Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Jhelruk the Living Relic, Imperial War Master
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=134355
134355, (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Jhelruk the Living Relic, Imperial War Master
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jun 17 11:09:06 2018

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Jhelruk perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:622
134393, I knew the 'Living' part of your title couldn't last long
Posted by Zah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were the most suicidal Duergar I ever met and I now see why. 622 hours is insane and I'm sure you were looking forward to a change. That's an awesome effort, sticking it out through thick and thin.

I admired your bravery and would always give you the chance for a fair fight, but you were never interested. You would tell me to stick it and bring it, acting like you could take on ridiculous odds. That was pretty cool.

It was also fun interacting with a certain evil IMM. I'm sorry I couldn't bring you more fights, I know you would have gotten me eventually - those wrathing drums hurt.

I'll echo the thoughts of others here, you're a huge presence and asset to CF. I look forward to meeting your future characters.
134407, RE: I knew the 'Living' part of your title couldn't last long
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wasn't suicidal but I definitely did not err on the side of caution.

I will post up my log of events because I had some epic retrievals, one of my favorite was coming to the village and getting the massive giant down to writhing against a ranger, polearm/sword spec giant and yourself. And somehow in the progress almost getting two of you and somehow still managing to get away, while also surviving two flurries and alot of deathblows.

It was just going to be a matter of time before I got you, I did get close but close isn't good enough :P

I like that you keep rolling with the punches. Keep on trucking.
134386, farewell sir
Posted by Leodos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a great foe to have. You fought bravely and often against overwhelming odds. When you did fall you picked up and came roaring back without complaint. You pulled off some really slick retrievals.

Much respect
134406, RE: farewell sir
Cheers!

You got me with some unbelievable nasty ambushes, I hate to think how things would have gone down if I did not have some modicum level of preparation for some of those fights. And rangers around the fortress definitely make life difficult. I appreciated that you also brought the fight into civilization.
134376, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Jhelruk the Living Relic, Imperial War Master
Posted by marrion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed our conversations and often tangents they take.
134382, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Jhelruk the Living Relic, Imperial War Master
You were never going to get me to turn! NEVER!

Sorry about that kill in the Fortress! I think I said it all at the time but attacking the vanquisher wording when I come, then sancing the Maran who was already heavily beaten up, sleeping one step North ... and then going AFK. In the time it took me to walk from palace to Fort.

Well OOC I questioned pushing on but IC I saw it as an opportunity to put a spin on how bad the training you recieve in Fort is and perhaps consider coming to the dark side! And as I said then atleast teleport/gate/use the Watcher. :)
134385, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Jhelruk the Living Relic, Imperial War Master
Posted by marrion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Does any ever really turn? I didn't think you'd come as I was trying to heal the maran and my mind did wander more than I had anticipdated. None the less we had some interesting interactions.
134373, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Jhelruk the Living Relic, Imper...
Posted by xyfa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a machine. One of the people I really wanted to beat but never quite managed it. Three deaths per con is definitely really painful as a new player.

Hope to see your next one! Jhelruk was one of my favourite enemies.
134383, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Jhelruk the Living Relic, Imper...
You did really well! Really really well and remember you did also kill me! So you did manage it :)
134362, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Jhelruk the Living Relic, Imperial War Master
Well that was alot of fun!!!

Jhelruk ... Remove the H L U and you get JERK ... and he certainly was! :)

I rolled up this guy while playing Vraknar for a bit of a break and in all honesty
at that point in time it was never going to be much more than a throw away. All I
really wanted was to do mace/flail with a build that could be my triumphant return
to all my buddy city healers.

To that point I only had my specs sorted out, when it came time for legacies I picked
my first and then really could not decide on any from there. So for a decent amount
of time I was just running around using one legacy. Then Ishuli questioned why I only
had one naturally this then prompted me to pick something ...

But before I get to that given the "Throwaway" this character was to be I decided to
be quite destructive in nature. This behaviour impacted myself probably more than
anything else, and this attitude is what drove some of the insane retrievals I pulled
off, with my best effort being 4 solo retrievals in one login against 4+ fortress
members. But this "arrogance" also flowed through IC with me telling Ish I only need one
legacy to kicked the ####e out of everyone, so I picked something that I thought wouldnt
help me in any way shape or form as my second legacy STSF ... and it was not a great
choice but hell it was alot of fun.

