Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Leowyn the Hand of the Unseen, Godfather of Voralian City
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=134205
134205, (DELETED) [None] Leowyn the Hand of the Unseen, Godfather of Voralian City
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jun 1 17:15:15 2018

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Leowyn perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:161
134212, Wish it could've worked out better
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really enjoyed the role, and it was fun trying to figure out how to make an unconventional and somewhat underpowered build competitive.

I like to think I wasn't a complete pushover, but it was a ridiculous amount of effort and prepping just to be decent. I can see why thieves get a reputation of being griefers - trying to go toe-to-toe is tough.

The role was an Elf who wanted to be a hero, but never thought he was good enough. He'd look at a Paladin or someone like Drissa and think "I can't be that". Appreciate the pep talks (from about 8 different folks), pushing me towards the Fort anyways.

Drissa - Some of the best times in the character's life were running around with you. I am curious though.. was there a reason you couldn't induct me yourself? I thought it was odd I spent about 40 in-game hours as an applicant, and a good chunk of that was hanging out with you.
I'm assuming there was something behind the scenes, so I don't hold it against you. You're an awesome presence for the Fort.

Enemies were classy all around. After lvl 20 or so, I don't think I ever lost more than 2 or 3 items. I tried to return the favor and give you a decent fight every chance I could, even it I didn't stand much of a chance.
134222, Currently Fort policy requires interviews with both leaders
Posted by Drissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So my hands were tied, sorry. I think Aehwic and I are playing polar opposite hours right now. I'd have loved to induct you, of course you more than earned it. I even had some lines pre-written in anticipation of being able to do so, which I rarely ever do.
134208, Really bummed to see this
Posted by Drissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can sympathize with what you said on the other forums. Elf thief is hard mode.

You has a good thing going on, I had big plans for you and am sorry to see you delete. I wish you'd stuck around to get inducted and seen if it got better with fly/prot on demand, but if it's not fun it's not fun. Hope to see you on another soon!
134206, RE: (DELETED) [None] Leowyn the Hand of the Unseen, Godfather of Voralian City
Posted by Borlan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was really looking forward to mixing it up in hero PK range with you. It could have been fun but I understand why you moved on, good luck with your next.