RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mmm.. bloody chunks of meat. Now with fanciness!

I thought Trajeona was a great character who ended up being a decent leader. There were a number of times where I wanted you to be more assertive, which eventually led to Stuff Going Down, though I understand how your role interacted with that. Sometimes, the role goes one way, the cabal another, and the religion a third, and you get put in tough situations like that. But overall, you played a tough role at a tough time, and I thought you did a solid job of it.

I was looking forward to catching you online and trying to convert you to an uncaballed but rewarded loyal follower. Sorry I've been scarce the past week, but I'm travelling. (And will be for a little while longer.)
13750, RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
It's sad, but becoming Chancellor was a curse...even Advisor was. I really strayed at that point, at least from where I wanted to be as a character. I created Trajeona to aid team evil, and to see the Scion come to power, but in a behind-the-scenes kind of way. I was hoping to do a lot of exploring (was hoping Nepenthe would cave regarding reopening Silent Tower a LONG time ago.) Then the leadership came, and although at times I tried to play the more agressive leader, it just wasn't "me". Probably more suited for Masters, and that's how I played it, so it was kind of fun to see how it worked out. (If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone advise me, "Rule with an Iron Fist!" I'd have...like...all these nickels.)

I was hoping to do some other more RP/Role-intensive stuff. Sounds like if I would have hung around a bit, it would have come full-circle, which would have been great. But I just wouldn't be able to do more than an hour a week right now, and that wouldn't do justice. I'm sure I'll regret it later.

Anyway, had loads of fun. As I said, this was the least dull character I've ever played.

Good luck in the travels.

13751, RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> I was hoping to do a lot of
>exploring (was hoping Nepenthe would cave regarding
>reopening Silent Tower a LONG time ago.)

Exxxxxcellent. Then we know you'll be back someday to do that.

It has new surprises! Killy surprises you just can't miss, like anthrax in your Cracker Jacks (tm)!
13752, RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I probably shouldn't mention that I also gave a thumb's up to Trajeona
embarking on a little adventure that shall remain nameless at this
time. Ah well.
13753, RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!
Posted by Karel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh, Scarry giving the withered thumbs up, just know that would of been sweet...or bitter depending which side of the corpse pile you're on.
13747, The list gets shorter
Posted by Kierning on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Another of my buddies has turned in for good. Wish I could have gotten a name reference, rather than just 'nexuns.' *smirk*

The first time we talked I believe was when I asked if you could help me whack Imbessar, and I didn't know what to expect out of you. Drows can be mean, ya know. After that, we occasionally talked, but not too much. When we went and got you the mask the first time, we became much better friends, and naturally that was sealed when I told you that whats-his-name-drow-scion-healer wanted you killed for the mask.

After that, it was loads of fun, whether it being explaining to you why I wouldn't go whack sylvans with you, or you coming to help defend the Rift/attack the village.

Trajeona was loads of fun. And I think we're both glad that Gwimdorf was nice enough to wait an extra five minutes before gating at Azhan. hehe
13748, Didn't forget!
Not at all. I just figured I would respond to any who remembered me. I enjoyed walking with you immensely, and thought you were fitting for your part. I remember the times you mentioned...those were the days. Nothing like a little intrigue and fellow drow healers looking for your blood to make things interesting.

Later

13746, Great job
Posted by Uelveyye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nice job as Chancellor.
Enjoyed our interactions, you played the role of cool drow and manipulator well.

Kudos
13745, Farewell!
Posted by Quimo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What can I say? Great job. Yet another high-end quality character, worthy successor of Anterrabae and Reddyn. I really liked you, from the very beginning. You never disappointed me.

Good luck in your writing carrer! (I've had some writing experience earlier in my life, so I have an idea of how exhausting yet rewarding this occupation can be :-) ).

Quimo
13775, Well, sheeoot.
Posted by Scion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Imagine this is either because a) you don't have the time to play or b) you've got another character in the works or c) you're bored.
13776, Ahh...the madness
Posted by Killag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have always liked you...you were like a mother to me. You got me a little exited with the thief thing..and made my char interesting for once...but it just faded away. At the end there...things were messed up with that storm giant..didnt understand...was dissapointed that our chancellor was turning mad. Well..we had good times, and good luck.
13777, Sorry
I really did have plans for you regarding the thief thing. There were so many things going on, it kind of took a back seat. You'll notice it didn't really pan out for anyone, not just you. But I thought you made a great thief...and I'm sure you would have done well in that capacity. Next time!