Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [None] Amdromica Perpetuia the Apostle of Vanity, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=134280
134280, (CON LOSS) [None] Amdromica Perpetuia the Apostle of Vanity, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jun 8 00:57:31 2018

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Amdromica perished, never to return.
Race:wight
Class:necromancer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:404
134308, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Amdromica Perpetuia the Apostle o...
Posted by xyfa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were awesome. Your rp was great and you were a really tough fight for me. I think the score was like 12:1 in your favour or something but I was so happy when I got that one, because you curbstomped me so baddly in most of our fights. Was really impressed by your willingness to go against the odds too - I know a lot of the time it was a ton of Fortress/Empire/Village about and you just kept going. Also big thanks for your handling of our early interactions when I had no idea what I was doing, you could've killed me a ton more times but didn't. This character made me laugh several times with the sheer level of vanity you could convey with just a few words.

Thumbs up.
134310, You rock!
Posted by Amdromica on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude you never failed to bring it. Most of the time our fights, I was like, #### if he's gonna bring it, lets do this! I got extremely lucky countless times. I encourage you to continue upon your course. Enjoy CF. Try to take some time out between fights to learn some more preps. And if anything, I was terrified you were gonna disembowel me. Maybe you couldn't disembowel a wight, I'm not sure. Disembowel kills rule though and so do you.
134288, Amdromica, the one, the true gift
That was fun. Really enjoyed this character.

The first time I used the "You there. Speak with me." I laughed out loud at my computer. I envisioned that rude, pompous and arrogant lady that wants your attention. I knew instantly that this was gonna cause emotional responses.

I interacted with almost anyone I could. I'm not timid, nor do I care if I die. I was able to take down some good kills, died a lot, laughed a whole lot.

Empire was fun. I left because I was exhausted from being a spectre. The politics were basically what I expected. Any time you are in a split vote situation and your counterpart is tattoo'd by the guy making the decision, it's kinda a no brainer. Imperial undead would have been super nice again, maybe next decade.

Some goodbyes.

Immortals in general were super awesome with Amdromica for a character whose role was less defined in paper. I am certain many of you were able to catch on to the RP I was throwing down. I was granted many IMM exp rewards for just simple RP. From the guildmasters talking to me, to my golem interacting with me, the many other gifts and interactions. Getting my tapestry was a highlight. Thank you guys.

Morius was way cool. Thanks for the tat and the RP. I really think we could have gone way way farther, but I'm happy with what we accomplished. This is bittersweet. Vanity and greed are two of my favorite spheres. And now I will have to change that to avoid routine RP. You rock on my friend, rock on.

Imms who came to Thar-Acacia and interacted with me as I ranked to hero. You two rocked as well. That tapestry was a major highlight.

Imm who came to Coral Head and talked about Imperial stuff, thanks man.

Players were cool.

Solraen is the most impressive character I have interacted with in decades. I didn't expect what I was given and I don't think you ever gave me a single item. You rock dude. Major props.

Igos was a hosscat. I was impressed by you too, but I've seen many like your build. You got my item a day late, had you found it earlier things would have been much much different.

Jenjin was cool. Very hot headed. Really the only person to put me in my place about the "You there. Speak with me." Being High Priest, I was reluctant to challenge that. I voted for you in both votes.

Tyree was cool by me. That smart ass comment from the shadows while I was fighting the Fortress. That was what I expected. I seem to be a much more aggressive player that you. I don't care to throw down. I didn't leave the Empire because of you in case that's what you assumed. Being a spectre sucks balls. The situation sucked for you after I left, good luck with all that.

The Wandering herald bard. I really enjoyed our adventures. You were like my only friend.

Luciaquos also falls into this category as well. Enjoyed our interactions. Keep trucking man.

I really enjoyed a lot of people. I try to interact with basically anyone and everyone. A lot of young imperials had the pleasure to watch me sleep. After I was a wight that was all over. We had some good battles. The Dread Lord took my girdle. That was the one interaction I would have changed in the character.

To all the lesser people Amdromica seemed to overlook, don't think she didn't notice you. I can't list them all but you as a crowd of admirers made Amdromica special. Drop a goodbye or a comment. I'll try to answer mechanics questions and share RP if possible.
134292, Good presence and character
Posted by polmier on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very solid character. We interactive with me as Durnot as well as my current.

I thought you were pretty awesome. I should have roleplayed more with you. Sometimes my roleplaying with enemies is lacking. I need to do more of it.

GLWYN
134294, Down in the water
The time I followed you down below. Man that was an ass kicking. Well done. Fighting people got a lot better after becoming a wight. I remember you saying something like I should have used the wands, and I replied, I did. At least when I was fighting you, I knew you didn't have mithril weapons.

Thanks man.
134295, My mentor
Posted by Liela on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
a pile of dust are her remains
but memories remain
and they are dear
134297, And my name was Amdromica
I enjoy talking shop. Showing people stuff. Trying to help without playing a character for you. You were always willing to listen. I wanted to show you more about the steps ahead. I could have played this character for years if wasn't for those nosy cons.

Thanks for playing. Rock on man.
134296, you were great :) (n/t)
Posted by Dihhadea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
134298, you were grate too
Good job surviving as long as you did. I can only imagine that your character was awesome to play in it's prime. Wish I would have came along two months earlier.

