Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [SCARAB] Gillador Redfeather the Brazen Sword of the Temple, Voice of the Scarab
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=135236
135236, (RAGE DELETE) [SCARAB] Gillador Redfeather the Brazen Sword of the Temple, Voice of the Scarab
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Sep 30 03:43:39 2018

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Gillador perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:315
135274, Is Gillador's PBF redacted?
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have yet to roll a scarab.. but dearly want to. I learn alot from the roles of how I might approach the cabal, and I feel cheated there is no role entries!
135275, No bug or redaction
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Create be writing is not my thing so I had no role entries.
135279, Are you kidding me?!
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would not have thought you could get into scarab, let alone make leadership without one...... Your RP must have bled through like a a hemophiliac on coumadin.

That said, I never saw it as a late to the game enemy of yours.
135281, Actions speak louder than words
The only thing a role is good for is getting a tat, priest crap, and role contests.

Getting into a cabal and getting leadership slots come down to how you handle yourself in game. With the extra caveat that if you are interesting, people will pay attention to you more(for better or worse).
135286, This
Posted by Rahsael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I require roles for Rahsael's religion, but that's really out of necessity because working through the religion as I've structured it requires me to know all about your character.

For everything else, if I had a choice between rewarding:

A) a character with a role that made me weep, but who was boring AF to watch or talk to

or

B) a role-less character who really seems "alive" and mixes stuff up

I'd choose B every time. It's just better for the game. Gillador was solidly in this category.
135288, Put another way
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You actually reward rp instead of story writing.

Which is great.

It used to about me no end when people for more rewards for writing good roles that they largely didn't to, than others for for rp'ing roles they largely didn't write.

Sometimes a written role helps an imm to understand your rp though.
135239, What a ride
After playing a storm mariner for a few months I really wanted to do something that could engage in fights anywhere with anyone. I also thought it had been a while since I had seen a good ol fashion arial sword spec and thus Gillador was born. I wanted a challenge so I went scarab.

I have played scarab a few times and I think I was a lot closer to getting it this time around from a religion stand point. Thanks for tanking a chance on me. For the many applicants, I know what I asked for was rough but there was a lot more demand for spots than supply of space in the cabal. Some of you were rather creative and it was cool to get some different impressions of the scarab cabal dogma.

Allies

Undaraxyl: It was nice having someone to work with from time to time and you really role played through emotes better than many did with words. You left that wraithform down a lot when we had multiple hiding tripping enemies roaming around.

Fugmada: I felt so bad for the village when we teamed up. I love orcs. Also thanks for our little attempts to explore Hell.

Gilversplitz: You have a distinct personality that really was enjoyable to interact with. Plus the occasional raking of imperials I was fighting was very nice.

Not Allies

Drissa: You were the yin to gilladors yang and a big focus of much of his life was surpassing you. Enjoyed the fights and the banter and glad I at least got you once, even if it was a gank. I saved up edge points so long to get speed flurry and didn't get to use it on you.

Aurew: Lots of interactions, lots of trying to retrieve with a crazy snake trying to swallow me whole. Top notch all around.

Karavesh: You really do come off as both a goody and a tribunal and I knew if you were on I could expect to see you jumping out of the shadows when I least expect it.

Ischer: Man o man I wish I had faerie fire. Tons and tons of fights on the ocean. Savage giant rangers were tough to deal with due to all those resists. I recommend if you have any new sword spec enemies that you give spears a try. They cut through sword defenses like butter and are hard to parry.

Thirsig: We went way back. You were my betrayal heptad and I never would have imagined back then how long we would have been enemies. Our battles changed a lot over the ranks and months but you had a lot of class. You also smell of elderberries. I laughed when I got the xpad for that exchange.

There were also so many others so drop a line and I will give a shout.

135240, Well done.
Posted by Nhinguehm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really well done, both in role play and hunting, liked to see you taking changes and risks. An interesting foe to have around. And you are right, a long time since i had seen an scarry arial sword.

Good luck with your child. See you around.
135252, You were tough
Healer is the only class I didn’t kill. I knew when you were on I wasn’t going to be killing any imperials. We had a few crazy battles at the temple I think those nutty defenses and reraids were the best part of playing gillador.
135242, RE: What a ride
Posted by Rastensol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was looking forward to a lot more fights. I count myself super lucky you got a weak flurry that time we were fighting north of the crossroads and that eagle/rhino jumped in. Thought I was a goner.

