Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Quamlu Leuk-Siodore the Legend of the Battlefield, Drillmaster of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=132818
132818, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Quamlu Leuk-Siodore the Legend of the Battlefield, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Dec 14 06:58:55 2017

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Quamlu perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:138
132836, Oh, and to share my inspiration..
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Years ago I played a tabletop RPG called Werewolf by Whitewolf. This had a bunch of spin offs, one of which was the Bastet, who were the werecats. This picture always resonated with me and screamed Felar, so I tried my best to play a Qualmi (yup, name inspiration too).

132835, So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, where to even start. This was the longest 136 hours I could have imagined, and it really drug out at the end. Mostly I think because I was torn if I truly wanted to keep plugging away at CF or refocus my time to spend with my 9 month old son.

Thanks Bakrmarr for fixing that dilemma for me!

My final death was a few weeks ago. Everything was hunky dory, and I was going to move on Bak near Udgaard like Trump on "her" Billy Bush style (This was before the huge weapon and I had gotten comfortable fighting giant aps). I get to Udgaard (Bak's hunting grounds), and my wife comes storming out of my kiddo's bedroom, super pissed and my 9 month old is wailing in the background. Before I engage Bak, I tell them that I would fight with them later, but I cannot right then. I get summoned two or three times and I try to move away. Eventually Bak corners me as I am trying to make it to a safe room in Ayr'Trinil and kills me. I could not think enough to fight because I have an irate son and more irate wife because I was playing CF. At that moment, the game really died for me. Then hearing about all the full loot bull #### that was going down when I was gone, really made me not want to log back in. Sorry for the bitchfest, but that was the straw that broke the camels back.

But moving past that..

I am not really a great pker, I know it. The kills I do get are usually due to luck, and playing a dagger spec was no different. Because of this I really tried to force the Village to be a rock solid RP cabal. I really appreciate everyone that rolled with it. I really enjoyed the build: Dagger/Hand Whirlwind/Cry. I wanted to see if Bloodthirst haste would kick in for whirlwind, but I never got the hang of BT, and I usually wig out when I don't know my stats. The whole premise was to try and get Deathblow to fire as much as possible by taking a legacy that got more hits to go off or land. To do this I had to maximize my dex and minimize other folks. I was basing a lot of assumptions that BT canceled all of -effects from maledicts, but I later I think I found out it was only the -str affects. So this did little to keep my dex high for Whirlwind. Were I to try this build again, I would most likely go arial mace/dagger cry/whirlwind.

Onto the goodbyes then!

The Battle and the Leadership Carousal
Phelzis: I really liked you. I know 3/4 of the playerbase hated you, but I really dug your RP and your spin on the Village. I took a lot of things from you and incorporated them into my time as the DM. I think people hated me for it, but too bad for them.

Relugtar: We ranked up and hunted together. You were a beast. I was super stoked to follow you as a commander. Then when you deleted after ousting Phelzis boy did I lose it. It seemed a really petty and ####ty thing to do, wrecking someone else's fun because you disagree with them. When you took commander, I took it upon myself to start playing out the DM, even without the title.

Zergul: Boy buddy were we going to "Make the Village Great Again!" Our plan for me to attend to the heart and soul of the village and you to the war seemed like it had a great chance of success.... Well, you took the ####ing wind out of my sails when you up and deleted.

Zah: I liked you as well, and you came up just behind Zergul and I. Sorry I didn't have a desire to try and be a DM for a third Commander. Good luck, and keep kicking ass out there!

Everyone else, I really enjoyed our interactions. I really appreciated those of you who really took the time to bring the Village Legends to life. I learned as much as I taught from those stories. And to those of you who fought me tooth and nail over it, ugh. RP is half of the game.

Empire (And Anathemas), aka god I hate Centurions
Glik your a hoss. I didn't really have a good way with dealing with you other than trying to drive you off with shear dps. Didn't work usually. Keep trucking man, and keep it classy. I appreciate your sense of sportsmanship.

Rhosodryn: I want to lump you up there with Bak as super ####ty characters. Sure, it was probably half my fault for continually suiciding trying to retake the head but you were a multikilling cunt. IMHO.