Before you ask:
- it never charged fully
- it got to the third tier twice (Strangely both against elves)
- it got to the second tier 5 times
- it got to the first tier 15-20 times
In all likely hood it probably killed me more than anything else because when I saw a
charge I was 100% I totally have this now! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ... Oh
But I did find it amusing every time I saw a charge.

The only other key points I had were:
- To donate over 5 mill (Check)
- To con die (Check), on this once I reached 3 deaths left I was always going to make
that stand. Getting War Master just prolonged the fun.

For me I think the biggest disapointment is the reluctance for some people to fight. I
dont know what it is but given the amount I died against big odds and the extremely good
sporting nature that was shown towards me by all of you. The last thing I would do is
something that would forget that. And to this point I looted basically nothing in the last
200 hours. But held another cabals item im on alone 1 sometimes 2 people who could retrieve
and nothing would happen.

Is it the con loss thats an issue? I know con loss was changed long ago because most people
delete with full con. But has this now gone full circle? And people are now far to
conservative? It would be interesting to see what would happen if the conloss was changed
back to 5 deaths. This would have minimal impact on vets as if you really want to con loss
is minimal, but would really be a great boon for those who are new and those who have a crack.
Further to this it starts to wear a bit thin when you trying to do something and need to wait
ages to heal 70hp a tick.

Some good byes:
Immortals:
Thanks for all you do.
Big shout out for all the little things that happened I had a few 25 imm exp slices and each
time it brought a smile to my face and I had a good laugh. My favourite being when Taurus was
transferred into the Palace.
Jormyr I liked you as Sekope as Jhelruk this was just re-enforced, cheers for the Custom it
was PERFECT!
I keep saying it everytime I need to follow an Imm and get a tattoo, maybe for my next.

Fortress:
Drissa respected the fights, some STSF dagger specs were my bane you were one of them
Erhiadkeb good show, now that its done I really dont think BAT is that bad at Hero even in
gank down I did not think it was a game changer (Other things were tho)
Viyen. Well done! I had alot of respect for your attitude and I think someone like you would
benifit greatly from more deaths per con.

Scarab:
Who??? Other than Unda and Enhal(now gone) this seems to be a cabal full of people who dont
defend/dont retireve/dont raid.

Outlander:
Few highs and lows here but as you seemed to be coming into full swing you would delete just
as fast. I cant help but thing having druid healer types at outlander recall points will help
this alot.

Village:
To many fights to many good times but we all know Jhelruk is the greatest in the land, even
with half my gear I still sent you sorry lot packing! HAHAHA
Grord, I would have fought you more, but given you complete and utter OOC meltdown I enjoyed
letting batman kill you alot more. Consider this for you next. I had no issues getting away
from batman and another lagger, trip/bash/cutoff so some of what was happening was on you.

Entropy:
Really only Gliver yes I attacked you in town BUT you whine like a little baby, havent played
entropy so cant really say. But I cant help think what our relationship would have been if you
flew upto me reverted and gave me a good ole high five after the attack, but instead you put
on your tribunal badge.

Tribunals:
Good times now and again bit of a force now with big numbers well done Luc.

Empire:
Igos holy crap you were tough just on a completely different level, ill grab your PBF
Glik to be honest I was a bit MEH!
Solraen when I got back into Empire all I could think of was Ron Burgandy yelling "News team
assemble" while blowing on a giant sea shell. It was awesome being back. Very well roleplayed
I hope you stick it out and get back in. For what its worth if I got Emp it would have been the
first thing on my list.
134364, Really enjoyed this character
Posted by Chamst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You kept me amused and because you didn't avoid fights where you almost died to me, I was happy to give you a chance to kill me.

Thanks for being gracious in victory when you and the trib got me. Also that retrieval where you entwined me at the vanquisher was amazing luck on my part. I was sure I was dead but somehow rng allowed me to survive and complete the retrieval through my pets in the round after I fled.

