Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Drissa Draliza the Unrelenting Pathfinder, Kingslayer, Captain of the Brigade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=134868
134868, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Drissa Draliza the Unrelenting Pathfinder, Kingslayer, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 20 18:17:17 2018

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Drissa perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:698
134950, Well done.
Posted by Gaelilga on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well damn. Sorry fer all the arguin and headaches. Really well played. Figured you'd age die before anythin but guessin ya explained that. Hell ya had me scared ya were goin to git me killed most of the time...I be ballsy but somehow I ain't near as durable as you. Gaelilga looked up to you which is what he butted heads wit ya so hard. Rarely are there characters that have such a huge impact on other player's characters like yers did.
134942, Thank for colluding with me to take down Doryur.
Posted by Zah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm kidding of course. Sad I need to say that but these conspiracy nuts will jump on anything.

Drissa was my favourite enemy to antagonize, I'll have to dig up some of our logs.
134922, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Drissa Draliza the Unrelenting...
Posted by xyfa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Amazing character. Loved having you as an ally (and still one of the two people who helped me the most with pk stuff) and you are an even better enemy in a lot of ways. Never had a bad interaction on either side of things. I hope your burnout doesn't last too long, you make things very fun.

Two thumbs up.
134919, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Drissa Draliza the Unrelenting Pathfinder, Kingslayer, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I completely enjoyed all the fights and wow did we have alot.

There was alot of back and forth and for both of us their seemed to not be so much a white wash either way but the need for one of us to overstep the mark.
134916, PBF looks borked.
Posted by JohnEveryMan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
2 of 3 imm comments entries are duplicate and nothing before 434 hours.
PK wins stop at mid july.

Lol at chapter 1 sci-fi d-day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa11gFnpmQA
134920, Indeed it is
Posted by Korsgaard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Somewhere around the last role entry I went to score it and realized we literally hit a history limit I didn't know was there. And then it also looks like it added in comments at weird places - So one part is supposed to read

Korsgaard added 800 exp for: A look into all the different immortals we have met and how they shaped who we are today. We have a strong love for Korsgaard, naturally, and our time spent with Ishuli and Rahsael were important. Morius is the worst, lesser virtu

which got cutoff, so I went back to add the continued part, and the above rating wasnt there... ugh

Fri Jul 27 14:09:05 2018 by 'Korsgaard' at level 51 (603 hrs):
(continued) lesser virtues are the anti-Pathfinder way! :P

Edit: There are for sure comments before the 185 hour mark but for whatever reason they were overwritten :/

Stuff about our first religion talk/meeting, quests for the religion, making maran, etc... Maybe we'll get lucky and find them in a log
134928, Sci-fi D-day
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ha, good catch. I actually had to have the character's name changed at level 1 or 2, when I first rolled it up I was going to be Cordelia as an allusion to the Miles Vorkosigan space pirate books. There was some heavy wheel of time and sandman stuff in Drissa's speech, I can't help but reference some of my favorite books when I get into mudding.
134885, Liked what I saw of you since I started playing again.
Posted by Karvesh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hope you didn't mind me jumping into so many of your fights. It's been a long time since I played and I was never pro at CF to begin
with to actually find anyone without lurking around following you.

From a role perspective it never made much sense to Karvesh to actively seek out fights with Imperials and I hope that came across clearly.
I've only interacted with you as an ally over a few characters but you were always top notch on your RP regardless, even with lowbies which is always a big plus.

Well done.
134879, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Drissa Draliza the Unrelenting Pathfinder, Kingslayer, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Dhuzir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As Dhuzir, I didn't get to know much of the RP side of Drissa, but in the PK front, you were an absolute monster. You were a really bad match up and I didn't see you much struggle against anyone else either. I spent countless badly slept nights trying to figure out how to kill you, so I am glad that you deleted and I can finally get some sleep :P You escaped a bunch of times from a trap that should've killed almost anyone else and usually leaved one or two corpses behind. Sorry for the heavy loots, but you were just too damn strong with all those pieces of gear. Lots of respect for being such a skilled PKer. OOC I can't deny that I feel a little bit relieved now that Drissa is no more.
134869, Thanks for all the fun.
Suffice to say that this was one of my most memorable experiences in many, many years of mudding. I knew after Talimor and Caz that I had PK on this game more or less figured out, and that I could write a great role and do a decent job of playing it, but I did not expect to last 700 hours. It will be nice to not go to sleep thinking about CF. I'll be lurking around the forums but don't see myself rolling another character for quite a while.

