Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Viya Bror'Vaye the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=137331
137331, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Viya Bror'Vaye the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Aug 31 06:22:04 2019

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Viya perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:405
137340, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Viya Bror'Vaye the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Viya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So Viya was a great change. My previous chars were a dreadlord (Zanitjah) and shadow lord (Kadavarn). I think I enjoyed this one the most out of the last 3. For some reason I find it easier and natural to roleplay a good align, maybe because it’s closer to my actual personality. Odd how most of my characters have been evil though.

Viya’s backstory was he was somewhat broken and bent on the absolute destruction of drow (and of course the rest of evil). It seemed to work, I didn’t get in too much trouble, I prefer an ends justify the means role, if killing a neutral mob for an item that helps me kill evil, fair game :)

I don’t want to dwell on my delete, it was kind of bad timing. I died to someones space legacy when I did a scan all and he full’ed me over some bitter between character issue. At the time it was unclear if Fort was coming back, if maran was coming back and if I would actually get in or want to (if they changed it). So I deleted, 400 hours was good slog I thought, and managed to never kill a good align mob (except for 1 bug which the imms confirmed).

Pohdtid, man I really dig your character. You are like the perfect good align, perfect healer, perfect Acolyte. I enjoyed everything we did together.

Alrion, your char was a total bad ass, I still can’t believe the mobs that we duo’ed, mobs that don’t normally drop to 2 warriors. It was a shame when you deleted, but was nice to get the other hummingbird. Two of them was such a joy.

Many of the fort, including some of the mortal leaders I did not get to interact with much because of my playing times, which was a shame. This was also an issue regarding the collapse, I missed out on most of the imm interaction there.
I am still unsure of the purpose of the collapse. However, it seems like it would have been better to do it a different way. Such as closing the entrance to the cabal, putting the orb in another cabal (that’s not accessible) so we have no powers. But still have Fortess by our name, cb and our powers remains at 100% skill level where they just don’t work. That would have then have been an interesting time. Instead booting everyone really just leads to people deleting or losing interest. For some reason I thought I would not get back in, just my luck or something during cabal transitions. I had a new knight when knights collapsed, new shadow when shadow ended, a master when master ended (though there was a high chance for that one).

The other eye opener I had was during a holiday in July, I took my family to the US to see Disneyland (Star wars land cool FYI). When in San Francisco, I logged on to CF with a 40ms ping. In all the time playing CF I’ve never experienced this kind of ping and it is massive eye open to the disadvantage some of the overseas players have. From Australia, the best ping is around 250ms. So assuming perfect reaction time (say if using a client trigger) that is a 500ms turn around on receiving the event and responding. You just take for granted that delay so it was such an odd experience to see the game instantly respond to my command. The CF community should be glad the person who plays characters such as Igos is not operating at 40ms, as his chars would be even more brutal.

Empire, many of you are a bunch of wimps and the ones that tended to defend or retrieve only did so because they could recall from battle. When a single maran hero raids, defend the codex, don’t weaken the maran, that’s a tactic for when you are outnumbered. For those that did fight, was some good fights and good times. Cabal wars is where CF is at its best, I much rather these kind of pks. A lot of people like to jump players when they levelling at mid ranks. But for me, it’s all about the hero and cabal battles.
One point though, the fact that I fought at the empire guardians 99% of the time to defend at watcher 1% of the time, might be suggestive that watcher is too OP and nobody wants to go there?

Sekpak, omg you were such a disrupter. You made like a 500 hour char in the last 60 or 70 hours of my char. You play too much lol. That entwine screwed up my dodge so bad, but that was not the only reason, Grunkul entwined me plenty for no joy. I swear the player behind Sekpak is responsible for half of all my chars pk losses. I can usually work out who you are, because of how much you play, the fact that you always kick ass and the style of said ass kicking. Thanks for not looting me (despite having a title that you like to loot).

Overall Viya was a fairly positive experience. Now on to the next :)

137344, The watcher is too strong
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Particularly if you are a shaman and he immediately dispels your protections and bash and trip protection.

Not sure what the solution is but no inner should dispel imho.
137346, Agreed
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Scarab Lich and old Nexus inners are great examples of super beastly inners that managed to not deter solo raiders against solo defenders.
137347, Not great comparisons
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The nexan inners were mostly raided by ragers with rager powers. Not exactly normal. Also, it’s not like ragers really have that much to risk when they die. Honestly, they are just as nasty with regear.

The scarab inner isn’t actually all that rough unless there is someone to call revenants.
137349, Nothing compares to light of heaven spam, right
What I'm trying to say is Copraphagus is a nice benchmark, the Empire and Trib inners are good too. Outlander can be really nasty, nearly as nasty as the Watcher for some raiders, but absolutely nothing compares to dispel spam.
137351, In my experience
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The Lich dispels WAY more often than the watcher.
137355, Trib inner good
Posted by JohnEveryMan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lol
137366, like, in a good place, not "good" :P
sorry for heisting your death thread Viya