Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Odoe Giddle the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=133845
133845, (AUTO) [None] Odoe Giddle the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Apr 25 16:23:10 2018

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Odoe perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:484
133853, I played Acra Odoe and Serris. That's why.
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just lose steam when a char gets so close to age death because it feels like I'm doing things for a lost cause. Did the same with Kycue. I do regret not giving all the talismans I had from Silent Tower to some deserving bard like Ehl (previous High Herald) before Odoe autoed.

I had a lot of fun with Odoe. Pachyderm/eagle. I never got a regen form which was disappointing to a defense/air shifter, but it proved not to be a problem. I'd not played a pachyderm before and was very impressed. Originally I wanted a porcupine (which I have played) but am glad I didn't try to roll it.

Odoe didn't bother anyone that wasn't trying to kill him unless defending a groupmate.

Of course, one of my favorite memories was killing Glik in the fortress fighting him and the warmaster. Odoe had a very IC reason to hate Glik because of something he did and the full-loot was well deserved. Props to Beront for a impactful char.

I've not played Odoe in so long, that I do not remember the names of chars from back then, even those chars I loved. I have trouble remembering names in general. So, I'd be happy if you remember Odoe to post and I'll reply.

133855, Doesn't help that shifters can't benefit from -age gear.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I'm enjoying a char enough to get as far as old age, then the last 30-40 hours are going to be the best.
133858, Yes, the age gear thing is very frustrating
I posted about it when Odoe approached age death on gameplay, but seems it would be difficult to fix and it's not seen as a big return on investment.
133867, That's funny
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
how it turns out beront was right when he identified both Serris and Odoe as yours :)
133869, It must have been tactics...
Because Beront put Odoe on ignore after I killed Glik and a week later asked "Do you know why I hunt you?" That was the first time Odoe had said anything to him that I can recall and Odoe never spoke to him again. And that was before Serris even existed.
133849, What happened? We had some good fights
Posted by Zah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Explore shifter? Those are some big hours for a character to AUTO.
133857, RE: What happened? We had some good fights
Yes. You are very tough, but I don't remember if either one of us was ever able to claim victory. I know I got you with Acra, but the cobra can really dish it out where the pachyderm involves a lot more chasing when I get the upper hand (and gore is a two-round skill). Like I said with Serris, I like Zah's RP and you're fun to talk to even as an enemy.

I was a little sad when you stepped down as commander because of having less time, then I see you on far more than Galgeron. I hope I got that right. But, I'm glad you're the commander again.
133848, Dodo!
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have a deja vu.

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=133508&mesg_id=133508

Autodeleting at 30-40 hours from age death is just offensive. Tsk tsk.