Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tebor the Force of Nature
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=135950
135950, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tebor the Force of Nature
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jan 7 04:22:25 2019

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Tebor perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:289
135975, A couple things
Posted by Daphedee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) I wish you wouldn't log dump with an active character. It made it super easy for me to figure who you were and probably the same for others. Nothing wrong with waiting until the character is dead.

2) I'm most disappointed that you bailed on Gillador (especially given the state of Scarab cabal) saying that work picked up and baby on the way, then immediately turned around and rolled/sunk all your time into this character. It made me (and probably all Scarab applicants) a sad panda.
135978, A quick thought on the no posting until death.
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but that seems an unfair thing to ask of the players.

I'm very well aware of the problems with posting when not yet dead, but the log board keeps people interested in this game, and slightly engaged. I would wager an active log board has brought back a few people who would not have otherwise.

It's one of those double edged swords. It has it's negatives and positives, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

Lastly, most of us can't pick out players based on logs. The only people I'm able to recognize are funnyone and Beront, and that's because they are just over the top obvious.

Just a few counter opinions that I wanted to share, because the log board is a good good place that many of us enjoy immensely.
135982, I think his point was
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That only quas posts large numbers of logs as a live character. So you can tell who quas is playing. You see the logs stop from one live character, and start from another.

That's true.

Only reason I've not mentioned it as an issue on qhcf is those are about the only logs that got posted. But it is a massive giveaway.

135983, Do you ever have anything positive to say about a char ...
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You sure like to complain don't you?

I invite you to browse the past 10 battlefield pages and see if you said anything positive at all.

Spoiler: no

1) Quas is easy to recognize anyway. Logs are good.

2) Holy ####, the guy's having a ####ing newborn, he can get dodgy about his commitments to a text-game. Maybe he overreacted and realized it later? It's kind of a stressful event.

I'm just thinking: maybe you should be *glad* a player of a high enough caliber to be desired as a Scarab leader still found time to play and wants to?
135985, Have you chosen a flaw yet?
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
to be considered Daphedee's follower?
135987, CF isn't always a hugfest.
Posted by Daphedee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Plenty of people gloss over #### on death threads, and I'm just not gonna be one of those.

I didn't say anything bad about Tebor. I just offered a suggestion and one noted disappointment. Just because you don't find it useful doesn't mean he won't. Improvement comes with taking feedback and applying it constructively.
135988, RE: Do you ever have anything positive to say about a char ...
Posted by Rogos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Death Threads shouldn't be all sunshine and rainbows. If someone wants to point out negative aspects to help you improve in the future, why the hell not?

I'm sure we've all seen the generic GREAT JOB threads and thought, this guy wasn't really anything special... How are players supposed to know and improve if you don't give them accurate feedback?
135955, Tebor was fun. Thanks for the good times.
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I felt you carried yourself well. Perhaps a bit murdery for a druid, but whatever. When Amora does it, everyone ooh's and aah's. Anyways. GLWYN and I'll see you in the fields.
135953, Oooooo Tebor
Posted by Rogos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a long-lived and successful pk character, for that congratulations. I thought you were aggressive and certainly got druids down pat as well. Well done.

Now, on the other hand I certainly wish you hadn't abandoned any semblance of RP as you clearly lost interest in the character. Early on, Tebor spoke with meaning and consistency on cb and with other characters. This degraded harshly as middle-age and I suspect boredom began to kick in. Near the end, it was clear you didn't give a damn regardless about RP or the character and that's a shame.

My only other thought and perhaps to echo this to other sentinels is that -- Sentinels place a value on life whereas a reaver does not. To murder someone not inherently an enemy of thar-eris is a true waste. It is unavoidable at times given the task of killing paladins etc. But I thought there were a few times where you probably over-reached on that.

Good luck with the little one!
135969, RE: Oooooo Tebor
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback, as for the RP I wasn't aware I had changed at all, I was obviously really frustrated with the whole being asked not to PK for nearly 2 weeks thing and that bled through but I will have to reflect on the rest of it.

