Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Solraen Do'tlar the Risen Phoenix of Obscurities, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=135890
135890, (DELETED) [None] Solraen Do'tlar the Risen Phoenix of Obscurities, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jan 1 22:19:36 2019

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Solraen perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:668
136046, I really enjoyed Solraen over so many...
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Serris, Acra and others I cannot mention, but I'm sure you know them anyway. Late night/morning Eastern time I saw you a lot and always loved seeing and talking to Solraen. You were always devilishly flirty, but had enough class that it was perfect.

You once lost a friend over a trinket and gained one with the same. I enjoyed it both times.

You were a real boon to CF. GLWYN!
135995, Totally magnificent
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Are you the same guy who played Illaeth? Or Gaspare? (blink twice if yes)

I think what I admired the most about Solraen, as well as those other two, was that they were capable of layered complexity but at the end of the day were following a super simple but immensely difficult formula of total immersion in a consistently upheld role. The game knowledge is not insignificant either. :P

Props, I wish I could do it as well as you. Hope you have another coming.
136008, RE: Totally magnificent
Posted by Sol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I’ll blink twice for Illaeth but I’m afraid you’ve missed the boat on Gaspare. The anathema might have helped me dodge the “Drissa bullet” as far as I’m concerned and congratulations on that beast. Thanks for reaching out with Drissa and sharing your character with me, as things started to slow down for Sol it was characters and moments like this that kept my interest and desire to play alive.

Sol
135993, to Emnon
Posted by ExExplorer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Since you plagued herald event your character assassination skill greatly improved

way to go
135994, I don't think so
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
CF is a MUD where immortals act like emotionally distressed people who stir conflicts by design.

Easy in easy out is Empire's way of life.

The initial boot was kinda grey, but:
1) If Solraen didn't promote chickenlord immediately after Emnon demoted him, he wouldn't have been demoted;
2) If Solraen didn't mock Emnon immediately after hilariously becoming a Dread Lord, he wouldn't have got anathema.
3) Emnon let him back
4) Solraen ####ed with Emnon like 15 hours after being let back in.

What does Emperor do if a citizen defies him?
Well Dark Lord of the Empire is a position of more power and respect.

We THINK that what happened to Sol was unfair because he was almost universally loved. But from the RP point of view you don't #### with Emnon as Imperial. Ever.

Name a character who defied Emnon as Imperial and stayed in Empire. There are none.

So the only thing Emnon is guilty of is not letting it slip because the person in question was a great player. Which makes me sad for Sol, but let's be fair here. A grand RPer like Sol could not have not seen it coming unless he was drunk.

<3 Sol
<3 Emnon
Bring edges back
Bring Hell back
Unban Matrik!
135992, To avoid PBF double payment.
Posted by scr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done, man, this was amazing char.

Let's see this beauty.
136007, RE: To avoid PBF double payment.

Thanks for your generosity in buying the PBF, I haven’t bought one before but reading these comments brought back a tonne of memories that I might have otherwise forgotten and I’m grateful for that. Hope your still out there kicking ass and having fun. The more the merrier right?

Sol
135967, The best character ever
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even better than Gaspare and Caecilius, which I am surprised anyone could manage to achieve.
136006, RE: The best character ever

Man, seeing how highly you’ve spoken of those two in the past makes this such an enormous compliment. Thanks, I appreciate the love and feedback, hopefully things go well for us both and we’ll both get back in the fields for 2019! Good luck.

Sol
135932, Thank you (n/t)
Posted by Dihhadea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
136005, RE: Thank you (n/t)

Dihhadea!

I should totally be thanking you, not the other way around. You were instrumental and so eager to explore pretty much anything or help with pretty much anything and as a player I really appreciated that. Sol was designed with the thought of Citizens in mind, he tried to make Empire a good place for non sect members and I hope this showed through in my actions towards you. Sol loved you and found you even more curious after that adams apple disaster. We’ve all done it!

Thanks again, truly.

Sol
135908, RE: (DELETED) [None] Solraen Do'tlar the Risen Phoenix of Obscurities, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Ilyana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Interacted with you across two Tribbies and goodness you were amazing! Stellar RP and incredible game knowledge all wrapped in a luscious Solraen-sized package - bravo truly :-)

And like our Lady, I too was hoping hard you'd join Tribby after that second anathema!
136004, RE: (DELETED) [None] Solraen Do'tlar the Risen Phoenix of Obscurities, Anathema to the Empire

Provost, you were fantastic. I appreciate you reaching out to me and sharing your character with me. The way you conduct yourself as a Magistrate, Provost and Paladin with the conflict of evil and the Paladin’s Code lead to some pretty interesting interactions. Approaching Sol when he was untethered to the Empire was great and I enjoyed the few talks we did get to have. I think you were there when the final verdict came towards the end and your words of encouragement were kind but unfortunately Sol was getting old and weary. Good luck with your current project, I hope your keeping your head above the “mountains of paperwork”

Sol
135897, RE: (DELETED) [None] Solraen Do'tlar the Risen Phoenix of Obscurities, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Huge Solraen fan in general, as your personality was super strong and in your face 24/7. I even had fun with our conflict, since your personality just kept shining despite me being a grump to you.

