Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ziryn the Legend of the Battlefield, Emperor of Thera
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=136047
136047, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ziryn the Legend of the Battlefield, Emperor of Thera
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 19 14:20:22 2019

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Ziryn perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:248
136084, Memorable Foe
Posted by Ischer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish we had roleplayed our differences more, but I struggle to get that out of my empire foes.

Well done and I enjoyed our fights.

GLWYN
136077, Hurry back!
Posted by Fyliena on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had a lot of fun running around with you, though probably not as much as we might have had. Such is life. I don't blame you one bit. It's rough getting caught in what looks like a down cycle, while all your enemies are in up cycles. Attrition will take care of things I'd wager. Not quite as fun when there aren't lots of enemies to hunt, then you end up three teaming a single evil in the Inn when you all have eight levels on him. *hint hint nudge nudge*
Was fun scuba diving with you and I was really sorry to hear you'd left. I was hoping you'd change your mind and be back, but as I said, I totally get it. Hopefully you'll find something that appeals to you more and we'll get to interact again in the near future. But you were one of the few who I liked and enjoyed hanging out with. You'll be missed until you return, which I hope is soon.
136083, I had fun too!
Posted by Ziryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Between you and Njork were my life enjoyment outside of PK. I didn't mind fighting ganks too much, but boy did they come in. I just was glad to get some free time from that and do a bit of exploring where I couldn't go alone, I had some interesting RP was going to try but, alas I couldn't keep the frustration at bay to get out of my current situation.
136072, I enjoyed running around with you, Esteemed Warmaster!
Posted by Njork on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Albeit, very shortly. Never got a chance to spend much time with you as an Emperor. GLWYN. You know you want to take a break from all that fighting and roll a Herald!
136075, You helped me keep going!
Without any imperials on to really go exploring with, you were that relief I needed to explore a bit!

I had some great fun with you and the interesting things going on with people involved, was fun going about and not spending an 10 minutes to heal up. Thanks for the heals!
136071, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ziryn the Legend of the Battlefield, Emperor of Thera
Posted by Llyion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Class act. Really enjoyed having you as an Emperor and all of our little chats while I was watching over Galadon. Hope to see you around Thera. GLWYN.
136076, Thanks A lot!
I wanted to kill you that time you wanted me :P. While I was dealing with you for the warrant when I followed imperial law perfectly ;). I was considering starting a war with the Spire, though with the rising numbers of outlander, you guys had plenty to deal with :P. I was hoping you'd be more active with trying to apprehend me, but then Ention came in and I knew I needed to get out of dodge lol, then an assassin assassinated me on water... ugh.
136065, Damn those tiny fists!
Posted by Juntio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were tough and awesome! I enjoyed our interactions. Hope to see you around again soon!
136070, You were tough
I know you tried calling Ziryn out a few times on our "battles" that I denied IC, but I remembered those mean flurries! Your build was a bane to mine because I didn't use cursed weapons but I was surprised how much H2H acually hurt you. Those 800hp flurries were sick, thank goodness I had 1200 hp to get away lol!
136063, I expected this to happen when I saw you die that many times.
Posted by Posatalis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I only caught you at the end of your character but from what I saw you were solid. You had me thinking I was going to die every couple seconds during our only fight. The Empire really needs players as it is right now.
136069, Dagger elves with Stsf/flow
Sheesh, I thought I was harder to hit you than others hitting me! You fought me twice though, once with Niekfort which I almost got you, and then at Arkham without my item. Elf dagger specs with flow is just crazy. Conceealed, swiftstrike, and flow damage though I think I had a tactic to counter your flow just didn't get to use too much to thoroughly test it.

136059, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ziryn the Legend of the Battlefield, Emperor of Thera
Posted by Ihjezhed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had a lengthier response. Deleted it. Glad I talked you out of deleting a few weeks ago, the extra few weeks were worth it. Despite your complaint to the contrary, you dodged virtually everything and it took everything I had to stay alive, much less kill you. I have a log of you at the giant and I'm fighting you, thirsted, and I don't land a single melee attack for seven rounds I think. Insane.

Try a villager. Evil villager can be a lot of fun, though you have to put up with fighting fortress. Which, to be honest, is probably a plus in the lower player count these days.

136068, I've done villagers before, evil in particular
I tend to enjoy dark-elves, even though they are squishy. It was kind of weird with melee defense, sometimes I'd just get smacked around, other times it was like nanananabobo, you can't touch me". But when you took a large portion of my health in one hit, and could drum me regularly to half health, it wasn't fun when you'd fight with thirst because then you got haste which meant I couldn't evade as much!