As for the point about sentinels you might want to start adding that to the cabal in some form (interaction or cabal artifacts). It might be time to update the design of the cabal and I think simply removing sentinels would be the way to go as their place is just odd. They should be a balance but they make up 90% of the cabal. The only real differentiation between the branches are evils hunt everything that moves, neutrals hunt things on the bark, goods hunt things on the bark minus goodies.

I say scrap sentinels and let neutrals pick warden or reaver and the resulting push and pull between those branches could be far more interesting.
135986, A quick hint
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you don't like imm's request - don't fulfill it. Who the hell cares, it's your fun and not theirs?
135951, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tebor the Force of Nature
Posted by Ergush on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn! Double Damn!

I really enjoyed Tebor. A lot of good interactions and you were quite a force to be reckoned with. I did wish that your week and a half of no killing would have caused you to be less bloodthirsty, but from what I gathered, you kind of went right back to it.The entire task was meant to teach you to specifically learn to pick and choose the right times to be more or less aggressive.

I felt like Tebor was a great character who interacted with the entire MUD in one way or another.

Thanks for being a great follower and an awesome character. Good Luck with the new born and we hope to see you back sometime in the future!
135970, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tebor the Force of Nature
Thanks for the feedback. I realize you kept thinking of Tebor as blood thirsty (and apparently other imms based on the dream sequence) but I am honestly baffled by that.

I don't feel tebor was any more interested/dedicated to hunting the enemies of the cabal than other sentinels, he was just more effective and more willing to take risks. In fact I spent more active time trying to talk to people to avoid killing them than I wager any other outlander during my life time. I had a hand in ranking nearly the entire cabal and I about fully equipped half of it.

You also gave me the feedback that you were told I was hunting non enemies. Battling this perception was a real frustration of the character. I did not hunt non enemies. Did they end up in fights with me and die? Sure, but I did not go out looking for them. Early in the character my rule of thumb was if a non enemy attacks me, they are an enemy for 20 minutes. Later I changed that to 2 minutes and I stopped attacking people who simply were with enemies (even though that is totally ok for everyone but me I had to not do it because people see an effective druid and immediately assume it is a murder all)
135971, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tebor the Force of Nature
Posted by An enemy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would like to second this. Tebor always asked if my non-explicit enemy(Fortress) would help his target before attacking. It never seemed excessive to me. My blatent enemy(Empire) obviously got no such question, but it never seemed excessive to me either. I also got more rp in the latter case than from any other Outlander by a massive margin (that's not knocking anyone, just a counter point to that it was all murder murder murder).

Great char, enjoyed all the interactions and fights.
135972, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tebor the Force of Nature
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I definitely think Tebor was "bloodthirsty" if we just mean "heavily interested in PKing". But that isn't a bad thing, and it doesn't bother me. I mean it's a PK MUD. Tebor wasn't an rp-less evil murder druid or anything. You just pked, and did so more efficiently than most.

I didn't think you were particularly "bad murderdruid" tier or anything like that. I mean you were a druid and you murdered people, but you had clear enemies: You killed about the same amount of Fortress as Empire, and your number of paladin-kills almost match that exact number. So it's clear you were at least focused on cabal-enemy types more than anything.

I can't speak specifically to your minute-rule consistency, I never thought to watch that, but I never thought "Wow this is a murder all druid" at any point.

Hopefully that eases some of your baffled frustration :).

-Ish
135973, My impression
As a player my impression was that I was about to get turned evil after the dream sequences and discussions with Ergush (which would have made the character unplayable and in my opinion did not reflect the characters alignment).

Was I totally off the mark with that?
135974, Haha, thanks saying why you really deleted. nt
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you goofball
135977, Nope
Posted by Rahsael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never heard anyone talk about that, and I probably would have. Some people did joke about you being super bloodthirsty, and we heard a lot of chatter about you camping Fort. We considered giving you a title indicating your bloodiness, and I'm vaguely aware of some no-PKing quest Ergush gave you. But I don't think anyone wanted to turn Tebor evil or anything for the reasons Ish stated.

Also, side note, I really enjoyed Tebor's take on Rahs. It made for some fun times for several characters. Great job, and good luck with your next.