My only complaint.... WHY DO OUR TIMES MATCH UP SO BADLY!?!?!?!

-Ish

PS. I fully admit to having super secret hopes you would join Trib. You know, because reasons.
136003, RE: (DELETED) [None] Solraen Do'tlar the Risen Phoenix of Obscurities, Anathema to the Empire

Ishuli, the Fiesty Muse.

Yeah, our times were simply horrid. When I was coming up with the concept of Solraen I had seen you online regularly in my evenings and was even lucky enough to have a few interactions with non followers that I found simply outstanding and thought I might give it a go. Sorry to resort to emails constantly, it was a bit of a desperate measure to try and find you and keep you updated in what was happening in the saga of Solraen Do’tlar. I’m sorry I never ran that event, it was actually something I was really excited for but seemed to get lost as I waded through the whole redemption process. I’m still completely shocked the diorama didn’t make you melt and beg me for forgiveness, that thing was amazing. The second anathema took it out of me in the end and I know that in a few months when I’m looking back on this I’ll regret not going out with a proper celebration. Thanks for being a grump and personifying “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!” and thank you for the eventual forgiveness and re-empowerment.

Thanks again

Sol

P.S I had thought the works were all completed, is there anything that needs changing before they are published? Happy to email you them through if there is anything that needs to be done.
135896, Well done
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having played Jhelruk and Varric, it certainly was a number of highs and lows.
- Jhelruk (A High) getting back into Empire only for you to be made Anathema a couple weeks later (A Low)
- Then as Varric you got back in and I thought all my Christmas's had come at once. And then you did a total Jhelruk and got Anathema once more.

The quality of your roleplay and emotes were top notch. It was a pleasure being on the same side while it lasted.

GLWYN
136002, RE: Well done

Loved Jhelruk!

I remember them both, congratulations on two super long lived characters yourself. My goal was to aged die SOMETHING, I tried with my last serious empowerment character and tried with this one but ran out of steam. Perhaps I’ll try arial? Having read your logs on QHCF this holidays I can see why whenever I saw Jhelruk we were in a perpetual state of regathering armours for you. It’s an attitude that brings life to CF and it’s fantastic. Getting Jhelruk back into Empire was cool, a definite highlight for me too and becoming a personal guard was pretty cool, as I’m sure the conflict that followed was too. Thanks again, I hope your still around with another Jarmel Warrior* making things interesting for everyone.

Sol
136009, * Jarmel Warrior being a trademarked term of Kstatida.

Sorry for the unapproved use.
135895, Damn
Posted by Ehlonyra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very big fan of Solraen and others I'm pretty sure you played. You're characters are interesting and tend to raise the level of those around them, both in game play and roleplay from my experience. And god knows I need to get/be better at both. You're frighteningly knowledgeable, and I got to see stuff I as a player never got to see running around with you. Learned a lot, but primarily enjoyed your company and hopefully made things a little more fun for you too.Goo
Good luck with your next!
136001, RE: Damn

Thank you for your kind words! I loved the character development we shared as Solraen tried to earn your trust over our growing years until the point we became such good friends. You inspired some brutal one liners that I sometimes felt uncomfortable about OOC, but what can you do? Solraen was just that lusty. Looking for a good “fiddle” in the “empress’ box” comes to mind. That was just plain distasteful. Thanks for laughing along and being a bad influence for poor humour. I hope your still kicking around, it’s a game and your attitude towards helping people was contagious.

Sol
135894, Best healer ever. Well played Solraen (nt)
Posted by Igos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
136000, RE: Best healer ever. Well played Solraen (nt)

Thank you, we had an absolute blast together. It will go down as some of the most intense PvE that I think I've ever partaken in. Your attitude and willingness to give it all a go was inspirational and it only proves that even without the huge player base, some of the monsters are still possible to bring down using tenacity and tactics. Thank you for your willingness to teach and to share your knowledge with others, I hope your still out there playing and kicking ass.

Flurry FTW!

Sol