Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yanni Sunburst the Regicidal Sorceress, Captain of the Brigade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=133332
133332, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yanni Sunburst the Regicidal Sorceress, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Feb 18 18:34:38 2018

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Yanni perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:506
133451, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yanni Sunburst the Regicidal Sorceress, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't interact much or anything, but I do want to say that you were like a favorite TV channel. I'd be sitting around thinking "Man, not much is going down...Oh hey, the Yanni is on!" and I know I'd be watching ass-kicking, one way or another.

So thanks for the fun!

-Ish
133456, You're very welcome.
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And thank you for the kind words. Yes, we never interacted, but I did interact with many of your followers. I even took a trip to your shrine once or twice. What I always heard about you was stellar. No one ever had anything negative to say about you at all. Which has made me think long and hard about making a follower. Although, I hear you want people to write and contribute to your library, and I'm not sure what I have to offer. Maybe I'll think of something. Take care.
133457, That's just because I have the haters assassinated.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Beware my book-bound might!

And yeah, a big part of the religion is writing. If you're ever curious about what sort of stuff works, all the works thus far are published within the shrine, so feel free to take a peek.

When you nova anyone who talks bad about you, it's easy to create the right crowd, bwa ha ha.

-Ish
133449, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yanni Sunburst the Regicidal Sorceress, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Kruggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

What to good ter say goodbye?! Ah tink yer was da wrecking ball of da fort specially WID others with ya. I Jes started calling ya yannerball cause I watched you take down darklongs left and right only Purifier I seen too great regicidal sorceress thanks for helping me become a Elder and all the advice expecially whun I was suddenly Elder you really helped me figure things out I didn't knows thanks overall great character and always having our backs
133455, Thanks Kruggy!
I appreciate the kind words, and I'm sorry I missed you in my goodbyes. Kruggy is coming along nicely. You roll with the punches well, and that's necessary in this game. I was so glad to see you step into a leadership position that was sorely needed, and had been vacant for quite some time. You deserve all the credit in the world. Best of luck.
133381, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yanni Sunburst the Regicidal Sorceress, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done!

Having largely been on the against you team, I enjoyed the fights! Cheers for posting the log at fort, I knew once I had got so close getting the same opportunity again was going to be next to impossible.

But part of fighting is knowing when to fight.

Enjoy the break and I hope on your return you enjoy it as much.
133402, Thanks dude. Vramun was one of my favs. nt
nt
133355, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yanni Sunburst the Regicidal Sorceress, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Marrion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ugh! Was hoping to have you part of the hunting party of the Kings and working alongside you. Wish I could have been on the tiamet hunt though.
133361, Sorry for missing out.
Yeah it really sucks you couldn't be there for Tiamat, but only like 2 people said they couldn't make it at the allotted time, so I figured I should just count my blessings that it wasn't more, and roll with it.

I really liked Marrion, btw, and I hope you meet your goals as a character.
133354, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yanni Sunburst the Regicidal Sorceress, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Serris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Yanni. If anything, I thought you were a bit cavalier when it came to other people's lives. But, most of that came from the incident in the red lair. Looking back at the log, it wasn't quite as bad as I remembered. Your response at the time, then not remembering later that it had happened soured me a little. I'm glad we worked it out before you deleted.

Thanks for organizing the Tiamat trip. It was a lot of fun! GLWYN.

As an aside, I wish Fortress wasn't so squeamish about going to Hell. I mean, it's just a bull. Get drunk first.
133360, Thanks man.
I've heard there are REAL complications when it comes to traveling to hell as a goodie. I dunno...
133351, Like I said on the other forum, thumbs way up
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really enjoyed you as Talimor, and then as many others not worth mentioning. I recommended you for Captain before I deleted and was really happy to see how you ran with it, come back with another soon! :)
133359, Thanks dude, and thanks for the recommendation! nt
nt
133349, We had some fun non-fights
Posted by Zah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very hard to kill an Invoker who doesn't want to fight. Although you did get me that one time with immolate after I fled with a chasing eagle pecking me, that was also spell bane bug days which made Invokers way tougher.

Otherwise I enjoyed antagonizing you, I knew I wasn't your enemy but that didn't stop me from striking the Maran or interupting your interviews!

Definitely a great presence and I hope you roll something again soon.
133350, Much appreciated
Yeah, Yanni just wouldn't go out of her way to fight a neutral. It would be so out of character for her to do that. I'm sure that was a little annoying, but we all gotta play our roles, right? And, yes, I was a little annoyed with you striking me while interviewing, but that's just how it goes. A ragers gonna rager. You always seemed to be out and having fun, which is what the game is about. Take care.
133335, Goodbyes
What a blast. My most fun character by a mile. It was great up until it wasn't. Fortress is stacked now, and I had very few (if any) enemies on at my play times. In theory, I could have switched my playtimes, but I value my sleep and general free time. I also accomplished basically all the goals I had with the character so, it was time.

