Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Urkael the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=135881
135881, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Urkael the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Dec 31 11:15:24 2018

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Urkael perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:108
135912, tried to write a goodbye
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but it'd be too long to make points that probably don't matter

y'all have fun but i'm outta here
135913, RE: tried to write a goodbye
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked your gift submission, as did the recipient.

Nice job!

-Ish
135920, thanks
and thanks for running it. i butted heads with you before but well done on admin, events, and presence. i said my apologies and you and others were thumbsup in return

selfishly, i was wanting to place and earn a reward from either the event or the role contest. never really won anything. i would have deleted the week prior but gave it a shot

cheers
135922, RE: thanks
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of the best gifts, def in the top range. I just gave out some standard (but emphatic) love to those who did well. Yourself included.

I don't have da powah to do anything beyond that, and I already had someone else saying I was giving too much love as was.

Either way, you did earn a/the reward matched up with the best o' the best! Your gift was a really cool choice based on the symbol relating to the religion, the nature of the lantern you picked, AND then tying it to baron paths? Clever stuff!

Thumbsup!

-Ish
135925, cool
yuletide was a great idea for an event, bummer that the players kind of let you and each other down. i enjoyed it

the immexp i got, while way cool, didn't open up any new edges, by the way. so whoever thinks it was too much love is a weirdo and probably gives tootsie rolls out at halloween
135927, imm exp isn't worth any noticeable amount of edgepoints
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
at least as far as I could tell, and Drissa hit every landmark for imm exp laid out in help edgepoint specifics

of course someone with knowledge of the code could correct me but my guess is it's like 1 EP for each tier, just based on what I saw
135914, Did any points relate to edge points?
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's one thing that discourages me from looking harder to find a way to play again.

I'd be all for giving everyone more edge points (automatic every 10 levels) so that new and old players alike can try a significant number of edges with each character, and risk trying out some of the less popular ones. To me, that's far superior than making newbs learn about edges at a glacial rate, and limiting build options.
135919, no. chumps like you
discouraged me from playing. CF isn't fun when it's a bunch of risk averse, 2v1s or worse. CF used to be more like an arcade game. now it's ####less wonders

so congrats on getting better at ganging? what a weird goal to set
135930, You are mistaking me for someone else
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because I gang less than any other player I can think of.

Look up tsalantha's pbf if you don't believe me. And bear in mind that the few non solo kills included people waking their allies by hitting them.

Since tsalantha I've only played the druid (Chamst) that went up against igos solo repeatedly, even knowing it was odds against me.

Who did you think I was? Starbright or quas?

I would never set myself a goal of being better at ganging because it's not something I see as a positive.

I too was put off by the idea that someone would want to learn to gank better. It's not like we haven't all seen a gazillion logs that show how to gank.
135931, sorry, yes.
starbright. which was a surprise. i know both of you tend to be solo guys hence the mix up
135915, RE: tried to write a goodbye
Posted by Rastensol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's too bad. I would liked to have heard your parting thoughts.

I liked your character a lot. We didn't get to fight together too much but bantering with you was fun. I loved the soup cook angle and wish I would have hit on that more with you from an RP perspective as it fit a bit with Rast's role.
135918, role
Rastensol was great, one of the few characters with dimension. Ihje the same. felt like i was interacting with characters and not simply players

some inspiration lifted from Eminem's 'Lucky You' track

Pinch of salt. Stir. A few unidentifiable bones, marrow and meat intact. Bindeleaf. Snot rocket. Chortle, more stirring.

The duergar glared with contempt. His white chef hat kept falling low upon his brow with every tilt of his head followed by a stream of curses.

He turned back to his chop block, a ridiculously oversized cleaver in hand as he broke down the meat and bones.

“Beef stew!!” He roared with laughter as he prodded the obvious minotaur carcass. “Dem little maggots ain’t e’er gonna know!”

“CHEF!!” Someone yelled from afar. Muttering vile profanity, his rage heightened, the duergar wheeled his cart of stew and bread from the Tower of Sorcery’s kitchen up to the fourth floor.

“Maggots an’ ####snakes…” he grumbled aloud.

Promotion Day at the Tower and only a handful were to advance to become initiates of their magic. A feast was ordered none the less, the eighteenth hour, sharp.

The duergar had been up all night, grinding, grueling, to meet the expectations thrust upon him. Fortunately for the chef, a kid had gone missing in the late hour, a runaway. Slathered and slow-cooked ribs were on the menu.

Snarling, his contempt barely hidden, he set the course before the seated students, their professor at the head of the table.

He heard the little maggots complaints. The cook reeks. The meat is gristle, gross. Unhealthy. Nauseating. This is the worst celebration ever.

Each comment boiled the blood of the duergar. The ungrateful little bastards. Arrogant maggots, always looking down on him. Face twisted in a snarl, enough was enough, and his rage spilled over.

“I ain’t got that much to lose’, he scouted out loud. “Y’all been eatin’ long enough, be my turn t’cut th’food!” Spittle flying out of his mouth, he grabbed the table and flipped it over. Distracted and caught off guard, the mages stood around and gawked.

In the confusion, the chef grabbed his butcher knife and went to work, hacking and cleaving. “IT’S MY TURN TO CUT THE FOOD!” he cackled. “PASS M’PLATE!! Where’s my drink? This my day and ferget y’too!”

He ravaged them in brutal strokes, working his way in and out of the debris to hack the occupants in frightening glee.

Rage sated, the chef hurriedly left out the Tower and through the shadowed woods.
135924, Had some fun interactions with you
Posted by Ziryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And ffs you hit like a truck for whatever reason. Sucks that most villagers now of days call blood like popping a mint, otherwise I imagine ganking wouldn't be so prevalent on them, but we all get ganked, cause it seems like the only way to really land a kill anymore because lag seems less reliable the lower someone's HP is.
135926, you played through some rough odds for a while
nothing negative to say about Ziryn, i enjoyed the action and banter

now get back to lickin boots
135882, Bah humbug!
Posted by Ihjezhed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved every one of our interactions and was totally looking forward to a couple months of fun with us in the cabal. Really sad to see this. So... you are dead to me.

Roll another rager right now!
135921, likewise
way to play and make CF fun. old school big fart like Thinhallen or Tobeldest. : )

ale, the cause of and solution to all life's problems