PKing:

I died a lot at the start, then went on something like a 100-0 run, then died a lot towards the end. If someone picks up the PBF we will see exactly how many. I have logs of something around 220 PKs that might get posted if I ever get around to editing them, I forgot to turn off brief for most of the character's life so that will be a pain in the butt.

The build is obviously excellent, although not quite as powerful as some of my enemies made it look (unless I had bard/shaman/the right paladin/healer/invoker support in which case LOL - probably for the best that I often did not). It became a bit of a running challenge to see how many imperials I could fight at the inner at once. I believe in playing very very aggressively to encourage enemies to make mistakes, and am honestly not sure how I went so long without dying. To that insane guy who posts too much on QHCF - of course I ganked a lot, I was the Captain of the Fortress. I also did a lot of fighting against odds. I tried to never turn away a fight, except when it seemed totally insurmountable. I also tried to build up and teach the Fortress how to work as a team better, so that did lead to some ganking. That's CF.

The loots were expected, and there are no hard feelings. Of course, it is easy to say now, but losing gear had nothing to do with my delete. I'm so burned out on CF right now.

RPing:

Huge thank you in particular to Aurew and Korsgaard for helping Drissa come to life. I think I did an okay job of roleplaying the character. There were lots of things I started and didn't finish, and lots of things that I wish I could have done differently, but overall it was a fairly consistent and developed over time, and I'm happy with that.

I tried to RP inclusively and draw others into the story, sometimes I was more successful than other times. I was not willing to break character in response to some of the douchebags who sent tells about how much more the gods favor me than them, and I suppose that in turn led to some of the hate this character seemed to cop on the forums. Oh well, suck it.

Around the 500 hour mark I realized I was not RPing very well with my enemies (easy trap to fall into as a PK centric player) and tried to refocus on that. It was a very rewarding experience I would recommend to everyone who will listen that they try to figure out a way their character might be interested in learning about others, even their enemies. Nothing wrong with "Die, scum!" But the alternatives are cool, too.

Shout-outs, in no particular order although Aurew comes first:

Aurew, it was a special relationship our characters had and I hung in there probably 30-45 days longer than I really wanted to just to see if the spark would rekindle so as not to abandon you. Om a way I have you to thank for the huge PK numbers I put up, I would have happily deleted after breaking 100 or so if it weren't for you. You are simply an amazing character. I could type an entire post all about how great you are but I'll save some of that for when you eventually kick the bucket - after all, you do like your secrets.

Aehwic, love/hate relationship IC from the very get go. I really appreciated uncovering more about you over time. Great job, Marshall.

Mozug/Fugmada, sorry guys. You both play great orcs, it's a terrible matchup and you didn't break character to bitch about it, and even kept coming to fight. Well done, if I get back to CF I will have to try an orc some time and you're great role models.

Gillador, probably my favorite or second favorite enemy to Glikhardiz. Maybe favorite because you don't seem insane and you RP. Very skilled, very fast, really pushed me to another level when you were online. I vastly preferred our solo fights, even though they never resulted in deaths after the first time. A couple close calls both ways though!

Korsgaard, you're the man. Just a total bro. Really appreciated you recruiting me to the religion, I learned a ton about exploring the game on my way to the tattoo. I would be down for a discussion about the killing lighties thing if you're interested. I went with what I saw as a good angle for Drissa, but OOC I sort of think it would be more fun to be a bit more lax. Might take a few generations of characters. I just look back to Natesthal and wish I could have been WANTED more often, he waxed multiple goody NPCs with little repercussion. None of this is meant as anything other than discussion fodder - I think you are awesome, I think you're running Fort well. Thanks for everything.