I think someone on the other board suggested you had riddle while I was still in the mid ranks and after seeing you kick ass so well in your logs(speed flurry!) I was really concerned I wouldn’t be able to hang with you as a dagger spec. Think I at least did that but we didn’t get many fights to really find out.

Your last log you posted made me chuckle. Curious if someone told you Quinloc was there? I retreated to wait out the dirt kicking and recover the few hps I lost and next thing I know you got Quinloc and fought Thirisg in between! Awesome job!

I actually like speed flurry. It was awesome seeing you put it to good use.
135253, Good luck
I did not know he was there but I did have a coterie of thieves following me.

As far as how your matchup would have played only time would tell. Outside of drissa I tended to have an edge on most dagger specs. The extra ripostes from switch strike and the extra attacks from silver/leader weapon/heartseeker are really what tipped the scales. But deathblow is a big element of chaos. Would have been a lot of back and forth.

135243, You are part of the reason why I chose to be a trapper
Posted by Oliopterix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Time and again after I had been inducted I saw you and or Fugmada marching into the Destructor and winning fights, so I changed up my planned thief build to try to slow you down a bit. Quas, you were a force to fight and flee from, and you were outstanding in victory and defeat.

Come back as soon as your little person starts sleeping through the night!
135254, Boom a trap
You have no idea how responsible you were for gilladors success. That one thing I hired you to do solves a mystery that has baffled me over many chars and let me solve something that was very very useful for the build. I also give you props for not simply destroying my inventory. A bird needs a lot of different weapons to face its many enemies.

As for the traps. They didn’t have much of a deterrent in all honestly. I just had tons of gold, HP, stat coverage, dam redux, and riddle made bleeding a non issue. Did make us back off raiding a couple of times but in general I couldn’t raid through most defenders solo and I was generally solo. Had you gone poisons that would have been a lot more difficult for Gillador. Every try raiding with fear poison? And weapon nick is legit for basically ensuring it lands.
135247, You good. n/t
Posted by Wilice on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
135249, Best enemy
Posted by Karvesh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Main reason I went out of my way to attack you was because I
knew I could find you, you were never timid about running across
eastern road or other high traffic areas. Sorry for ganging you
so much, throughout your life if I was on Gaelilga/Oli/Drissa/somebody
was on too and already after you and a lot of the time you were the
only person I could either find or had any chance against. Was hoping
I'd get a chance to fight you one on one before this but my time has
fallen off a bit.

I wouldn't describe Gilly so much as a creepy evil and we didn't
talk much after midrange. You were definitely a force were you
were on.

Congratulations on your child! That in mind I doubt we'll meet
again anytime soon so GLWYN when/if that comes around.
135251, I loathed fighting you...
Posted by Nijee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For whatever reason, you were just difficult to do anything against and the dirt, offhand tactic was just a nuisance. You were tough and being a part of some of the strategies to kill you was fun because you still slipped away. Taking Soul, I figured you had a ton of HP and that's why. Arial with 800-100 hp is hard to kill, but then Arial with 1200+hp, now that's just not fair lol. Good build and you were tough. GL with the child, and GLWYN when time constraints ease up.
135271, You're great, hope you make it back by the time I do
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Couldn't ask for more out of anyone as an ally or an enemy. It was a pleasure!
135277, Not gone just yet
Baby isn’t due until February so I got some time left. I just wanted it to be new experiences as gillador was about 150 hours more than my typical char and I was feeling the routine drag.
135272, I really liked Gillador.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And you were my go-to for seeing some rough brawls. Great job on mixing it up with literally everyone, including Tribunal (which Scarabs seem to resist).

-Ish
135276, Thanks
Trib is tricky for a lot of scarabs. When you have so few allies being wanted cuts off valuable resources and can impact mobility(key to dealing with groups while solo). Tribs also don’t spend a ton of time idling outside a city. So there is a string mechanical incentive to not scrap with tribs.
135238, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCARAB] Gillador Redfeather the Brazen Sword of the Temple, Voice of the Scarab
Posted by Thirisg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ohh man. You were a great foe. Sad to see you call it off. Glwyn