Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCARAB] Gemmurra DarkCrown the Heroine of Faith, Voice of the Scarab, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=134515
134515, (DELETED) [SCARAB] Gemmurra DarkCrown the Heroine of Faith, Voice of the Scarab, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jul 8 15:25:31 2018

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Gemmurra perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:298
134531, You were great
Posted by Clad in the temple garments of the Scarab on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm fortunate to have gotten to interact with you, and had hoped to do much more of that. I rarely saw you of late so that was either due to mismatching hours or this had been coming for a little while. Either way, you've my word that the hours we interacted will not go to waste for one bit - I hopefully will cross paths with your next incarnation in mutual sportsmanship no matter 'friend' or foe. (I figure you'll understand)

Embrace the Darkness
134519, It has to be said
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're the reason they should remove the leader only rooms in the Scarab cabal.
134516, This was my RP char
Posted by Gemmurra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It didn't necessarily start out as such, but the build was simply too ineffective in PK and I deleted mainly out of boredom. The supps never went through at hero and it's extremely frustrating when anyone can maledict you more than you can maledict them in way less time. I was looking to delete for a while and last death due to fillet freeze gave me an easy outlet.

Paths:

Demon path is very good, except for the final spell, which is useless. Two rounds of lag on AOE that hits everyone, including yourself, groupmates and nightwalker, but can only be cast as a starter. I cannot ever imagine casting it in pretty much any situation. If I want to bring a ranger/hider out of hiding and he's not at the inner, I'd rather just fog to prevent immediate flee and re-camo. That's discounting the duergarness and the nightwalker.

Devil path is next to useless. Two additional damage types on demonfire-like spells I suppose are of some very niche use, but other than that, a complete disappointment. Even those are not worth using generally, as Abyssal Flame on Demon path juices regular Demonfire. Only if a mob is immune to Demonfire. Betrayal doesn't work on anything and even if it does, not sure it's of any use. It especially doesn't work on goods and imperials. Aspect of the devil is beyond useless, it's actually REALLY detrimental. Can't word/teleport, can't sanc, gain double-vuln to holy. Even killing lord of Kiadana, where you'd think fire immunity would be useful is still better and faster being done with sanc and without aspect. Maybe red lair use, but I'm in doubt.

Warpriest heavy is probably something I'd never consider again. It's possible it prevented something once or twice, but I never noticed it. With the current anti-gank code, you're fine as is.

Unfortunately, immteractions with Scarab were very limited, but I suppose that's to be expected. However, it serves as a char limitation as there's no outlet to char development.

I tried to be an easy-in leader, if a little deadbeatish, but I think I did a fairly good job of following up generally.

The above may come across as bitter, but the char had its moments. I've tried to RP with everyone and especially took the time to explain the minute Scarab details to applicants.

P.S. I was Quarissa as well, so my Scarab understanding is probably above average, albeit there isn't much that's complicated about it.

134517, Great character.
Posted by Morius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can honestly say some of the best parts of my logons involved the banter you always hit me with. I had a lot of fun throughout our dialogues, arguments, and harassment. Also noticed you regularly using a Morius question in your interviews, which had me shaking my fist but chuckling at the same time.

Overall, every time I saw Gemmurra you were absolutely interacting and doing a great job. I wish you had as much fun as I did watching you, sorry your paths weren't up to par. Really can't compliment you enough for how thorough you were in your interviews. Too bad you think a roach is worth more than a Morius.

"Eh! don't you see, little fool, that then twice the food would be wanted? Whereas my beetle devours again as filth what I have eaten myself." - Trygaeus (Peace, Aristophanes)

"Supreme healers who triumph over the hundred plagues of obscuring emotions" - Letter to the Hierarchs of Drigung (The Life of Shabkar)
134520, Seconded!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great Character. Both from a mortal and imm point of view.
Scarab will miss your presence.
134525, Good one
Posted by Drissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You lived a long time, and never broke role. Now who will ask whether I've come to admire the temple? I only got the skin-deep view of you, but it was clear there was more there. It was very satisfying to finally kill you, even if the fillet did all the work.

I do agree with Jhyrbian that the leader only rooms are a bit silly. They should at least be free to enter for anyone when the Icon is held by another cabal.
134532, Love Gemmurra from the start
Posted by Venara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were my first pick as Voice and I'm glad you got it.

All the naysayers who kept saying Anathema in Scarab was lazy obviously didn't know your story. The only thing I was confused about was the loss of Revs, I'm not sure what the issue was there, but it didn't seem to stop you most of the time from being a good presence for the Temple.

Hope you enjoyed all the interactions! GLWYN!!!