Ishuli/Rahsael/Daphedee, wow. I knew how great Ishuli/Rahs were from previous characters, and experienced some of the mortal Daphedee, so I guess its no big surprise that I really enjoyed your presence. Drissa definitely ended up spending a little more time with the Gods than I ever planned on. When I wrote the role, I was sort of stoned and thought it was a 2000 or 0 type of thing. Then when I looked back I was like, "woah that has all sorts of hooks!" Cool.

Borlan, wish you'd stuck around as I said when you deleted. On the other hand, I had just learned where all that dope goody only stuff was and I went and requested it right after you died. So, thanks for that too. :P

Igos/Daudeshia, how were you the same person? One I really loved and wished I had more time against, the other, sheesh.

Ghar, sorry buddy, but not that sorry. That time you dropped off the hell dildo was hilarious. I wish I'd been on your team.

Luciaquos, wtf? I guess there must be a lot more to you than I saw, we definitely didn't interact much outside of the occasional pounding.

Drogun, keep on keeping on. I was super glad you stuck around, I hope some of the stuff I showed you helps out with all your future characters!

Undaraxyl - 2 (3?) years and just trucking along. I was so very pleased to land a few kills on you, after how you manhandled some of my previous characters. Great mummy, great evil presence.

So many other Fort, allies, and enemies - honestly, I could go on and on and still forget to list some people, so better to just cut it off having knowingly left off a bunch. If you leave a reply, I'll respond!
134870, RE: Thanks for all the fun.
Posted by Thirisg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Everything I saw was top shelf! Sad I never got to fight you though. Great character! Glwyn
134872, RE: Thanks for all the fun.
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Igos/Daudeshia, how were you the same person? One I really
>loved and wished I had more time against, the other, sheesh.

I'll take that as a compliment. I like to mix up character personalities every once in a while. Too many people play the exact same character but mix up the classes/races/cabals.

Igos was a dumb but respectful dude who loved any fight. Shame you weren't able to play much during the end of Igos. It got amazingly barren and I'd do anything and take on anything for a fight. Had I known you'd have been such a powerhouse, I'd have hung around.

Dhaudeshai was a disrespectful, corrupt as they come, cowardly bitch. I tried to push the boundaries as much as I could because, you know, Tribunal can be a bore at times. I took things a *little* bit too far on a few occasions with the immortals but with respect to any player interactions, no regrets. It was amusing to see the player IC and OOC reactions to Dhaude compared to Igos.

I've also been forum-diagnosed with some sort of mental disorder so perhaps that helps me mix it up between characters. You'll never pick my latest!

Back to you though; well played. I'd rate you as the good version of Glikhardiz.
134873, My favorite captain in a long time
Posted by Merelith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Top notch all around. The fights I watched you fight, and you always stayed in character, and were truly an inspiration for fort. There's always be a void in fort, now, at least for the foreseeable future.

Sadly, Merelith was planning some things to say to you next time I got a chance to see you, but you weren't around, and then I wasn't on much for a week or two while I got back into dragon age, so I missed you and your last talk with Aurew.

Hope it isn't too long before you come back, mixed it up against the odds so much, lost a bunch of stuff, regeared and came back to get your things back real quick.

You'll be sorely missed, OOC'ly, and especially IC'ly. Good luck in your future man. And don't worry, I'll make sure no squires forget your name for a while. :P
134875, Merelith is great
I wish you'd come along earlier in Drissa's life, we'd have had some good times together at hero.
134874, RE: Thanks for all the fun.
Posted by Kadavarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed my interactions with you, both PK and RP.

It was insane how powerful your character was with all that Prog gear. Throw in your immunity to throw (it's a bit annoying that H2h spec immune throw/owaza, I think it should be limited to when you are actually punching and not when wielding daggers).

I have no grief with you at all, it's the point of the game to work out how to make a powerful character, and you did well. Your character added to the enjoyment of mine.

As for my ooc tirade, well CF seems to bring out the worst in people at times. If you have absolutely no ooc connection as I proposed, then please accept my full apology. If you do, well, shame on you.

