Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Galgeron Spaint the Blooded Desert Dancer
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=133702
133702, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Galgeron Spaint the Blooded Desert Dancer
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Apr 5 11:25:32 2018

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Galgeron perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:262
133714, Quite a Ride
Posted by Treebeard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you all for the interactions, fights and time spent.

Sorry I disappeared like that. Since I created Galgeron in November or so, 90% of my CF time has been at work. I have a job i can pace out, front load my work in the morning, etc. A few weeks ago we hired someone new who I'm training and sits right next to me. Work CF time went to zero. Tried to keep it going off hours at home, but I'm also planning a wedding in July, so I just didn't have the time at home and fell out of the RP.

Galgeron was extremely enjoyable, and also extremely effort-intensive to RP. He was self-loathing, conflicted, hopeful and depressed, but desperately wanted to build something better. And that was just in the role, before my IC mistakes as an applicant.

I made some bad assumptions as a player - that a healer would be hard coded not heal an app if it wasn't allowed. I figured it would be like trying to wear magic eq, where you'd just get zapped. Wrong! I thought if I was trying to heal disease/blindness etc, like you can at the shrine, I'd be ok. Also Wrong!

This is not my first villager or village leader, but I never 'tested' the above before - I think my frustrations of being a frail ass elf and longtime applicant boiled over, and so I gave it a shot. As Daph said below, I got caught and had a very long process to get a chance to be a villager after that. It was all RP'd out, and unless you think it should be a lifetime blackball if you use a healer, it all felt very fair.

Add on to all the above being a goodie rager, and a goodie criminal, well - lots of 'redemption' and 'atonement' Galgeron needed to do. Its pretty hard not to kill guards as a wanted villager, and there are more good aligned mage mobs than you'd think! Future goodie villagers, consider that mob you're about to kill for a veil item!

Beyond that, I had a great great time. I did not have a religion in mind going in, and Rahsael, I cannot say enough good things about you as an IMM and RP partner. The journey of your religion is complex, intense and incredibly rewarding, even if difficult. Thank you so much for all the time - really a pleasure.

Jormyr, I've enjoyed our interactions across multiple chars and followers, and hope to do so again in the future. Thanks for all the effort you spent on Galgeron's journey back into the village, and as the only present-ish imm Battle had.

Zah, you were there from the beginning and I'm sorry to leave you like this. Your char is so rich in terms of his personality, and you blend that well with pk prowess and perseverance. Always a pleasure to travel with you, and I hope our paths cross again when I get around to another char (probably in August!)

To all the other Villagers I interacted with, I'm sorry I wasn't around more often, and I enjoyed you all. Even Xhishi, who's the only person I tried to reject as a commander - I'd just say tone down the entitlement, but your rage was well-rp'd and you burned bright and fast.

Gilv, you were always fun to debate, and I'm sorry we couldn't tangle more once you got your quest form.

Yanni, also enjoyed our debate and fights.

There are a lot of chars I interacted with and enjoyed since November, so for those I didn't call out, just know I appreciate the time you spend in Thera and hope to rejoin you all soon.

Treebeard
Galgeron/Bashir/Goraldain/Torzen/Cainargen/Fulgrum/Thoric and many more
133715, Will be missed
Posted by Drissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We never seemed to be around together, then had a few cool interactions right before you disappeared. Good luck with wedding planning and congratulations!
133719, RE: Quite a Ride
Posted by Rahsael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really great character, and I can assure you that I enjoyed our interactions at least as much as you did. I really wish you were able to pull off that one thing we talked about, but right around that time was when your hours really dropped off.

Anyway, I'm glad you had fun!

(And assuming it's your wedding you're planning, congratulations!)
133712, Where'd you go?
Posted by Zah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was massive fan of Galgeron. It was always fun when you were online, whether it be picking fights or just interacting. I also felt we complimented each other quite well, you toned down Zah's bloodthirsty nature, whereas Zah gave you the occasional kick up the arse for being too soft-hearted.

I'm looking forward to reading your role too, I have no clue what it was about, but I did see some pretty wild echos when travelling with you.

I can only assume RL caught up with you, which is why we stopped seeing you around. Hope its nothing too serious and that we see you back soon.

GLWYN.
133708, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Galgeron Spaint the Blooded Desert Dancer
Posted by Gilver the splitz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some excellent debates early on in our rivalry.

Fighting you was always an uphill battle, so eking out even the smallest victory was something to celebrate. I never saw much of you after I learned my most recent form. I was looking forward to seeing if it made much of a difference.

Its kind of nuts just how awesome STSF is for fighting shapeshifters. It'd be nice if changing forms confounded it a little - a tiger fights differently than a falcon or a rhino, after all.

Top shelf character, I'm sad to see you go.
133704, Lame.
Posted by Relio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I fought you over a couple characters, and as an applicant you straight up cheated and violated village rules. Healing at the healer in Pico's shrine, beseeching the healer in Voralian or maybe even straight up using it for heal diseases. I don't believe you just didn't know these things aren't allowed, I think you counted on there being no active village imms.

But hey, you became a dead-beat no-show commander, so you must have done something right.
133705, If you're going to sink into the swamp...
Posted by jalbrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...maybe change your username from the one you used as an Imm.
133706, RE: If you're going to sink into the swamp...
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Are you confusing him with Raltevio?
133707, Yes, my bad. Apologies to them both. Nt
Posted by jalbrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt
133709, Easy mistake....
Posted by Relio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Given my congenial nature.
133710, RE: Lame.
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why does it make a difference whether he's an imm?

He's making specific points that are either valid or not.

I see nothing swampy.
133711, Just what an IMM posing as a mortal would say ;P nt
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I kid
133713, This was addressed IC.
Posted by Daphedee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was actually the person who caught him doing both these things (while he was an applicant), and I think if anyone picks up the PBF they'll find he didn't have an easy time getting into Battle because of it.

I can't speak for the commander part other than he won Rites and it didn't work out as well as anyone hoped.