You caught a bunch of my flack, and I apologize for that, but damnit, I didn't have friends to go get cool #### with except for Heralds. Your RP was interesting, my character hated it, like Ziryn literally hated you because he felt you were so arrogant, so cocky, and the "little fella" made me fume lol. That whole "I hate you spiel" It was IC but I know frustration was also leaking through and that's why I needed to pull the plug.

I literally didn't do anything terribly different from the fights you obliterated me, to the fights I won. I didn't prep much like I said before and all I gotta say is f mithril. GJ on Drillmaster and hopefully I can give you something to fight soon enough.
136053, Well that was a ride...
This char, I dealt with a lot of frustration, and I want to apologize to those that this leaked through too.

Overall, I enjoyed Ziryn and the build. I guess other people didn't enjoy it because every villager called bloodthirst on my unprepped ass. Sword/H2h STSF/Soul.

Ziryn was made to be a Morius follower as sphere Pride, but then the exchange of Morius leaving and Gaspare entering happened and I didn't feel right not serving an Imperial God so I did try to pursue Gaspare, but did it a bit late in my frustration of not really having a Divine to serve, and a lot of other frustrations that built up throughout the character's life and I felt like I lost direction. This was my first Emperor ever, and that in itself was an awesome experience, but I was less then 10 deaths away from con death.

A lot of my frustrations were a lot of lonely log ins and facing invokers left and right. Fortress, battle, and outlander seeming to always work together against me was annoying. I did enjoy the company when it was there, except for that one Imperial week lol, that was just nuts and I did try to avoid being a part of the gank squad except to raid and I didn't find it fun coming down in such a crushing force against individuals. But, some of you guys didn't mind doing it to me, though I enjoyed a lot of those fights unless a stupid invoker was involved. FU INVOKERS! No hard feelings though.

Sorry I crapped out kinda early, but I was losing interest and it was becoming more frustrating than it was fun. Go, gather coins, gather preps, fight gangs, use preps, use 200 coins to stay alive, do it again just to get ganged by the next group of enemies from a different mother without a breath between sometimes, that's how my log ins felt. I didn't mind taking chances and some of my best and fun fights came from doing daring things but sometimes it just gets old doing the same thing day in and day out and facing the same stupid odds. Again, if my frustration leaked through to you, I apologize, it's the reason why I threw in the towel because i felt I was getting to an OOC level and needed to pull the plug. I hope most of you enjoyed me, and in the cases I didn't admit to being defeated or see it like that, it was a pride thing that I didn't want to admit ;).

136054, Ouch.
Posted by Ajakirahuut on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Our first battles you really dominated, but in our subsequent fights I adapted and learned how to hold my own against you. Probably because it is really hard to prepare for a fight if you are running from the Fortress bandwagon.

I was waiting for your to mobilize the imperial council and just start cleaning house! Good luck with your next.
136058, Yeah, those first few fights I felt kinda bad about the...
But then you started hitting me with 4-5 demo/oblit drums hurt. I didn't prep much for most fights unless it was like a raid or retrieval but I def knew who I needed to prep for and I knew if we were to keep
fighting, I would have needed to to face them heavy handed drums. You like Ihjezhed with your burst mithril damage just made it difficult to fight and I just didn't always have the preps but wanted to fight.
136205, hey
Posted by saam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Empire was in a good place when I left. I am sorry things didnt do so well with it. In rl I had a situation where a family member from the phillipines was in a bad situation. After samar got wrecked by a typhoon about seven years ago now, her family became homeless. General mcarthur still has alot of homes with no windows just thrown together and no real good from it, but places have electricity and stuff. She though found work but it was in the arab emrites. Her children stayed with her parents, etc etc. As story goes she was finally able to go home, and get her house built.
the people she worked for wouldnt let her go

Push comes to shove I and others went there. Nothing violent had to happen but she is now home.

That had to take precidence over everything. But still im sorry for abandoning all of the empire, and its why until the day I left I was a bit edgy and having issues with stress.

