Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tamhas Gailson the Champion of the Virtues
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=134646
134646, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tamhas Gailson the Champion of the Virtues
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jul 22 15:44:01 2018

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Tamhas perished, never to return.
Race:azure
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:226
134660, Back after 5 years
Posted by elmeri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fffffk, paladins were different than they used to be. I'd have loved to fight you more if Drissa wasn't destroying the hero range
134661, RE: Back after 5 years
Posted by elmeri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why is my name called NOT elmeri? Hastur and togni, and all, plz contact!
134663, There is an account under Elmeri.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you try to post as a name that has an account tied to it, the
forum posts you as (NOT {nameyoutriedusing}).
134664, RE: There is an account under Elmeri.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whoops meant to post this from my Twist account.
134647, Fun Ride
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I rolled this character up entirely because of all of the complaints I'd heard about accidental good kills, atonement, etc. Basically, my goal was to play a paladin and toe-the-line as much as I could to prove that you didn't have to play super-conservatively or risk getting booted.

I ended up being wanted about 10 times or so, and never actually suicided off the flag. Never killed a goodie guard either, so those complaining that it's inevitable.. just be more careful and pay attention.

I did get to go through the atonement process though, due to just straight not thinking about what was going on. It was pretty painless, and while it came up in conversation quite a bit, I never had any negative repercussions on the character. Seemed to go exactly as I would expect, but a lot of that stemmed on RPing it out on my side too.

Overall, great experiences. A few goodbyes:

Korsgaard - I feel like I only hit the religion on the surface-level. I like the idea of the trials, but I felt like I couldn't come back and chat with you and dig deeper until I completed them. Probably just my own hang-up, but I felt like I was missing something. I'll definitely be back in the religion though, and hopefully get a better handle on it in the future.

Drissa - We were a pretty solid team. When the two of us were online, it seemed like it didn't matter who else showed up, we were the heavy favorites. Most of that is you - I'm not sure what's going on with your built, but you just seem unbeatable. That, coupled with dispel and ridiculous monk damage output and we were a scary combo, even for a group of 3-4 enemies. I was also glad I got a chance to see a couple layers deep on the character too. You have a lot going on, and I look forward to reading your role when you're finally done.

Aehwic - I have to admit, I picked a couple arguments with you just to stir up a little bit of drama. It was all in good fun though, so hopefully you weren't really as upset as you seemed. Part of me wishes you would have demoted me like you threatened (can you even do that? I dunno), just to add a wrinkle. No chance I ever would have outlasted you to become the next Marshall though, so I kind of laughed to myself when you mentioned that. I was bleeding con, and already starting to feel burnt out by that point. Appreciate the confidence anyways, though.

Torelath - We missed each other a lot there at the end, but you always had a soft spot in Tamhas's heart. Outside of Drissa (or probably even including her), you were the one Tamhas trusted the most. Wish our playtimes would have overlapped more at the end, you became a beast somewhere along the line and we could have done some damage together.

Fugmada - One of my favorite enemies I can ever remember having in CF. If I saw you online, I knew I was going to have some fun. Never could tell which way our fights were going to go, but chances were good one of us was going to die. Every fight we had was a good time. Thanks for being classy and always up for the fight. The game is much better with players like you around.

Luciaquos - If Tamhas could pick one person he hated the most, it'd probably be you. Purely due to your position (Tamhas really did love the law, I promise), and your red aura. I know I was the paper to your rock, so I tried to fight on your terms as much as I could. Hope you had fun with it despite how one-sided it usually ended up.

Dhaudeshia and Doryur - I don't know why some people play CF with the goal of making the game less fun for everyone else. But I want you to know that you failed. I had a blast despite your best efforts.

Probably forgot some folks I missed. But friend or foe, I had a blast with almost everyone.

134648, I liked everything I saw.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The thing that stood out to me, since most people don't do this well, was when you were handling threats of fullsacs/loots and actual loots/sacs. Not only did you not whine, you handled it in an amazingly Paladin'ly way, and I LOVE that. Your class and values really stood out in pretty much all interactions, including those where people were going out of their way to ruin you.

Thumbs up all around, your brand of goodie/paladin was great to watch.

-Ish
134649, A+ teammate, even better roleplayer
Posted by Drissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tamhas will be deeply missed, both IC and OOC.
134653, Tamhas was my best Paladin
Posted by Korsgaard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The way you interacted and played the part of the paladin was fantastic, and in case you don't pick up the PBF, I did comment that multiple times that you could do no wrong in my eyes.

Top notch paladin. I dunno if I can say it enough. Great job!
134656, i woulda played
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
if i knew java was showing people How To Paladin again