Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yikaro Zenveliya the Thankful, Elder Prophet of the Light
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=136014
136014, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yikaro Zenveliya the Thankful, Elder Prophet of the Light
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 12 16:01:22 2019

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Yikaro perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:154
136017, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yikaro Zenveliya the Thankful, Elder Prophet of the Light
Posted by TheBluestThumb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a lot of fun, so thanks to everyone. I decided to play a healer to sort of get away from the gear and pk-oriented warriors I usually play.

Sure, Yikaro acquired gear, but I tried to make him not overly gear focused and instead focus on gearing others if possible, as well as ranking and raiding/defending. I wanted to be super long lived and leave a legacy as one of 'those' healers that upset the pendulum for a long time.

Unfortunately, holy god did I get bored. When there was stuff to do? Awesome. When there wasn't? Not awesome. During my break I was theorycrafting builds and even when I logged back on after my hiatus I just lost my mojo. I couldn't seem to get it back when I went to talk to Ishuli so I decided that I'd pull trigger at the next opportunity.

Big shout out to Gaspare. I know that given how important Melianna is to your own role my goals were probably impossible, but thank you for the interactions and entertaining them at the very least. Also that last chat? If I didn't want to play a different character I would have inducted none and just gone for it. See what happens. It was so, so tempting. And your interactions were absolutely amazing. I don't have words to describe how cool you are.

Also big shout out to Rastensol for buying into my ideas and running with them. Miss you buddy.
136019, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yikaro Zenveliya the Thankful, Elder Prophet of the Light
Posted by Rastensol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I could tell by a few comments you made to me that you were bored as hell with the healer so at least we got to have fun with some things. Yikaro is absolutely one of my favorite characters that I’ve run across and it’s too bad we didn’t get to go further with our plans. Huge thanks to you for being around when I did the induct none thing and offering support. In that you played the Fort healer perfectly if you ask me.

Hopefully I’ll be running into you again with whatever you cook up next.
136015, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yikaro Zenveliya the Thankful, Elder Prophet of the Light
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you a lot, but I know healers can be hard to keep interesting, especially after an absence.

I will say I thought one thing was kind of funny, and not in an insulting way:

Yikaro says to you 'I'm not going anywhere yet. Don't worry.'
*You word off and go do stuff*
You say 'I never worry about that.'
*Shortly thereafter you delete*

I sort of felt it coming, but I was still hoping you'd keep at it. I really liked Yikaro as a character, and our conversations were as great as your writing. Hopefully you can find a class that keeps you feeling more engaged!

-Ish
136016, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yikaro Zenveliya the Thankful, Elder Prophet of the Light
Posted by TheBluestThumb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah I recognized the humor in that as I made my decision to delete. :P

Thanks for the fun, I really enjoyed our interactions. I'm not sure what exactly I was supposed to do to earn tattoo besides stick it out longer? That was one of the only other goals Yikaro had.
136033, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yikaro Zenveliya the Thankful, Elder Prophet of the Light
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were ridiculously close to it. We talked about some minor little edits and tiny additions to your piece as was.

Any edit to that degree would have nudged me there, given I was a Yikaro-fan!

-Ish