I'd like to see the log of you getting the kill on the watcher that got your stuff back. It may reveal his intent.
134876, lol
Like the rest of the conspiracy BS, I will take a pass on "proving you wrong." It's weird and childish to concoct stories about how others are participating in elaborate cheating schemes, and maybe speaks to your laundry being dirtier than my own. If I were you I'd go ahead and delete Kadavarn, I certainly couldn't take you seriously IC after you posted that garbage on QHCF and I suppose I'm not the only one - sort of a shame you turned out to be a crazy person, I thought your RP had a chance to be interesting.

Oh, and I'm sure that whoever is playing Dhuzir is having a good laugh at your expense, too.
134878, RE: lol
Posted by Kadavarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
way to be a #### about it.
134880, I don't want to derail Drissa's farewell thread, but...
Posted by Cointreau on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You tried to destroy a character someone get invested almost 700 hours into based off some terrible assumptions and wonder why they don't just forgive and forget?

I agree with mcbeth, I think this speaks much more about yourself than anyone else.
134905, RE: I don't want to derail Drissa's farewell thread, but...
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You might almost say...it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
134884, This
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You publicly attacked his active character off of some theory that didn't even make sense.

If I was an imperial duergar shaman I'd be more worried about a lagging belt than heartseeker, and if I did plan to anathema a traitor it is not unreasonable to want to deprive them of perma-haste first.

I say that as someone who was anathema'd for being a traitor.
134955, Let's stop.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No more talking about ongoing living characters and all that unrelated jazz here. Keep it to Drissa specific stuff.

As an aside, I can see why most people just full on lock threads. The forum only lets you delete a single reply at a time, starting from most recent-to-backwards. That was really, really tedious.

-Ish
134877, I mourn the loss of my misguided other half
Posted by Gillador on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were the yin to gilladors yang. The one other person who would not be cowed no matter the situation. Unfortunately you were totally misguided in using your strength to lift the weak instead of embracing your true self.

:p

But really I had a lot of fun working out how to take you down. Very much an uphill battle when you had a few hundred hours on me and all the resources of the fort vs my literally 2 sort of allies. Eventually I was able to grab a few iron weapons, get some skills up, and found a prep routine that mostly evened up the fights until striking got rolling or more bodies got involved. Actually killing you once was a highlight though I was hoping to do it Mano v Mano straight up your deletion depression vex me of that chance.

You had a big impact on the game. You played with class. I wish you the best of luck and hope someone might step up to fill the mountain sized shoes you left behind.
134882, RE: Thanks for all the fun.
Posted by Ragast on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great character in all aspects. Shame you're gone, I had some plan on RP.

Really strong one to fight. I didn't find any way I can make a trap to kill you alone. Even at blademaster.

Good luck with you next!
134929, Ragast is cool
Drissa did tend to blow off Morius-talk, it all started sounding the same to her after 700 years of hearing it.

Remind me to ask you a few questions about your build when you're gone. :P
134890, You will be missed!
And now, I add another statue to the collection. You were a good leader and lived up to the Pathfinder standard; a hero for Thera that would go anywhere at anytime there was evil-doing going on and put a stop to it.

Very well played, and for those that did not know the Drissa role, I won't spoil it for the readers when the pbf comes out. It was very fun to play around.

Before the delete I was planning a long desc, but was having a pickle of a time picking out the right words for the character. Examples: An eminent aura of holy intrepidity radiates from the lilac form of Drissa. The purple alien Drissa Draliza is here pretending to be an elf. Drissa is here stabbing evil-doers real quick in the giblets.

Couldn't get anything to stick to do the character justice! :P
134934, RE: You will be missed!
"Drissa Draliza is here, slightly less blessed by the Gods than you probably think she is if you spend too much time on QHCF."

