Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Japhire of Al'Arianat the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=134852
134852, (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Japhire of Al'Arianat the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Aug 18 17:54:11 2018

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Japhire perished, never to return.
Race:centaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:196
134926, Weird relationship you had with Drissa
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
OOC, I kept thinking to myself "come on man, #### or get off the pot" when it came to you promising to attack me. I wonder if you might have actually done it, had I been less tough.

Seemed to have nice depth of character, I enjoyed our chats.
134936, That whole situation didn't work out.
Posted by Japhire on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought I'd beat up the Fort when I ran out of Empire/Trib/Scarab etc. -- but I never ran out of them. It wouldn't have been right to hunt Fort when I had other enemies, so I never really did. If I did it over I probably would treat Fortress with a quiet indifference.

We did fight a couple times when Reavers were involved, or when I was going after a defiler in the Fort.

134861, RE: (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Japhire of Al'Arianat the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by govorich on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Interesting character to talk to. PK wise, you were way too conservative and never took any real risks. Also, you tended to be heavy handed with the looting. Not cool.
134903, Clearly you're thinking of someone else. nt
nt
134913, Hmm
Posted by Igos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tried to fight you multiple times whenever we crossed paths. You only ever fled and went to the opposite side of the map to stay camo. Made me sad =(
134937, Heh
You were a bash/flurry fire giant with emperor powers and a bunch of hell gear you cheated for. I was barely a hero (if I was at all before you deleted). Why would I fight you?

;)
134941, Just backing up what govorich stated
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Since what he stated, and seemingly contrary to what you believe, was exactly the same way I perceived Japhire. This isn't a dig at you or the way you play. A conservative, over-prepping, low risk-taker is a legitimate playstyle. If you're being honest, I am sure you'll agree.

Japhire had a great build. It would have been good to see you push the boundaries.
134857, Well darn.
Life is unpredictable. I rolled Japhire after I sold my business. I started freelancing and figured I'd have plenty of time for CF and other hobbies. However, a few weeks ago I was offered a significant number of shares in a company to take over as its CEO and, voila, there went all my free time with an offer I couldn't refuse. Not a day has gone by yet I haven't put in at least eight hours, including today (Sunday). Good for my financial future, bad for my life in Thera.

I guess I'll be out of the mix for a while. I'll be back someday, I'm sure but now there's just no possible way I can play. It's a bummer too, because Japhire was the first character I'd really connected with in years. The role and build both clicked for me.

The build was something I thought of last winter and I was waiting to play it. It's actually very unique. Centaur is the only thing that gets good mileage out of polearm, Landslide, Space and can join Outlander and have a chance at insects. Hello, driving, cutoffing, insecting, mistake punishing killer guy. I was on track to make the recent killers list no problem, but alas, not to be again. :(

Ergush was fun to follow and I really enjoyed my interactions with him. So thank you, Ergush! Sorry I fell off suddenly.

My interactions with the new Battle god were great too. I was looking forward to more of those. Thank you battle god whose name I can't remember! Pache? No that's a fish...

I had great interactions with mortals too, apart from running across a couple loons here and there. I wish I could have done more with Ischer and Trunkarra. I felt like in the woods or water Ischer and I could wax anyone, and Trunkarra and I could wax anyone anywhere else.

I had a lot of respect for Jeremicia. You never gave up trying to kill me. :)

I had no respect for Luciaquos. They should title you "the Frozen Chicken." My favorite thing was killing you when you tried to gang me with orcs and Scarabs, because why the F is the Provost paling around with those guys?

Fugmada, you hit your stride and got darn near impossible to deal with. So many hours of prep gathering were wasted on you. :) You were super classy, well RP'd and definitely skilled. Thanks!

I'm forgetting lots of people. Please post comments! I'm happy to respond.
134887, RE: Well darn.
Posted by Ergush on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed Japhire from an immortal and a mortal position :)

Thank you so much for all the fun and I am quite glad you enjoyed the religion. If you have any thoughts about it, or suggestions, please feel free to send them to me at ergushcf@gmail.com

Congrats on the CEO position and GLWYN!
134938, A mortal, you say?
Now I'm curious. :)

134964, RE: A mortal, you say?
Posted by Ergush on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The world will never know.... Bwahahaha!
134854, RE: (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Japhire of Al'Arianat the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by crom on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Japhire, always willing to fight.

GLWYN
134855, RE: (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Japhire of Al'Arianat the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Ischer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoy Japhire a lot. Well done from an allies perspective.

I so wanted to explore your lost homeland more as it fit well within my role, but did not get to it much.

GLWYN.
134860, Rahsael followers are scary
You know Rahsael is going to tell them to inflict some kinda loss on you.

I don't like loss. It really messes with my power gaming. ;)
134859, Japhire smash! n/t
nt
134853, RE: (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Japhire of Al'Arianat the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just wanted to say that I liked your role.
134858, Hey, thanks!
Overall it was decent, but it had some sentences in it I really liked. Glad someone noticed!