General thoughts:

The game is more fun to me, now, then it ever has been. The smaller player base allows for much more meaningful and profound relationships. It's a more intimate game now, and I think that intrigues me a bit more than the high numbers runaround that it used to be. Or maybe I've just improved, so it seems that way, but who knows. I was lucky enough to interact with so many stellar characters, both enemy and ally, and I'm in debt to you all.

I'd also like to take a moment and thank each and every person who went on the Tiamat trip with me, That was one of my CF goals (to beat Tiamat) and you all helped me see it come true. What an epic group we had, and if I were a bard I would sing of our triumph forever.

Yanni never was meant to be a PK character. I rolled her to have some fun and explore. I really meant for her to become a more RP centered character. But when I was coming up, Empire was stacked. They had that hell-perma going, and hell gear was everywhere. They also held the orb most times when I would log on, and they were making life hell for hero range. Tribunal was also in power, and being run by like 3 evil characters. So I had to make a choice. To sit back and get owned, or do something about it.

I decided on the latter, of course, and did everything I could to take and hold the codex and Icon, as well as make life unpleasant for those evil tribs. in the end, I think it worked out. I was still able to have a whole hell of a lot of fun, while also helping to build Fortress back up. My RP suffered, but the many and endearing relationships I formed with Yanni made up for that. I found so much fun in the conversations I would have with Outlanders, heralds, villagers, tribunals, even many enemies. Up until the end, every single log in would be filled with adventure and danger and conversation and good-times. I was playing 7 hours a day for a while there. It's just not something I normally do with any game.

Goodbyes:

I met interacted with many many characters, and I'd like to shout you all out, but we all know I'm gonna miss people. Also, many people I already shouted out on their death threads, so I'll just shout out the currents.

Jeunne: You're obviously a very skilled player, and I wish you the greatest success. I'm sorry I couldn't help you get your sword, but keep at it and good things will come.

Kritori (She): I never knew if I should call you by your name or 'She'. Anyways, I'm glad you became Marshall and you seem to be one of those balls-to-the-walls type players which are so good for the game. Keep on trucking as long as you can!

Kasic: A very strong ally and another very skilled player. I loved our fight at the Maran against those Imperials. They were so outmatched, and they ran right to their doom. Keep it up, champ.

Aehwic: You're coming along very nicely, indeed. The torch is passed to you. Best of luck. :)

Rhiwe: Much like Aehwic, you're coming along as well. Stay aggressive. It's the best teacher.

Thaedan: The Captain before me. I just wanted to say you were someone I admired. You were super aggressive, when Empire may have been at their strongest. I learned a lot from you.

Serris: We had some epic adventures. Sorry about the Red Lair. Best of luck!

Aiya: Much like Serris, we had some pretty awesome adventures, and you were always someone who was fun to be around. Take care!

Wakazoey: You were a lot like a Buon to me. An exemplary Imperial. Never one to back down. Even when you probably should have ;)

Glik: You know... I really hated you when I started. But now, I don't think you're all that bad. At least you don't seem to be involved with that perma stuff. You would even attempt to retrieve at some really ####ty times for you, which is pretty commendable. The day you take that chip off your shoulder and stop taking things so personal, is going to be the day that CF gets a really good player.

Undaraxyl: We had a love/hate relationship, I think. It's funny. I HATE your playstyle... But I think it's because it's too similar to my own. ;)

Garfuka: I know I said I was only gonna shout out currents, but DAMN did you leave an impression on me. Well done, again. You really earned it.

Immortals:

Rahsael: You made probably the biggest impression on me, the player, over anyone else. I really get a sense that you care greatly about bringing the CF experience to life. I wish I was better at RP because I would have liked to give back to you a little bit of what you were giving to me. Which is a lovely/creepy feeling. I got the sense that you were perhaps trying to pull me to your religion, and a part of me wanted to go, but it would simply be WAY too out of character for Yanni. Thanks for the good times.

Korsgaard: You are a FANTASTIC addition to the high heavens. I really like the way you handle Fortress, and how you give a damn about goodies killing goodies. Thanks for allowing me to serve as Captain, and I hope you stick around. You're great for the game.

Whiysdan: Thanks for the alcohol. :)

Lastly, I just wanted to thank all of you, again, for a wonderful experience and my most fun and accomplished character ever. Take care, and I'll see you all some time in the future.