Hey, funny thing I just thought of - I played Valeria for a few hours before rolling Drissa and wrote one of the best backstories of my life for her, and won your role contest but autodeleted due to disliking the necro class playstyle before checking out what my reward was. Any chance you remember, so that I can chastise myself even more for wasting such a good role on a class I don't like playing? :P
134951, Whoa!
Awe dang, I really liked Valerias role! If I remember right, your character went off to hide in the desert, and for that reason I think I gave you Black Mummy, a greater undead that can - you guessed it - hide in the desert :P

134892, Very well done
Posted by Behn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a character I aspired to be like the more I saw from you, which is good and bad at the same time because the writing is on the wall fast that I wasn't ever going to come close to being like you. I should have asked you to show me a lot of the stuff you know, but I missed the big train on all the Kors quest stuff that was being done trying to build my Maran resume and I felt bad to even approach you on helping me to do it all again.
134927, Should have asked!
Drissa loved Behn, you were one of the most dependable Squires and then Maran.

RE what you said on your death thread - yeah, paladins in general suffer from being hard to seal kills against good players with at high levels. Maybe try a champion if you go back to them, you definitely RPed a good paladin and bat spam lands kills.
134896, RE: Thanks for all the fun.
Posted by polmier on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Suffice to say that this was one of my most memorable
>experiences in many, many years of mudding. I knew after
>Talimor and Caz that I had PK on this game more or less
>figured out, and that I could write a great role and do a
>decent job of playing it, but I did not expect to last 700
>hours. It will be nice to not go to sleep thinking about CF.
>I'll be lurking around the forums but don't see myself rolling
>another character for quite a while.
>
>PKing:
>
>I died a lot at the start, then went on something like a 100-0
>run, then died a lot towards the end. If someone picks up the
>PBF we will see exactly how many. I have logs of something
>around 220 PKs that might get posted if I ever get around to
>editing them, I forgot to turn off brief for most of the
>character's life so that will be a pain in the butt.
>
>The build is obviously excellent, although not quite as
>powerful as some of my enemies made it look (unless I had
>bard/shaman/the right paladin/healer/invoker support in which
>case LOL - probably for the best that I often did not). It
>became a bit of a running challenge to see how many imperials
>I could fight at the inner at once. I believe in playing very
>very aggressively to encourage enemies to make mistakes, and
>am honestly not sure how I went so long without dying. To that
>insane guy who posts too much on QHCF - of course I ganked a
>lot, I was the Captain of the Fortress. I also did a lot of
>fighting against odds. I tried to never turn away a fight,
>except when it seemed totally insurmountable. I also tried to
>build up and teach the Fortress how to work as a team better,
>so that did lead to some ganking. That's CF.
>
>The loots were expected, and there are no hard feelings. Of
>course, it is easy to say now, but losing gear had nothing to
>do with my delete. I'm so burned out on CF right now.
>
>RPing:
>
>Huge thank you in particular to Aurew and Korsgaard for
>helping Drissa come to life. I think I did an okay job of
>roleplaying the character. There were lots of things I started
>and didn't finish, and lots of things that I wish I could have
>done differently, but overall it was a fairly consistent and
>developed over time, and I'm happy with that.
>
>I tried to RP inclusively and draw others into the story,
>sometimes I was more successful than other times. I was not
>willing to break character in response to some of the
>douchebags who sent tells about how much more the gods favor
>me than them, and I suppose that in turn led to some of the
>hate this character seemed to cop on the forums. Oh well, suck
>it.
>
>Around the 500 hour mark I realized I was not RPing very well
