Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Borlan the Champion of the Virtues
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=134363
134363, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Borlan the Champion of the Virtues
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jun 17 17:54:42 2018

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Borlan perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:242
134396, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Borlan the Champion of the Virtues
Posted by Viyen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Borlan a lot. We had a big stretch where our times didn't overlap, but it was fun whenever they did. You also saved me a bunch of times when my "meh, I can tank that" impulse proved wrong.

Hope to see you around!
134392, Fun fights
Posted by Zah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Our interactions were always interesting whether fighting or talking. I wasn't your enemy, but we were often forced to fight and then not fight just as quickly.

I knew I had zero chance at killing you but it was fun trying all the same. You certainly did a good job protecting your own though, I'm sure I'd have a few more Mage skulls to your name if it weren't for your actions.

Well done and GLWYN.
134375, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Borlan the Champion of the Virtues
Posted by Marrion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ugh, sad to see you go. We traveled a bit but not enough.
134368, Thanks for saving my butt a few times.(NT)
Posted by Itham on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
134366, Nooooooooooo
Posted by Drissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were my favorite. Well played, wish we'd had more time together against more/better enemies.

:(
134367, RE: Nooooooooooo
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just wish I didn't have such a defense oriented combo, there's just not enough progs in the world to make it decent as a pk force. :D

Drissa was nothing but top notch all around, thanks for everything.
Aehwic, same as Drissa - you're both great characters.

I haven't been playing very regularly over the years and I'm new to this good align stuff so I make a lot of stupid mistakes, thanks for putting up with me.

Thanks to Korsgaard for the empowerment, I really appreciate it as I'm not the greatest at writing roles/RP.

cheers,
jhyrb
134370, RE: Nooooooooooo
Posted by Drissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Agreed as far as shield dedication is concerned... But man you sure were a tank.

I should add a special thanks for the hummingbird once I got back from my vacation, that was unexpected and very generous of you. It's an amazing piece for quality of life as a non healing class and I really appreciated it!
134374, Loved me some Borlan
Posted by Korsgaard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I still feel like I always need to apologize for the Arena Championship kerfuffle. I had my brackets in another screen writing out scores and crossing out names and I completely missed the Borlan line advancing to the next round. UGH! I'll always feel bad about it, but thanks for dealing with it and hope you had fun.

As a follower, you did really well. I always try to match virtues and quest stuff to the role/feel of the character so I hope you liked what you got.

I also hope the one accidental goodie kill wasnt a total drag and feel free to give any feedback on your experiences with atonement/redemption.

Good luck with your next!
134379, was this your mute you were telling me about?
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
i can't believe you did that to yourself! you da man, canadaman

i wanna ride your coat tails like it's '04 again! :P
134381, nah nt
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt