Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Iasqi the Grand Elder of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=133896
133896, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Iasqi the Grand Elder of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Apr 28 03:52:32 2018

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Iasqi perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:shapeshifter
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:40
133897, Grrr.
Posted by Vanedyl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously. Play through the bad forms. It can be worth it in the end. Just the fact that you got a reaver shifter to final forms is an accomplishment.
133899, RE: Grrr.
Posted by Trunkarra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He had amazing forms and I'm not sure why he did this, but it makes me sad.

You were one of my only groupmates and I'm going to miss ya out there!
133910, A kind of return for me?
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Utility enlivens are terrible and so are Reaver powers for the way I prefer to play.

Forms were cobra and silverback, which to many would be a dream combo. It just wasn't a good mesh for me.

Re: leveling, I did a fair amount of soloing which while it can be tedious, can also be super easy if done correctly.
133911, RE: A kind of return for me?
Posted by Non cobra getter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ack. I just dumped a shifter because I didn't get cobra. If only there was a better way. :P
133913, RE: A kind of return for me?
Posted by Gilver on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Welcome back!

Utility seems good, if somewhat situational. What is the gold standard for well-balanced enlivens?
133914, re: greater enlivens
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To me, the "best" set of them comes from either water or air. I like utility forms the best but its hard to be a utility major over pretty much any other because of the lower impact the enlivens offer.

My old goto shifter when I played them a lot was svirf D/U.
133915, RE: re: greater enlivens
Posted by Gilver on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having never played air or water majors, those enlivens look excellent. Deftness of the falcon gives evade+dodge+dex boost, which sounds better on paper than the equivalent defense enliven.

With your svirfs, did you get much use out of Skin of the Displacer Beast or Recovery of the Snake? I've never seen the former trigger, and the latter doesn't give much regen (~7 hp).
133954, Interesting
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I believe skin and recovery work better on forms that already excel at evade and regen, but can't swear to it. Agility seems better than deftness from a dodge perspective, but again, I cannot see the code.

It's interesting that I remember in a trivia contest once it was said that air is the least chosen major. I've only taken it for deftness* and if I'm playing a char that has to be up in the air a lot. Flying with a minor form takes LOTS of mana.

Edit: *Deftness AND the one that one that makes you use less mana per tick.
133921, Disappointed to see this
Posted by Chamst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was good to have someone else around.

Think we might have got Amdromeda too if I hadn't failed telluric surge at just the wrong moment.

Which reminds me, are wights immune to thornheart?