Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Girf the Father of Feasts
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=136088
136088, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Girf the Father of Feasts
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jan 22 18:03:25 2019

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Girf perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:116
136102, Bye!
Posted by Father Girf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Morius, you are an excellent immortal and a fantastic role-player. Thanks for whole interactions of laughter at my computer screen!

Apart from that, not much nice to say so I'll just stick to saying nothing at all. CF has become a very small pool of very bitter and unfriendly people. There's just not much fun to be had here anymore and I don't think I'll be back.

136103, RE: Bye!
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't snoop so I was never able to get the full "Girf experience", but suffice it to say you had a lot of fans in Imm-land.

W.r.t. the player base, my feeling is that there are still enough good folks left to make it worthwhile. For the ones that aren't worth interacting with, just...don't interact with them. Verbally at least. Problem solved.
136106, RE: Bye!
Posted by Rogos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed Girf, he was a great character who did it all well.

The only thing I'd tell you is as a leader (and this goes for any leader). You really have to keep active and if you have a vacation or something going on, send us a note! It's really a downer to applicants and the cabal in general when a leader goes AWOL.

I do hope you come back because Girf was fantastic and I would love to see you capture that spark again.

All the best,

Rogos
136108, RE: Bye!
Thanks for all the little chats!

You know, about every day for three weeks I thought I would log on. But I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. If I sent a note it would have just said, “I’ll be around tomorrow!” 😀
136109, RE: Bye!
Posted by Rastensol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really, really liked Papa Girf (sorry I just couldn't help myself with that!)

Your RP was pretty fun. I was pretty surprised when you started attacking me though. Was it something other than boredom? I didn't mind the fights but thought it came out of nowhere since we had a friendly history.

No idea what your angst towards the playerbase is about and that's a shame you are angry enough to quit over whatever it was. Maybe we'll see you back. Everyone comes back... :)

136110, Alas
There was a reason to attack people of certain persuasion, which included you. I didn't love it because, obviously, we had a lot of fun chatting together. Guess it is what it is though.

With regard to the PB, I don't think I could use a word as strong as angst. It's more just a long-running and prevalent feeling of BLEH. Sure, you can not interact with certain so-and-sos and you can stay off the forums. You can ignore those one or two frustrating imms. But then what are you left with? Not very much in my opinion.

As to an eventual, inevitable return I won't rule anything out. However, I've played very little over the last 8 years or so and it only takes me a couple weeks "back" to remember why the game just isn't for me any longer.

And, by the way, this is not me trying to convince you or anyone else that I'm right, or that the game is a lost cause for all. I'm just saying that for me, and whatever it is that amuses me, this just ain't it.

Make sure yous eat, Ulf!
136111, That's what CE permas do
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
attack ppl
136117, You're not right in the head.
They should ban you.
136114, really dug
Posted by Urkael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
fun to banter with, great depth to your character, and you seemed to refuse being a face in the gank-crowd unlike other Outlanders

i was stoked to finally eat your lunch

(totally agree with your goodbye post fwiw)
136118, Thanks!
Yeah, a moment's hesitation cost me. Good job! :)

Large dog piles on characters are just lame and I generally don't take part. What's the fun in killing someone 4 on 1, you know? Seems like a lot of it goes on because people get bored in the low playerbase/no one to kill scenarios.
136123, I don't think boredom is the cause
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It happened a lot even when there were lots of players. Only differences were that your cabal pit was probably full of gear from other people who'd had the same experience, and a regear was more competitive than it is today.

But I agree it doesn't help the game.
136115, A broken heart.
Posted by Morius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Every time you came by the church I knew that we were going to have a great time, and it was never dull.

When you stopped logging on I was genuinely sad, as Girf was an ongoing favorite with lots of adoring fans.

Having spent most of my time watching you, I'm surprised there wasn't much fun, since most everything seemed fine.

May Papa Girf rest in feasts.

"For one who is gluttonous although he be a king is a slave to gluttony" - Armenian Apocrypha's 'Third Story of Joseph' (M2242)

"They must not know other luxuries and the outlays of a gluttonous life: such indulgence comes home at a mighty cost." - Grattius, Cynegeticon

"He is a rare and notable master of the art of gluttony, and should be hired to teach it." Juvenal, Satire II

"For in the rage for gluttony our own seas have given out" - Juvenal, Satire V
136116, Now I can never marry Bag.
Posted by Father Girg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I could roll a Girf that just lived in the church, I would. :(

I actually really liked Father Girf. He was very amusing to play and easy to immerse myself in when those around me were playing along. That darn feed bag was the light of my life. I would spend time watching Girf interact with Bag, giggling with self-amusement.

You're as good on the immortal front as anyone ever has been. You have a great imagination for the world of Thera.

As may be obvious, I mostly play the game to RP. I don't think there's necessarily less RP than there used to be, but I feel like the standards for the level of not-RPing someone can get away with have definitely changed for the worse.

I would say, "The forums are disgusting with the level of vitriol, accusations and aspersions and that bleeds into gameplay in a very unfun way."

You would say, "You just have to stop going to the forums and play the game. If someone isn't fun to be around, avoid that person."

And I would reply, "I'm just not the kinda guy who can do that."

AND GIRF WOULD SAY!!!

"Me loves you god Morius! Yous is best most smartest gods ever!"

::drops his feed bag::

::nudges it toward you with a casual foot::

::whistles innocently::
136124, Sorry about my post.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Came back to edit and It had been deleted and I figured out what had happened. Forum is too wonkey sometimes.
136122, I really enjoyed Girf from the other side of the fence.
Posted by Ention on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some pretty epic fights, and I am glad to have notched a couple in my staff for you. You were a complete monster if you were accompanied by another. Shaman + quicksand, shaman + condor, Shaman + trip... It was all a royal pain in the ass to deal with.

I also appreciated your attempts to rp (they were always funny eating elf footsies), and sorry if I didn't roll along, but I got my own RP to play out too!