Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Karvesh Nvheshk the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Provost Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=135307
135307, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Karvesh Nvheshk the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Oct 12 22:47:49 2018

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Karvesh perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:208
135317, Goodbyes
Posted by JohnEveryMan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There were a lot of characters I crossed paths with over the course of Karvesh's life, apologies if I miss anyone. In no particular order.

*TRIB*

Esfig - Esfig was the focal point of a major shift in RP for Karvesh.
The fact that an evil frost giant was kind and brotherly made him
rethink how he viewed evil and morality in general. I say you don't
really have to have a well thought out role or explicit point to a
character to make an impact on the characters and story around you
and Esfig was the epitome of that.

Jeremiacia - I liked you as both Karvesh and Rederic, I have no idea
how you manage to play from a phone. It didn't show much, just thought
at times maybe you were ESL lol.

Luciaquous - Never really talked or say you much, never did find that
secret passage either.

Ilyana - You seemed really new to Tribunal when you started, and I can't really say I've been around enough to know how much you've improved but you were a sure pick for Provincial just for the sake
of you playing and RPing so much and generally being interesting to
talk to. Definitely one of my favorites, ironically your extremely
diplomatic nature pretty much killed the only interesting thing that
was going on later in life REEEEE:Empire, but from a Trib perspective
that was for the best. I think you're on track for anything you want
out the game.

Sqierna - Competent, knows everything, generally faultless reasoning.
I still don't get evils who go around tickling people but more power
to you. Picked for Provincial for balance and knowing more about the
law than me.

Screlpth - You've been around for about as long as I was, maybe longer, never really talked until last time so not much to add.
Feel comfortable leaving Trib with you and the other two. GL.

*FORT*

Drissa - Got a lot of Ilvakihj vibes from you early on, thankfully
you turned out not to be as much of an ass as Jerrokrar. You were
another significant character in Karvesh's early development and
in no small part that he felt manipulated by you, ordered around
on the basis of alignment. All good, enjoyed sniping some assists.

Merelith - All around good character, you're RP was keen and you
were mostly just a good friend to Karvesh, could always rely on you.

Gaelilga - Said my piece in your thread. Really good character and
happy to see how far you've come over the years, keep up the good work.

Princess Keishareek - I didn't imagine when rolling Karvesh that I would be facilitating a transgendered arial's existence, but it lead
to many lulz. Sad you didn't stick around longer.

*OUTLANDER*

I didn't like any of you.

Except Ischer, Ischer is cool af.

*BATTLE*

Oliopterix - Bestest PK bud, of course I don't think working together
ever actually benefitted either of us in the long run, and I walked
into more of your traps than the people they were intended for. You continue to do a great job at what you do and were always fun to hang around.

Thirisg - You were mostly just there. I enjoyed our scraps, and the few talks we had,

The rest of Battle of cool throughout my time.

*SCARAB*

Gillador - Great enemy, only enemy who was consistently around and
willing to fight even when the odds were against you. Your absence
being another reason I lost interest in the game, so shame on you
and your damned spawn.

*EMPIRE*

You all just kind of blend together, Kadavarn and Vivech(SP?) were
the only interesting ones I encountered, too bad about them.

*Honorable mention*

Bahloog - Similarly to Esfig one of the single most important
people in the development of my role, the nature of your being
along led to many questions and general confusion on Karvesh's
part as to what "Good" was. Seemed new to PK, and for the best
you were always willing to fight. Good on ya, GLWYN.

*Immortals*

Ishuli - Always a pleasure to talk to, forgive my Leader newbieness
but like I said, first time. I don't really play empowerment or
religious characters but if I ever do you're top of the list.

Emnon - Enjoyed the plague interaction with Merelith and Myself.

Whiysdan - Thanks for the RC win, didn't really expect, and was
pleasantly surprised. Can chalk that one off my list. The rewards
were extremely useful.

For anyone interested My RC rewards were Kuma Buki (Already took Sensei) and Increased Stipend which basically meant I never had to
farm gold ever again.

135332, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Ischer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I like that your take on tribunal was different than others.
I had hoped to have that debate with you but alas it never happened.
Good job.

GLWYN
135339, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Karvesh. When goodies have a somewhat alternate view of goodie-ness, particularly when they come across sort of gruff, I tend to enjoy it. Being goodie, I was actually excited about your being Provost since there hasn't be a goodie one in... A while? I was curious how you'd handle it, particularly given the amount of absolutely inane administrative stuff Provosts have to deal with, but you did swell.

