Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tahka the High Wizard of the Arcane, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=132330
132330, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tahka the High Wizard of the Arcane, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Sep 15 09:09:52 2017

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Tahka perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:134
132332, Now I really sad to see you go. n/t
Posted by I for I on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
132331, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tahka the High Wizard of the Arcane, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Vezrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I demand an explanation for this one!
132333, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tahka the High Wizard of the Arcane, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by lochlan / tahka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you saw my thread with lochlan, and losing my cool and composure especially with the morons and that isnt something I normally do. In florida I had still not heard from my two sisters. I did finally the second one yesterday, but my anxiety was getting severe, and depression and more. I couldnt play tahka. I could not do his calm / overly logical as a hot mess, also with losing my cool it was bleeding on my char with lack of sleep and stupidity too.

between this, and outlander suddenly having 5 to 6 outlander heroes on at once, or 4+ very often with no enemies to speak of except adriac (and I loved adriac btw sorry man). Will was lost as well as not being able to keep it together to play the char, so made something light with no role, nothing hard at all. Just because that is all I can handle right now.

sorry for being a dissapointment, but it was needed
132384, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tahka the High Wizard of the ...
I liked Tahka and was really liking where our love/hate relationship was headed. I felt like we were building something of a rivalry that would have no doubt lead to more interesting interactions down the way and Tahka was a pretty big force to be reckoned with.

I really hope everything works out for you in RL... Definitely a wise move to do what's right for you as a player above all else, as it is just a game in the grand scheme of things and 'fun' should always be at the forefront. If it becomes a stressful chore, it's about that time to move on.

... I just wish the rest of Outlander didn't sign up for your suicide-pact as well!
132388, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tahka the High Wizard of the ...
Posted by tahka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hugs

im sorry for the rest of outlander pretty much bailing it looked like

I did really need the less stress part. Thankfully also mother in law and little sister was in maine for maria, and the older sister was fairly unscathed etc.

Not much damage and worst things to happen was no power for a while and rotting food. I just cant handle that level of stress for that long without taking its toll anymore.

not young eh

the char wasnt stressful, nor was the position. But I have my own beliefs of what I leader should live up to as far as standards, and that is a personal level.

How a leader is can make or break a cabal. It doesnt mean they have to be a great killer, greatest rp'er, but it has to be someone that makes people say hey, I would play in that cabal with that guy being a leader in it.

With outlanders 3 branches and butting heads, it becomes a bit more of a challenge especially with keeping the peace. Also my char HAD no rivalry with yours. Tahka did have a task that killing you would have served as part of it, but tahka saw you as a very great person for the tree and thar eris, and ruining that would have had a negative impact.

You do good, so on my end sorry was no love hate relationship. My char had no problems being there for yours at any time and held more respect for you that probably every other of the tree (except thorawyn, due to his tenacity though other things of him are questionable hehe)

again im sorry about the tree I really am. It is dissapointing to see the dropoff of power almost as fast as it gained it for alot of the members. Especially vaelys who I thought would replace me :(

anyway im out. hugs. and take care
132392, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tahka the High Wizard of the ...
Power swings come and go just as quickly as they start, no fault of yours.

Main thing is that you're having fun with whatever you're playing, so good job on acknowledging that it wasn't fun anymore and deleting rather than holding down a leader spot.

Good job and keep em' comin'!