Hokror: God venoms is a bitch. You stopped showing up about the time that it went viral (see what I did there?) on QHCF, and folks gave me some pointers on how to combat malice.

Glaumn: Damn Twist. You got my respect.

Mostly from Empire it was all class, and after Zergul told us to stop raiding, and to focus on mages, we all passed each other like ships in the night, unless you were a mage.

Outlander: I had almost zero interaction with you guys, unless you were a shifter and I would run after you until you camo'd. Afterwhich I would just say #### it.

Trib: I tried to play a neu neu character as much as I could. If I could get away with murder I would, otherwise I respected the law.

Marzett: Thanks for being willing to leave towns to throw down. You didn't have to, and it would have been good and all. It was a rough match up for you, as Whirlwind on a fairly high dex vs giant is pretty tough.

Cerybis: Keep trucking mummy dude. Hardly saw you, got my one kill on you (see QHCF logs) and for the most part we kind of let each other be. See above, you stayed in town, I didn't raise too much of a ruckus.

Forties:

Krazcart: you crazy dwarf! I liked your style and gusto. I wish you would have been around more, and longer, but that was a pretty rough build you had and I didn't envy you, watching how different our characters were with the same spec in the 20s and 30s.

I had minimal interaction with the rest of Fort, other than coordinating a raid on empire or scarab here or there.

Scarab:

Underaxyl: You are one scary mofo, and I will leave it it that.

Ereo: You were a ROUGH match up for me, and pretty competent. I don't know how I got you the few times I did. Thanks for keeping me on my toes when walking down eastern road.

GSV:
Garfuka: You were probably the bane of my existence. Its funny how our feud took hold, with me coming after mages as you and Scarab were raiding the Fort numerous times. You would get pissed as would drive off your support when trying to kill an Elf or two. And that pretty much led to all out war. How you were never marked by Battle Imms is beyond me, but after the 10th or more time of taking the head I was like this is crap. GSV is a ####ty place to have to retrieve from, even as a hero.

Entrowhat: Is there a point of this cabal? Is there anyone in it?

Imms:
Korsgaard: I really liked the premise of your religion, and thought it was really cool and that I could reshape my past to follow you. But then the reality hit I doubt I would be able to accomplish much of those tasks as a villager. I really appreciated your offer to make my own list in a similiar vein, but I know dropping Glik, Underaxyl, and Garfuka would be near impossible for me.

Drop a line if you have anything to say (or if I missed you), and I will reply for awhile, but I think it is time for me to hang up CF. I was just chatting the other day with a friend about how I really get into making background stories and theorycrafting CF, but when it comes time to put it into action I really just have lost my desire. I am sure I will be back, and probably sooner than I would like, but for now I need to take the time to really focus on my family as my little tyke is really getting going right now.
132845, RE: So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Posted by Cerybis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, that fight was horrid on my end. I didn't realize you would do 1400hp in just a few rounds. After that I realized that I couldn't make silly mistakes by not prepping at least a little because that
completely surprised me.

I really wanted to fight with you again but Cerybis isn't the type to openly hunt non-criminals unless you've done something to deserve her ire. You were a strong but I really wanted to redeem myself for that unprepped fight because that was just silly on my part.

GLWYN

P.S.

Playing with babies is very difficult! GL with your new addition.
132847, Dude, you will never regret it.
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have a five year old. For reasons unrelated to CF, I was unable to spend as much time with him when he was younger as I wanted. I'll regret it forever. You'll never get those moments back if you miss them. Enjoy your baby and GLWYRL!
132828, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Quamlu Leuk-Siodore the Legend of the Battlefield, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Zah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thought this might be coming, hadn't seen you in a long time.

I really wanted to get you more involved in the leadership of the Village but it felt like our times never aligned.

Thank you any for your support and help in the early days though. Both you and Zergul taught me tons and many lessons I've passed on as Commander.

Good luck with your next.
132821, Oi!
Posted by Korsgaard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dawgonnit. I had hoped to see you rally to the challenge, but alas...

Congrats on being the first to find the shrine in record time :P

Good luck with your next!