Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Rodonar the General
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13308
13308, (DEL) Rodonar the General
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Dec 22 11:21:07 2002

6 o''clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of Futility on the Theran calendar Rodonar perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:284
PK Ratio:52% (closer to 100% is better)

13309, It was fun for a while...
Posted by Rodonar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But in the end my days were becoming a routine of "do some reequipping, maybe some raiding, die to 3+ bashing/tripping Scions/Nexites. I had intended to play through to condeath, but I was down to 11 con and finding I was getting more pissed both with the dying and with myself for often dying in very stupid ways. Had I known half a dozen ragers would delete right after I got 48th, I would have picked something that would help against gangs for my second legacy. As it was, I had Autumn Harvest and Balance of the Sisters, but they were both of limited use when I was bashed and tripped too much to move. 80% of the time near the end, I was the lone rager in hero range. I kept trying, but I felt I was having trouble holding character, and it just wasn't working. I'm amazed my pk ratio is over 50%.

This is the first rager I've played since Thror was mortal leader, and the first whip/flail spec I've played, though I've played a bunch of warriors before. Though mace is a more safe spec, I wanted to play it as more of a flail spec, and teach myself more about how it's best used, or avoided. This also means I hadn't played a scout before. I really enjoyed it, when I wasn't being ganged. When I was, I really wished I was a berserker, so at least I could hope for a few deathblows to go off, or even a defender so when I did slip away, I could heal myself a bit and not die to bleeding and such things.

Among others, I played Sporial, Brotmin and Phinitz before this. This character didn't have as complex a role as Sporial or Phinitz, and in fact didn't have a written role, but that isn't to say he didn't have a personality and a role I played in him.

On to the farewells... if I forget you, my apologies, it's not intentional.

Immortals:

Intronan: Was interesting finding out a few things from you, not that you seemed to pay much attention to me.

I rarely heard almost from the rest of you, but I suppose not writing down a role gets that, these days.

Warlock:

Zacerzan: Those punches freakin hurt... good fights, in general, though.

Delmuio: You showed some guts, though I don't believe you ever got me.

Talfos: Some good tries at fights, though unless they were in the Village, neither of us was in any real danger most times.

Nexus:

Lurdonis: Had plenty of good fights with you, hated when you got Fist, but even so I usually handled you.

Bourndich: That one ambush on the eastern was painful, but well done.

Faerk: I hate blackjack.

Mernon: Some good fights.

Entropy:

Talin: Damn, you were annoying, jumping in on a few fights to slaughter me. Well done anyhow, though.

Scion:

Lar: You seem like a damn good fighter from the few fights we had. Keep it up.

Kratilaire: Your taunting got annoying, but you did teach me a few tricks of quicksand that aren't likely to catch me again. Damn, I hate quicksand.

Battle:

Grogim: I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just usually on at times I'm not. I almost never saw you, and considering how much I played, that was very annoying. I had an applicant pledged for something like a month, and he barely got a word from you.

Drahk: Congrats on getting Captain, you deserve it. Well played and courageous... and flippin beastly.

Koaeb: Good to have you back in, after you working a long time at it. Cloud giant mana makes being a defender hard, but it was still great having you around, both for your powers and your courage.

Anyone who wants to can email at tralish@yahoo.com

Happy holidays to all.

13315, RE: It was fun for a while...
Posted by Bourndich on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, the one ambush I really ever got to work heh.
You ragers just handed me my ass on a regular basis,
But hey I thought you did an awesome job.. keep it up.
Bourn
13314, RE: It was fun for a while...
Posted by Intronan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I watched you a bit more than you probably think. I saw your first spec as whip/flail, and thought to myself, let's see how he does with this. You did well, much better than I would have thought. You had it pretty tough, but you always stuck it out, solo, or not. Good job.
13313, Thanks...
Posted by Koaeb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To have a compliment like that from a player of your caliber means an awful lot. I've interacted a bit with Brotmin, a lot with Phinitz and a bit with Sporial. Rodonar was just as good. Good luck on your next.
13312, RE: It was fun for a while...
Posted by Lurdonis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you more than most of the villagers. We had quite a few good fights, most of which ended with one of us getting away from the other one convulsing. I think we only actually managed to kill each other once apiece, when you and gholrhun got me in a raid and when me and talin got you outside the village, that seem right?

Anyway, you were a nice opponent, good luck with everything.
13311, Little bastard svirf
Posted by Kragnar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn you and your whips. I talked a lot of crap when you were younger and said that I would smush you in an instant...then all of a sudden you were hero...and kicked my ass in the first fight. A fun guy to match up with and fight. Keep them comming.
13310, RE: It was fun for a while...
Posted by Talin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yas is one uh the few ragers I ever had respec' fuh. Yas was always about through thick 'n thin. Another thing I liked 'bout yas was that ya didn't always hang in the village wit' overwhelmin' odds. Yas had gumption 'n stuff. Sorry I didn' know ya better 'n took advantage uh all them times yas was bein' assaulted by udders. Ya don' know how often I cursed myself fuh not attackin' the scions what was attackin' yas rather 'n helpin' 'em out. Only battle I was really proud uh 'gainst yas was 'at one wit' Lurdonis, that was fun! Anyways, yas was always about through thick 'n thin 'n ya never got all whiny which is unusual in them villager types, usually once I take advantage uh situations like that they always whine because I aint got no honor, which I gots bunches uh, just I keep it away for more tactical moments. Anyways, t' sum it up, if ya stayed around longer I prolly woulda ended up helpin' ya out with yas re-equippin' 'n yas battles. Wish ya didn't have t' go, them ragers need more people wit' yas kinda fortitude 'n capacity fuh crap.
13316, RE: (DEL) Rodonar the General
Posted by Namuzi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn! I chill for the weekend, come back and everyones dead or deleted, WTF!!!

