Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Saam Chaeky the Mummy Lord, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=136336
136336, (AUTO) [None] Saam Chaeky the Mummy Lord, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Feb 23 18:50:35 2019

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Saam perished, never to return.
Race:mummy
Class:necromancer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:412
136359, Big scary mummy.
Posted by Saelriza on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Congratulations Saam on a long living, sucessfull and scary character. A shame things went this way on your personal life, but i am glad you got things solved.

I missed you and your long stories. Come back when you can, we need roleplayers like you.

Saelriza.

136369, RE: Big scary mummy.
Posted by saam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
actually that was about 400 hours... in a single month.
:P
so not long lived really

and yeah that situation got solved. Hopefully you are doing great and kickin it well man its just.. I couldnt remain :( sry

136355, RE: (AUTO) [None] Saam Chaeky the Mummy Lord, Anathema to the Empire
I stopped being able to play back in january. early january if I recall right. Seeing this just now show up x.x...

I ended up having an rl situation with a family member from the phillipines. After a huge typhoon wiped out samar ended up having to move her family in with her parents, her working abroad in the united arab emrites etc. Anyway time to go home after all these years and... her boss as it were wouldnt let her go. Had to do some family helping, and that was my situation in a nutshell. took about 3 weeks considering there, and back, and a little time in samar, getting help for a bit of funds lol, etc et al.

My char i think still exsted when I got back, not sure but... didnt have the will to come back as him. I had done so much, but then was not able to do the last event, not even sure of events I could come up with literally had no fresh ideas.

So with that, yeah decided to let the hat drop and say that was a successful char, and hopefully successful with the hovered finger over the anathema button. In the end, the button was pressed I see :P

Goodbyes -
Emnon - I had no idea what I was doing with your religion really... but rp wise my cowardly char would fear and piss himself, so that route was pretty much mandatory for me, calling him your slave, doing everything to be subservient and in your graces... or at least not on your ####list :P Hope I didnt go overboard as said... really had no idea wtf I was doing with you.
You were awesome though. Hope I made a positive impact as your dreadlord.

Gaspare - you were an awesome mortal and I had loved ya back then. Never was an enemy or ally as I had one char and only wanted to learn one specific secret, and explore a few areas during your lifetime. :P. But I got to learn alot of your character including be there for your wedding. Im actually glad that the museum got to see more use and a starting again of art BEFORE your emergence. I dunno what woulda happened to the empire if it was still not happening when you had :P
Hope I made things a bit fun for ya, even if mighta bogged ya down a bit. If I did sorry wasnt my intention as I really didnt know you were gonna be revealed during this char and stuff, but.. well you were the imperial artist :P

war master - I kept feeling so bad for you. You died alot.. its just that you did have a great presence and that is why I supported you. I support people that will try even if they fail, than a person that doesnt. Prep more man, be a prep whore. That being said did seem like ya had positives too... just.. squish less x.x :P

elith - not many of the fortress were willing to stay around for a while. Granted holidays but.. especially the invokers. Going got tough and the not so tough dissapeared. You had it a bit rough but man you did freakin great. I had to actually fight you with near no minions to ensure I could fight. That deal on eastern road where you fended me to death in permalag... yeah. I didnt know fend was that accurate. Made me have to do specific things, and again if I didnt have them, fight without minions which leads me to bat. I still remember the fight where neither of us were running, both convulsing.. I barely won with around 50 hp left. just one round. you have balls and brains and are a good player. Harsh matchup against a necro at times and their tricks. Well done as leader.

I am not going to post on the large amount of people I interacted with. I will respond though. Reason kinda being uhh... forgot names, as they kinda blend in with the names of so many others since around 1997 when I started playing heavily (even though might have 2 or 3 chars a year if that since 2004 onward-)

136356, RE: (AUTO) [None] Saam Chaeky the Mummy Lord, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Marla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn man.. this was great Dread Lord. Very well done. I was eager to beat the #### out of Saam hah! And I was so disappointed when you suddenly disappeared back then. Though I won't forget our rare fights cause these were hilarious.
136371, RE: (AUTO) [None] Saam Chaeky the Mummy Lord, Anathema to the Empire
bloodlust and drow dex, you just blew through my minions, and spellbane wrecked me. Not in damage, but in sheer ability to keep me from landing one maladict. Taking the head solved many issues, except the bellin issue of retrieval. lol

on my side, losing all the minions was damn annoying. Hasted one might hit you... every third round. maybe. :(

136361, great opponent (and team mate)
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
strong stuff and enjoyable, nice work

you were definitely the next big thing if RL hadn't taken you away. kudos for being a helpful person in real life, hope all is well
136363, I was disappointed when you disappeared
Posted by Elithranduil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of my favorite characters, both to fight and to bicker back and forth with. We had some great fights and some.. interesting talks.

I really enjoyed your RP.. especially when it came to you discussing Gaspare. You managed to pull off a combination of sniveling brat and menacing threat simultaneously.

You were a good presence. Looking forward to see what you do with your next.
136366, RE: (AUTO) [None] Saam Chaeky the Mummy Lord, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Gaspare Gnazzo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really, really liked Saam. I loved the self-loathing roleplay angle you took, and man -- you put in so much effort and I think Saam made the game better for it. You were also fairly sporting and I never saw asshole behavior from you.

Best of luck with your next.
136368, RE: (AUTO) [None] Saam Chaeky the Mummy Lord, Anathema to the Empire
I tried not to be a ####. Undead are extremely powerful and I could get anything I wanted pretty much at any time if I wanted to again, spend that time.
That being said I rarely touched a corpse except for gold. A few exceptions was I had a death at the tree, and ones involved looted most of the things, and were sacrificing things as I arrived. Some of these people lowbies.
People that were there of the tree, unfortunately camo so I didnt know which ones but one, I did full or see full looted. I think there was only two because the others completely stopped showing after that day.
otherwise I tried never to be an asshole and tried to include everyone, including enemies on events. One enemy actually did show up to one, that you didnt join gaspare :P