Glwyn.

Ps you are lucky as an Outlander I didn't report you to your actual emperor. There was some definite fraternising with anathema going on there as I condored overhead!
134408, RE: Really enjoyed this character
Yeah I wont go into the fraternising but I was definitely licking my wounds over an earlier interaction.

I really enjoyed fighting you, they were one of those things where things either worked for me or they worked for you, sometimes its not always about winning the fight its about getting out when you have less that 50 hp left :P
134365, Another great one from you as usual
Posted by Drissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not good at the who's playing who game, didn't know this was you until your goodbye post, but I'm not surprised now. You're a huge asset to the game, Jhelruk was awesome. Enjoyed our banter and was absurdly pleased with the time you dropped two five hitters and rocked me... says something that it was even fun dying to you.

Props my man, can't wait to see what's next!
134371, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Jhelruk the Living Relic, Imperial War Master
Posted by Gilver the splitz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gil doesn't care one whit about the laws - but Imperials do, and I wanted to use that against you to stir up some trouble.

I was overjoyed when you hit me in town - it was my chance to make you sweat! My goal was to break Jhelruk's unflappable confidence, get under his skin, and make him squirm! I wasn't about to let your misstep slide when I could potentially create some juicy turmoil out of it. I'm a little sad you misinterpreted my mischief as me being salty because I put a LOT of effort into that sassy letter!

Kudos for putting up with terrible odds. I had mad respect for you, even if it was concealed by a somewhat snide demeanor.
134378, enjoyed another one
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
good times, you're a hoss

dal / Rayal this time around
134387, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Jhelruk the Living Relic, Imperial War Master
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I - and if I were to speak for others - thought exceptionally well of you. This is the sort of character that makes the game better. I don't think it happened, but I (and another Imm) had recently brought up the idea of giving you a third legacy. Apparently we should have asked earlier, since the approving options more or less responded with "A duergar w/ STSF? So he's functionally been running around with one legacy? Absolutely."

Then, like always, you die any time I get near you. At one point, I remember wondering how you died so often, then noticed that it literally was only when I watched you.

Hopefully we see you again soon. Good luck!
134389, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Jhelruk the Living Relic, Imperial War Master
Cheers for the positive feedback!

I do wish you had come to me on a third legacy because Jhelruk would have asked for space and he totally would have done it better than those pesky gnomes! :)

I did have a pretty high risk level on this character and I also have a bad habbit when I get real low in con/very old age. Of testing how far I can push things, so some of the fights I did die were either that or me trying to pull of something really flashy!
134402, Really really enjoyed this character.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were legitimately my favorite character on the MUD for pretty regular periods of time. I absolutely loved snooping you, both for combat and for general gruff roleplay.

One of the things that was very telling to me was when you got anathema. I listened to multiple cabals actively bring you up regularly in terms of trying to get you to join. Not just in a “he pks” way, but in a way that showed pretty much everyone in every cabal really enjoyed you. That was impressive as hell.

Additionally, to second Jormyr’s comment, you had lots of fans upstairs. My biggest regret, and I really dropped the ball here, was a third legacy. You were my #1 person for getting a third legacy, and I entirely and completely forgot to push for it when I had the chance, so I definitely apologize for that. When I saw you killing yourself (I really hated how you finished up!) I checked and was like “Wait, did… Did we not give him a third legacy!?” so I felt pretty bad.

Really enjoyed Jhelruk though, so thanks for all the fun.

-Ish
134405, RE: Really really enjoyed this character.
Thank you again for the positive feedback.

As I said on my farewell, 3 deaths left was always going to be my stance, it was a choice I made about a month ago. Its just unfortunate that non of the villagers could cope with my superiority and kept running away. ... Ahh Jhelruk still lives on :P

Its great to hear something else was in the wings for me, and that is enough for me really. With or without it I had an absolute ball and that at the end of the day is all that matters.

I have something else planned but it might be a while before that sees fruition.

134358, You almost made it to agedeath
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
just like your last few warriors. I'm surprised and GLWYN :)
134356, Loved what I saw of you while I was playing Yanni. Well done. nt
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt