Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [BATTLE] Ugnarl the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=133030
133030, (AUTO) [BATTLE] Ugnarl the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 7 11:14:42 2018

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Ugnarl perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:105
133067, RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Ugnarl the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Ugnarl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you Zah, Galgeron, and Svakas for the kind words!

I rolled Ugnarl because 1) there were about three members in Battle and 2) A minotaur slot opened up, and I do love RP'ing some minotaur.

So I decided to do what I could to help. Thank you to whichever IMM inducted me after my interactions with Tahren. I quickly realized I would not want a leadership position due to the fact about half of the players can't understand minotaur speech or don't want to try, and the thought of giving interviews like that gave me no joy...so I dug in and tried to "lead from the middle of the pack." Hence defender path.

I was sphere protection and my goal was to protect my adopted "herd." My build ended up being pretty solid for PvE and helping with ranking--sword/hand whispers/cry of thunder. Yes I was tanky, yes I was durable, and yeah I could heal to full in a short time while saving field dressing mana for group mates, but it was far too one-sided a build to be satisfying.

My build couldn't have been any worse for PK. I don't think I got a single kill at hero, or even could have given the best of circumstances. I would never take hand to hand again--very niche, I used stun once or twice, pummel was meh when you had flurry, and crushing blow was completely unreliable for lag in PK.

If I had taken sword/axe instead, I think I would have had more fun and probably stuck around...but my logins, RP/friendly interactions aside, were just tortuous. At a certain point I just stopped trying to PK mages at all and instead focused on setting up kills for the other villagers who had a shot at actually sealing a kill.

Also I forgot how much depends on your ability to speak properly, from quests to areas that you can't get into/out of with minotaur speech. Had a few deaths come that way.

Zah: Great commander, I love that you stepped up and built the cabal back up in a matter of weeks. Always helpful and considerate, with a solid chunk of borderline out of control rage and violence tossed in for good Village rp. Always a pleasure to run with you.

Svakas: Oh Svakas, my friend, great job. Congrats on DM! No hard feelings on the misunderstanding with that one situation where I stunned the fellow for you, and you let him wake up and whomp on me while I had no intention of fighting. ;-)

Galgeron: Comeback kid, yo! From a fellow with a somewhat dubious IC history, who overcame those things to get into Battle, then toughing out playing a GOOD aligned villager (I've only done this once and ugh, it was rough.) And then, finally to Commander. Looking forward to seeing how you handle the additional responsibilities of leadership as well as your good alignment, should lead to some interesting IC interactions for sure.

Sprobisk: You deleted the day Zah had decided to make you Drillmaster, after Zah and I had tons of conversation about who it should be, and we were patting ourselves on the back for finally coming to a good decision. :-P

Thanks for the fun, I'll be back to the Village someday don't worry. I promise it will be something that can kill mages next time, for my own sanity's sake.

Ugnarl, Albino Beast of Battle

133062, Ugh, sad. I loved Ugnarl.
Posted by Galgeron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You shall be missed! Come back soon now, us elves live a long time.
133032, RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Ugnarl the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Svakas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed Ugnarl, and as Zah said, I had you pegged for battle leadership. You had solid knowledge, and were skillful in PK and exploring.

I also wanted to apologize on the whole Zivryr thing. I didn't realized that we could act like that, and before I had any confirmation, he was up and moving. That was the last time I got to see you, so you get the apology here instead.

GLWYN!
133031, Saddened to see this
Posted by Zah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had hoped you would pick up one of the two leader roles at the Rites. You seemed very switched on in terms of Battle behavior and were always willing to help others.

For reference I did recommend you for DM and it was seriously considered, but since the Rites were so close I think it easier just to wait.

I also hope our last little argument didn't put you off. OOC i agreed with you completely but IC Zah had his reasons (some of which you were involved with).

Anyway, all the best with your next.