I can understand Trib goodie being boring. Goodie already restricts you, Tribunal restricts you more, AND THEN Provost restricts you even more. You basically have to login and be constantly aware of everything you can't do, bwahaha. Tie in that you're an assassin, and you really miss out on most assassinate usages ;__;.

Provost is also sort of unique as a leader since they end up with way more paperwork than other leader spots have. Sooooo much. And you're basically the person to point at when anything goes wrong. So that can be kinda tedious.

Fun character though, and that seemed to be the consensus. When it was time to pick a Provost, everyone who contributed an opinion basically pointed at you.

Thanks for the fun!

-Ish
135481, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Ilyana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really liked your RP, that bit about 'marking' the Spire with your musk was both inspired and hilarious. Enjoyed reading your RC winning role entries on Premium Battlefield too, and sorry you decided to leave when you did. Re "You seemed really new to Tribunal when you started", I'm relieved it seemed so as that was an RP goal, haha! :-) Re "Definitely one of my favorites, ironically your extremely diplomatic nature pretty much killed the only interesting thing that was going on later in life REEEEE:Empire", (1) Karvesh was definitely one of my favorite contemporary chars too; and (2) Ilya the char was wringing her hands when Karvesh started railing against Empire, but her player was really enjoying the challenge of trying to keep the peace nevertheless. I'm sorry that inadvertently affected your fun though :-( Is sad I ended up dampening your fun when you played such a big part in making Tribunal fun for me and others... Come back soon, ok? The Spire still needs you!
135495, I only meant that half seriously
The loss of interest was me painting myself into a corner more than anything :)
135316, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Karvesh Nvheshk the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Llyion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't get to interact with you much, but you were the one who inducted me so I thought I would drop a line. Though our interactions were brief I enjoyed them. Hopefully your next make won't be something that you get bored with. Peace out K.

GLWYN

-TCB
135318, Thanks
I did too. When you got to hero I was hanging out with Oli a lot
and (failing) to kill people without the moral/political conflicts
of involving another Goodie Trib.

On the issue of boredom, Tribunal is just a really boring cabal
with lots of boring restrictions on how you can conduct yourself.
135313, Ralmer 2.0 is dead.
I've played on and off, mostly off, since late 2007 wherein I was 11 and had barely any grasp
of what CF was or how anything worked. Obviously I've improved over time. I picked CF back up
earlier this year (Say June-ish) with Rederic with what I thought was
a great role, only to remember that, oh, I have to learn to prep, oh I have to spend half my login looking for preps, oh I got all
the preps and still died because my build isn't good. Karvesh was supposed to be a low-key alt to
chill out after getting curbstomped. I wrote a silly role that
I was expecting to get 500immexp for but that was fun for me personally, imagine my surprise at winning the RC.

First RC win, First leader, First character that became a chore to play. Felar assassin with Kuma Buki AND
Sensei Buki is pretty sturdy, even over standard Felar Ass. That said it's not really much fun having your main
ability to fight people be on effectively a 4 minute timer, about 90% of people I ever fought just flee, quaff or run around until trance fell, not that I can blame them, it's just gay.

I'll write goodbyes later when I have some time, suffice it to say I'm never going to roll assassin again,
I just really don't have time or desire to, and I think I'm done playing the game for the foreseeable future.
135310, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Karvesh Nvheshk the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Dhaude on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would love to know how you stayed in Tribunal, let alone as Provost, considering all the crimes you committed and Tribunal CoC you broke. Especially considering the recent example of a tribunal who was booted for far less.
135311, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Karvesh Nvheshk the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Provost Magistrate
Because it's a game and I wasn't as annoying and offensive as you were/obviously continue to be?
135309, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Karvesh Nvheshk the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Screlpth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Should of stuck it out...Come to realize that its better to just step down and idle a character then just delete them cause yer bored...
135312, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Karvesh Nvheshk the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Provost Magistrate
You might be right, but then again I won the RC, made Provost, everyone I liked playing against already deleted, not much else I wanted to do.

I liked Screlpth. Rarely ever saw much of you but Ishuli alluded to the
fact that you and I play almost perfectly opposite times for most of Karvesh's life.

Of the three major candidates for Provost after Luci aged Fhienle was first, untimely delete on his part. I was second, presumably because I was active a lot and had some kind of presence/infamy? And you were third because, I'm not actually sure why you were behind me lol.

But hey the spots' open if you want it.