I have too say, you were real cool, didnt get too know you extremely well with this character, but you did reccomend me (or at least you said you were going to). I did however fight alongside you with a previous villager and I know that you are a good, and brave fighter. Hope you return to the Village soon.

13317, RE: (DEL) Rodonar the General
I believe I was going to recommend you, then they put in the pledging system. It was good having you in, though. But if you find it rough at 40, better brace yourself... hero range is really rough.
13318, RE: (DEL) Rodonar the General
Posted by Rustanviel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dammit... I want to go to bed because I have to drive 12 hours tomorrow, but I keep seeing friends that are gone. I had a hell of a time when we fought off seven enemies in the village that day, with just the two of us. Of course, it helped that Yhorian's devil attacked him. One of the many great defenses of my life. The other most of note was when I logged on, and caught a group of five with their pants completely down and fiended them all, and four of them fell. You were the furious little man. The village will be less without you.
13319, The village must have caught West Nile...
Posted by Kierning on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All of y'all are dropping now. There must be half a dozen in the last week and a half.

What did I think of Rodonar? Well, for most of my time, he was sitting there around 35, and always the piss-ant who'd come retrieve the head once we took it. Then you levelled up to 40...then 41...still couldn't fight with you. Finally you hit hero range and we fought a few times. One thing I could have done with less of, was ragers cranialing me during raids. sheesh. You were no exception.
The only time we fought outside a raid was when I got word from a drow assassin that you were plagued and sitting near Udgaard. Gotcha there :D And sorry for not being around to talk afterwards. I got a phone call within a minute of you dying, and went link-dead because of it. I only took your weapons. Anything else was the drow.

You fought well.
13320, RE: The village must have caught West Nile...
That death really sucked. I was something like 2 hours away from the end of the plague, so I was way into negative mana and movement. I really didn't have a chance. I don't blame you for killing me, but it did piss me off that I couldn't speak to you after. These things happen, though.
13321, RE: The village must have caught West Nile...
Posted by Assassin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even I felt sort of icky after engineering that fight.
13322, What the? Why ragers all delete?!? (Not that I don't mind ;))
Posted by Vortigern on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done overall...you sticked around when we were in powers. You and I fought a lot but I think I nevel fell to you...perhaps once...though I have a bad memory. Those witherings were handy ;)

See ya in another life!
13324, RE: What the? Why ragers all delete?!? (Not that I don't mind ;))
Posted by Blasd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cuz dey gun'a rol da zionz nav.
13323, RE: What the? Why ragers all delete?!? (Not that I don't mind ;))
Well done yourself. You were willing to fight alone, even when there were other Scions around. You fell once to me that I recall, if it counts, in raiding with other ragers. In general, it's hard to kill a shaman unless you can deathblow, or they're really fighting it down to the edge. Those witherings, more often than not, didn't make me drop anything... but that word was pretty handy for you.
13325, RE: (DEL) Rodonar the General
Posted by Deveskrius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You shall be missed as a foe, miniature lion :(. Nuff said.
13326, RE: (DEL) Rodonar the General
And you as well. You were one of my favorite opponents, through all this character's lifetime. A shame I didn't see you much in the late part of it.
13327, Well done...
Posted by Anith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From the time you caught me sleeping underwater in my mid 30's ranks, Ive always been impressed with you. You were fun to fight and showed true courage. A worthy foe indeed. Take care.
13328, RE: Well done...
Posted by Anith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You fought well, though those last few fights with the horde really didn't show much... you were smart to use that ability the last time I died to you, it kept me from getting away cleanly and really was what spelled my death. Keep at it, and... try not to always be with 5 others? *chuckle*
13329, Er... this is from Rodonar. %28n%2Ft%29
n/t
13330, My friend
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rodonar, You were by far one of Guenrayn's most watched, and most loved villagers. Guenrayn had a lot of respect for Rodonar, as he wanted to be like him growing up, and then, as I advanced past ya, and spent more time around, I wanted you to be successful. I think you did an awesome job, I'm just sad that the village has lost so many so quickly. Grogim has his work cut out for him.

Minyar aka Guenrayn
13331, Woo-hoo!
Posted by Blasd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can't imagine, how pissed I was when you, slept, full maledicted, got saved by Gholrhun and that retart warlock-eagle (why couldn't he wait till I finish off you, Gholrhun hurts me well, and he could slay and me, and Gholrhun).
Enjoyed you, despite that I dispespect any villager of this time.
Anyways, one more foe fell to the Night. :)