>with my enemies (easy trap to fall into as a PK centric
>player) and tried to refocus on that. It was a very rewarding
>experience I would recommend to everyone who will listen that
>they try to figure out a way their character might be
>interested in learning about others, even their enemies.
>Nothing wrong with "Die, scum!" But the alternatives are cool,
>too.
>
>Shout-outs, in no particular order although Aurew comes
>first:
>
>Aurew, it was a special relationship our characters had and I
>hung in there probably 30-45 days longer than I really wanted
>to just to see if the spark would rekindle so as not to
>abandon you. Om a way I have you to thank for the huge PK
>numbers I put up, I would have happily deleted after breaking
>100 or so if it weren't for you. You are simply an amazing
>character. I could type an entire post all about how great you
>are but I'll save some of that for when you eventually kick
>the bucket - after all, you do like your secrets.
>
>Aehwic, love/hate relationship IC from the very get go. I
>really appreciated uncovering more about you over time. Great
>job, Marshall.
>
>Mozug/Fugmada, sorry guys. You both play great orcs, it's a
>terrible matchup and you didn't break character to bitch about
>it, and even kept coming to fight. Well done, if I get back to
>CF I will have to try an orc some time and you're great role
>models.
>
>Gillador, probably my favorite or second favorite enemy to
>Glikhardiz. Maybe favorite because you don't seem insane and
>you RP. Very skilled, very fast, really pushed me to another
>level when you were online. I vastly preferred our solo
>fights, even though they never resulted in deaths after the
>first time. A couple close calls both ways though!
>
>Korsgaard, you're the man. Just a total bro. Really
>appreciated you recruiting me to the religion, I learned a ton
>about exploring the game on my way to the tattoo. I would be
>down for a discussion about the killing lighties thing if
>you're interested. I went with what I saw as a good angle for
>Drissa, but OOC I sort of think it would be more fun to be a
>bit more lax. Might take a few generations of characters. I
>just look back to Natesthal and wish I could have been WANTED
>more often, he waxed multiple goody NPCs with little
>repercussion. None of this is meant as anything other than
>discussion fodder - I think you are awesome, I think you're
>running Fort well. Thanks for everything.
>
>Ishuli/Rahsael/Daphedee, wow. I knew how great Ishuli/Rahs
>were from previous characters, and experienced some of the
>mortal Daphedee, so I guess its no big surprise that I really
>enjoyed your presence. Drissa definitely ended up spending a
>little more time with the Gods than I ever planned on. When I
>wrote the role, I was sort of stoned and thought it was a 2000
>or 0 type of thing. Then when I looked back I was like, "woah
>that has all sorts of hooks!" Cool.
>
>Borlan, wish you'd stuck around as I said when you deleted. On
>the other hand, I had just learned where all that dope goody
>only stuff was and I went and requested it right after you
>died. So, thanks for that too. :P
>
>Igos/Daudeshia, how were you the same person? One I really
>loved and wished I had more time against, the other, sheesh.
>
>Ghar, sorry buddy, but not that sorry. That time you dropped
>off the hell dildo was hilarious. I wish I'd been on your
>team.
>
>Luciaquos, wtf? I guess there must be a lot more to you than I
>saw, we definitely didn't interact much outside of the
>occasional pounding.
>
>Drogun, keep on keeping on. I was super glad you stuck around,
>I hope some of the stuff I showed you helps out with all your
>future characters!
>
>Undaraxyl - 2 (3?) years and just trucking along. I was so
>very pleased to land a few kills on you, after how you
>manhandled some of my previous characters. Great mummy, great
>evil presence.
>
>So many other Fort, allies, and enemies - honestly, I could go
>on and on and still forget to list some people, so better to
>just cut it off having knowingly left off a bunch. If you
>leave a reply, I'll respond!
134897, Well Done
Posted by Polmier on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Top notch pker. I do think you could have been better in roleplay with enemies but I think that is something lots in cf could get better at.