134300, Outstanding.
Posted by Morius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great character, Morian, and absolutely vain individual. I'm a bit sad we didn't get to finish our plan, but I'm also excessively happy with what you pulled off. You helped push the boundary of the vanity angle, and for that I am very appreciative.

“Vanity of vanities, saith Koheleth; Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.” - Ecclesiastes 1:2

“I saw all the deeds done under the sun, and, behold, they are all vanity and breaking of spirit.” - Ecclesiastes 1:14

“O vanitatem vanissimam! O caecitatem deplorandam!” - Encomion urbis Rigae Livoniae emporii celeberrimi

“For I see all things in this world to be but vanity and that deceit and covetousness prevails much, that all things are vendible, and that vice does excel virtue” – The Art of Distillation
134311, Die another day
I forgot to mention. Big props for not letting me die in that hole. I think I scored an extra kill or two post reprieve.
134302, The world's loss...
Posted by Ehlonyra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Quirky character all sorts of fun, knowledgeable but a little dangerous, that one trip to that tower place almost got me! That being said, you were also very interesting, even if you were all about you.

Was really fun to jump into things with you and just as readily play into the whole, I am the only gift worth receiving angle you had going on. It's ironic, I have interacted with others more often and some in different incarnations and despite our brief time together you did manage to outshine them. So I guess if you fake it till you feel it it might actually turn out to be true.

Well done! The world is just a tad brighter and darker for your absence. I'd try to come up with a poem for you but how could I ever do you justice?! I may try anyway. Well-played and it was fun!

Glad you had some of that too.
134312, Danger
Dangerous... psh. We man handled Octagonal tower with just you and I. That was shocking to me. That furniture room tends to melt some large parties if not done properly. We made it look like the docks of Galadon. Necro class is one of my most favored classes due to the solo capabilities add a bard and you got some serious potential.

Keep rocking bro.
134309, As Tyree, I loved me some Amdromica
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The RP angle was hilarious to watch and I enjoyed it a lot.

However it's obvious that Vanity is a tough sphere to play.

The only ppl you interact with are battle-hardened murderers and they are not the kind of ppl who're gonna play along vanity.

With my role, I chose to simply ignore the sphere vanity tells and cabal talk. So when you started with "you there", I just didn't answer. I'm sure you've noticed that.

Combatwise, I don't think it's about being aggressive, I think it's about disregarding preparation most of the time. Half of your deaths, you could've avoided easily had you chosen to prepare. Being a spectre sucks though, being aggressive spectre I'm sure was mind-numbing at times.

P.S. Your name made me cringe each time I've read it, being of orthodox culture. Andronic is the name that is mentioned a lot in my cultural environment.
134313, You there.
In the Empire I was doomed with that my attitude. The original Dread Lord and I were on the fast track to explosion. My attitude only grew when in the presence of the then Emperor. And I'm sure Solraen enjoyed the conflict between the Dread Lord and this youngling with an outrageous ego problem. When I heard that he'd been oust'd by an Imm I did a small happy dance. Then I heard the rest and I added some tap dancing. A lot of things worked out to allow Amdromica to survive as long as she did.

As for combat win ratios, you got me there. Unprep'd or even half prep'd drow spectre vs the fort ain't good odds. I don't tend to loot and with Amdromica's stats, all my eq was crap that no one wanted. I suppose it's just a difference of perspective. As long as we all enjoy it, it's a good thing we have options to choose how we want to play.

Keep trucking. I knew a guy who got banned one time. He died and I don't know him any more. The stigma associated is not one that is easy to outlive. Good luck.
134287, Really solid RP
Posted by Drissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hope you have another coming!

I wish we'd fought a bit more after you wighted. Was a bit surprised by you stomping me shortly after hitting 51, considering how much of a pushover you were before then. One of my more memorable deaths for sure, well played. :P
134289, You know this
I'm not sure if it shocked you more than me. Amdromica bragged and bragged while avoiding a rematch. Fighting Maran as a drow spectre is a nightmare. You were the only person I really didn't want to fight. That's a major compliment from me.
134285, Good consistent RP. Hate to see you go. n/t
Posted by Hoobis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
134314, If I had gotten in
to your guild. I would have tried to sleep you. Just in case there was ever any doubt.

I think we could have become allies or may that was enemies, I wasn't sure.

To know CF is to love CF, share some of that vast knowledge with people if you know what I mean. Good luck.
134315, I know.
Posted by Hoobis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There was no doubt. Also, in Velkyn Oloth, I was wary, but figured flattery might keep you from doing something rash. I asked the giant to complement your looks just to be sure. And you still tried to snatch that ring. Tsk. Tsk.

As far as knowledge goes, I share it with anyone who asks and many who don't.

Look forward to your next!
134283, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Amdromica Perpetuia the Apostle of Vanity, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked having you as an enemy (Chamst).

You stated to fight when almost all others would have logged off.

Also your to seemed incredibly consistent. I feel like you could have liched had you wished.

Glwyn.
134284, Sorry about the predictive text
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That should have said...

Stayed to fight

And

Your rp seemed consistent.
134290, Chamst
You and I came up around the same time. In over 400 hours I lost some logs. I didn't find a single log of us fighting. I did find a log of you telling me that there was something in my corpse. And the dialect you used was entertaining. Thanks for playing.