133336, The day you stop being a scaredy cat
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
is going to be the day that CF gets a really good player :)
133337, Enough is enough, Boris.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Let the man play however he enjoys playing.
133338, don'n tochz him nt
Posted by He said de truth boriz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
133341, Enough is enough, Murph
Let me post however I enjoy posting.
133344, Go on dikk.
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even murphy is telling you to do it.
133339, You spent entire log-ins hiding from me, as Grokko.
And that was before I had shields. When you were supposedly in your prime at lvl 30 or so. And yet you continue to open your mouth and spout nonsense. I normally ignore you, but I figured I'd remind you how you used to #### your pants when I would log on with your favorite go-to character for promoting your pk ability.

It got to the point where you wouldn't even fight me. You'd just run immediately when you saw me in area. I'll see if I have any logs of it. Again, this is pre-shields. So like lvl 25-35.
133340, Logs, plx
I don't even remember you being around.

Edit: I have check Grokko's logs, I have only seen you online on 28 april and 1st May of 2017. And you weren't in PK range. So when you make things up, try better.
133345, I checked.
I only have one log of us fighting. And it was post-shields.

I don't keep logs that are uninteresting. And considering, after I smacked you into the ground a few times, you stopped fighting me so I was never able to land the kill. Beatdown with no kill logs aren't exactly something I care to keep. I'd be flooded with logs if I kept them all. My bad. Pre-quicksand invoker is difficult to land kills with. Anyways, you can deny it, and I'm sure you will, but I remember quite vividly the many times you tried your normal goblin schtick, but once you found out you couldn't trip me into the ground like everyone else the rest was easy.

So whenever you say anyone is a ####, all I have to do is remember the palpable fear I could smell from you whenever I was in the area.

I'll post the one log I have of us so you can go ahead and throw that "you were never in my range" garbage out the window.

Now. I'm done with you, and I'm done with this conversation. I'm going to go ahead and continue ignoring your inane babel again.
133347, So pre-shields is garbage as well
NT
133348, Please post logs of me not doing anything.
Posted by Relio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Makes sense.
133343, Do not feed the troll
Posted by Food for thought on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
^
133342, Traveler Kingslayer!
Posted by Zidiri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish I had known you in your younger years, we could have had some incredible adventures. I'm glad I caught some time with you in your old age. You were great!
133346, Thanks dude!
I knew I forgot one or two Heralds in my goodbyes. Sorry about that. You were one hell of a competent healer, and I, too, am sad we didn't get to travel more. I thank you so much for your participation in the Tiamat trip. It will live on in my memory as one of my most fun adventures all time. Take care and keep on being awesome. :)
133352, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Thaedan: The Captain before me. I just wanted to say you were
>someone I admired. You were super aggressive, when Empire may
>have been at their strongest. I learned a lot from you.

Feeling was mutual. We didn't get to spend a ton of time together, but I liked what I saw. Surprised to hear you describe me as "super-aggressive", though. If anything, I feel like I often err in the opposite direction.

Out of curiosity, what % of your kills would you estimate involved quicksand? That's an honest question; not any kind of knock on you. I've never played a hero invoker.
133358, Probably somewhere in the 60-70% range...
If I had to guess.

I don't feel bad at all for using quicksand. It's an EXTREMELY effective tool as an invoker. The trick is getting people to go where you want them to go. There's a real art to it.

As far as you being aggressive, maybe it was just my playtimes aligning with your aggressive times, but I remember you constantly fighting or looking for enemies. Hell, you helped me get my first kill by scouting out that assassin. Anyways, thanks again.
133408, RE: Probably somewhere in the 60-70% range...
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Hell, you helped me get my first kill by scouting out that assassin."

That's what I did when there was nobody to hunt. Or, at least, nobody I could find and/or kill. I'd first look for applicants to help. If there weren't any of those around, then just any random good-aligned character. Sometimes that meant getting them gear, but I was much happier if I could help them get an EPK.
133366, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Rahsael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Yanni, and I'm glad you enjoyed our occasional interactions. I sure did. And yeah, I'm not above stealing other gods' followers. Bwahahaha!

Team Good just lost a big PK and RP powerhouse, and probably a CF-morality guidepost. I hope someone else takes the reins soon. You play some pretty solid characters. Hope to see you around again soon!
133367, Thanks man. Keep on being awesome. nt
nt
133429, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You definitely know your way around the invoker class and that was fun to watch. I'm sorry that things didn't work out on the religion front for ya, but I did enjoy watching you (probably did so a lot more than you knew).

Cheers!

=w=
133441, Yeah...
I've clearly got a lot of work to do on the religion front. But hey, that's just another goal I'll have with my next. I think maybe giving myself a specific task or set of tasks to accomplish in character might be the way to go.

Anyways. I still had fun and Yanni was rolled specifically to be a Whiysdan follower, so I wasn't gonna go jumping ship. lol

Take care.