You were one of the reasons I grew frustrated with Durnot. That is a credit to you.

GLWYN
134930, RE: Well Done
Yeah, I agree with your assessment. I did a lot better in hours 500-700 about RPing with enemies than I did before it.

Really no idea why Durnot took it so hard from Drissa, I gave it pretty hard to a lot of people but you seemed particularly vulnerable. Maybe its just that Ragers really are not that good against skilled/prepped opponents. Did you carry way too much weight very often?
134939, RE: Well Done
Posted by polmier on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have no idea either as I was light on weight perhaps as low as 1/3 max most times. I think defender did not help. Same build with berserker might have done better, but maybe not. Still have to hit you.

I have played a lot of villagers as well and usually do pretty good even against prepped foes. I usually do better with head first characters villagers (two dwarf berserkers and 1 cloud giant scout with awesome critical).

I will be back to the village soon.
134940, Yeah who knows
Maybe its because you were low on hitroll? I'm really reaching now.

I do think part of it is that I was on the offensive all the time, so was rarely if ever caught pants down... and then part of it has to be that you would have had a hard time charging striking against me and most elf warriors really need striking to kick in before they start hitting well in melee.
134898, Going to Miss YOu
Posted by Ischer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As an ally, I am going to miss you greatly.

I enjoyed our interactions. I will not go into detail as I am active and so are others that we were involved with, but your roleplay was great from my side of things.

Top notch all around and a certified beast in pk.

Good luck in future. I am sure you will be back.
134931, RE: Going to Miss YOu
Yes, I'll have thoughts for your death thread. Thumbs up, Ischer is cool. Thanks for saving me that one time you did the thing and then the God came down.
134902, Great character.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very deadly, and also a good RP presence. Any time I happened to be watching you, outside of our enjoyable chats, you had a dialogue style and general presence of a proper goodie - thoughtful, but vicious against evil.

Definitely consider me a fan.

-Ish
134904, RE: Thanks for all the fun.
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't snoop people, but I liked everything I saw/heard about Drissa. Loved the role, loved the fact that you beat ass, and liked what I heard you say on cb.

Makes me sad to hear you're taking a hiatus, though. Was hoping to cross paths again as mortals.
134935, RE: Thanks for all the fun.
Hey, you were one of the inspirations for the character and it was really cool to run into you in imm form. Loved Thaedan as a mortal, I tried to model the way I interacted with the rest of the fort after you in a lot of ways.

Have fun with your new mort!
134906, You are an inspiration.
Posted by Aurew on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I said most of what I needed to in-game (and more will come after I'm gone), but I'm glad we found each other. I was constantly in awe of your prowess in PK and the borderline insane odds you took on. On top of that, your roleplay never missed a beat. I loved that you took time out to relax and invited others to do the same. Thank you for sticking around as long as you did, and for letting me be part of those final moments; it meant a lot and I will cherish them. To say you will be missed is an understatement.
134910, My favourite wet blanket.
Posted by Gilver the splitz! on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun beating Imperial face with you. When the two of us teamed up, they never stood a chance.

Fort lost a pretty cool dude today - Drissa was a conflicted and interesting character.

GLWYN
...Maybe an Entropist? God knows we could use the numbers.
134933, We only started teaming up late...
After an ally said something that made Drissa feel vaguely more comfortable spending time with you - wish we'd hooked up earlier, certainly had some good times. You seem so vastly knowledgeable about the game, would have been nice to be allies rather than just people with the same enemies.

Cool character, cool quest form.

When/if I get around to rolling again, Entropy is a cabal I'd like to try. But I'd have to think of a suitable "kill em all" role and I haven't figured it out yet. And I don't really like mages.
134912, Oh captain my captain.
Posted by Khoulmurum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Congratulations on a great character. After almost 700 hours, i belive you achieved pretty much everything you wanted. During this time, I really enjoyed Drissa from the perspecive of an ally, an enemy and finally a friend.

Hope you had a lot of fun, because you were really interesting to have around. Thanks for the time in the Inn, stories and great taste on whiskey.

Don't take too long to return, you are already missed.
GLWYN.
134932, Go get that quest done! nt
nt
134960, RE: Thanks for all the fun.
Posted by Marrion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had a great time traveling with you and keeping your arse healed. Every time I returned from a swim I knew we'd be up for doing something adventerous. Hope to complete the task of pathfinder too.

Great times though and great leadership you provided. Despite the early death of a light walking creature at your hands and my view that nearly had my path out of the fortress set.
134963, Might be confused
As Drissa had zero goodie kills their entire life.
134975, RE: Might be confused
Posted by Marrion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe its drogun..I do recall one in the Fortress that while I traveled with did such a thing. I will look back through my memory bank. Thought I even wrote a role on it..hmmmm..you are the IMM that sees all.
134965, RE: Thanks for all the fun.
Posted by Rahsael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really outstanding character. You were fun to watch and I enjoyed our interactions. I've got nothing else to say that hasn't already been said. Thumbsup!