I am home, ive been home about a week but I cant just be gone and maybe my char is still there. But seeing these things... as far as pvp yeah you were always unprepped and I just winced. I am a prep whore so things are different.
But in the other areas I thought you were a great person, and hopefully I was helping gaspare get interested in some people that otherwise would be unknown through the art competitions, poetry and other things, just because normally these people would be unknown.
Hope it helped you on your end too.
Overall, I would say you were fun to have around. Just man.... PREP PREP PREP

im exhausted and I need to go, but I wanted to comment on ya. You were the person I spoke with most in the empire. You became war master, you were part of the contests, and really showed drive and desire to see the empire better. I had 100% support in you. Except of course for position of emperor ive only had like 2 in my life and its been years, but for the rest, 100%. One day I might return to the fields, if I do will see ya then if your there. On one side of the fence or other lol
136206, Glad you are okay
I did prep in fights, but usually i'd prep, they'd run away, I couldn't finish them and wouldn't have preps for awhile because regathering them was a pain and most of the easier preps were already gone. In most fights I bare-minimum prepped. Poppy, maybe stone if I had a good source though sometimes fillet, protection, and flight. I'd do a/s but it was an availability thing too.

Glad you got your situations resolved, sucked that you afk'd in game but life comes first before the fields, even though you were a force.
I thought for a moment when you died to that gank reported in twitter you didn't come back to the char, but realized it was more than that.

Hope to see you back in the fields, loved your char and was some great fun when we could fight.
136051, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ziryn the Legend of the Battlefield, Emperor of Thera
Posted by Rastensol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I grew to have a ton of respect for Ziryn. Great job. Love to hear your thoughts on the character. Feels like parry anything only worked against me and I could never hit you with hurl! Tons of fun fights and once you hit war master and was able to cover your stats so that I couldn’t get your swords out of your hands you were one tough match up for me.
136055, Man did I love our fights and interractions
You were a blast and tough as nails for me as well. That one time on eastern when you came in, hurled at me and I evaded, then came back and hurled again and I parried it, I laughed in the game and IRL I about died! I tried not to prep much, but mostly I didn't unless it was to reraid or raid. I feel like it was a compliment that you villagers had to use bloodthirst on me, but damnit did I hate it at the same time lol. I loved our conversations, and you always made me laugh or smile with your replies because I didn't expect them and they were pretty great responses. Maybe I'll make a mage and really come kick your villager asses lol ;).
136062, I’m the one who told you that
Posted by Rastensol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That it was a compliment people thirsted against you. And for the record I only did when you were ganging me 😁
136050, This upsets me.
Posted by Elithranduil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am very upset.

Ziryn was almost like my best friend. Except not. We had a weird relationship where we hated each other but both (I think) respected each other.. we just couldn't ever actually say as much.

We had some really good fights. Every session when we were both online tended to follow the same pattern. We'd have a couple of early skirmishes where you'd make a miraculous escape after I thought I had you dead to rights. Then (I assume) STSF would charge and I'd get stomped repeatedly.

Either of us killing the other was very rare, especially given how often we actually fought.. but it was always fun and always a challenge.

I was genuinely excited for you when you made Emperor and tried to make that obvious (to the player) in-game without breaking role. I was hoping we would have a long-term rivalry. I guess that wasn't meant to be, but every interaction with you was a good time. Thank you for that.

Looking forward to seeing you around again.
136056, You were great!
Just to start off, stunning charge on an elf with a mithril polearm... is broken! FFS stop hitting me for 400+ damage in one hit then lagging me for two rounds! Once I was able to start getting the first attack on you, it was a different story or at least a more even fight. Once I got a hang of fighting you, I did enjoy it but at first you just destroyed me, also I started using prot align more often lol. I enjoyed our frienemy spats, and I didn't pick up on it too much about the excitement so thank you for clarifying. You were stern to your RP and I enjoyed that about you, and also was glad when you got Marshall too.

You made my life difficult at times too. Like the time I beat two thirsting villagers after my bard and thief died and you come in to deny me looting! I was so sad, Marla has some nice things lol! You always came in giving me trouble with all my enemies about. No matter where my codex was at, when you were awake, you were there and that was annoying, though that was kind of my frustration in a lot of aspects. I didn't get to just fight Fortress or Battle, I typically had to fight Outress or Forttle, or batlander in most retrievals though them EP was great and made for some fun fights when they went my way.

Since I like team evil so much, perhaps I'll have something that we can do bout again with in the future.
136049, had fun against you, no complaints
Posted by Urkael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
keep on lickin them boots
136057, Pfft, in the end I didn't lick boots ;)
Man that Anathema event because you attacked my merc in the early stages of our life was awesome. You were always a tough fight for me and hard to deal with but were fun to fight none the less. You are kinda like me, sometimes you just don't care and just want to fight and go through those crazy odds to get a fight, even so much that you slip and fell on so much ice that you froze to death :P. GLWYN and hope we can clash or smash our enemies.