Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Irikdriby Gravelbelly the Lurker, Bartender of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=132184
132184, (DELETED) [HERALD] Irikdriby Gravelbelly the Lurker, Bartender of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Sep 7 01:21:04 2017

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Irikdriby perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:thief
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:110
132240, Bon Voyage
Posted by Seriphax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dribby was lots of fun to play. I wanted a more RP based character that was melee based but could still identify things well, as my item knowledge is still fairly poor. I succeeded at that, if a little too well. Because I was unfamiliar with all of the path abilities I ended up with three different abilities that all were on par with identify, and a severe lack of combat efficacy. PK-wise that didn't really matter as Dribby wasn't an aggressor whatsoever, but it made it really difficult to solo explore and find all the things that I wanted to without dying. I tried to plan my thief points out strategically, focussing on exploration but still having combat relevance, but as my first thief the misplaced points were almost inevitable. Luckily this characters fun was derived from interacting with others and spreading cheer and spirits, so there was still a lot to live for. I was a pretty regular attendee of the Short Story Contests, which were always good fun, these kind of communal events really enrich our experience, so thanks to Ishuli and any of the other Imms that attended or run similar events.

First Lastname on a character, thanks to whomever unlocked it. I'm not sure what the general criteria are for lastnames, though. I always stay in character, but I have seen several very young characters (>50 hours) that seem to get their Lastname rather quickly. Perhaps I need to be more exciting or somesuch, but at this point in not skilled or knowledgable enough to even hunt others, so I try to excel in other ways. In any case, it would be interesting to know what imms are looking for to reward a lastname. Getting the Lastname actually gave me inspiration to play Dribby at a time when my interest was starting to dwindle. I would have liked to keep going, but my lack of combat abilities was a bit discouraging.

Goodbyes:

Aiya- I always liked when we were on together, as I knew that we would enjoy some fun and some meaningful RP. I really wish we could have seen our event ideas come to fruition, but as time went on I started to lose my direction with Dribby, it seemed as though you had lots on your plate OOCly as well, and our times started losing sync.

Vronwei- Good times, you were really helpful and fun to play with. Appreciated all the gear and company. Our times also started to lose sync after awhile, but you were a great fixture in the characters life. Wish we could have had more time together, but you were Hero for as long as Dribby had been around, and getting there to be less than a liability was starting to become frustrating.

Ishuli- I always enjoyed the contests, thanks to you and Sarorad for running them. It was definitely helpful in understanding the potential dynamics of running an event. My next Herald should be better off for attending. Dribby was a bit free spirited to become a follower, but I can see that we have overlapping areas of interest and will definitely be rolling something with you in mind for the future. Keep up the great work, and thanks if it was you that lastnamed me, it was a gratifying experience.

Whiysdan- or 'The Whisydan' as Dribby called you. I hope you got that the improper spelling was intentional. I thought it would be a funny spin on my own first glance pronounciation of your name, but I know that it can be risky to screw up someone's IC name at the best of times. We didn't really get to interact very much, which was likely more my doing than anything, but I did have fun with the limited time(?)s that we did. I didn't especially understand how to approach your religion, and despite some good advice from one of your best followers (to my knowledge) that made my attempts somewhat tentative. In any case I had fun, regardless of actual face to face time. Thanks for all that you put in to the game, which I know is more than any of us see.

Illaeth- As I said in your own death thread, you were awesome. I learned tons about not only the Zealots but of the Citadel as well from you. I won't even go in to item/area knowledge, which you seem to have engrained into your consciousness. This character is where I got to see your consistency with regards to RP, which was at its worst very solid. Thanks for remembering old Gravelbelly when you brought justice to that stinking duergar king, and GLWYN.

Guais- we also got to have lots of nice lounging sessions with each other. If you were to ask Dribby, he could have never guessed that you were in fact evil. One of my favorite moments in our history was when you totally let loose at the Short Story Contest when I brought copious amounts of Leftover's Grog. You played a hilarious drunk that day, at least from my perspective.

Aroyv- I enjoyed our ongoing relationship. Your character was mostly polite, and dedicated to your study. In that I felt compelled to help you drive along your own narrative, and that's why it was no sweat to give up the Viper pendant when you were looking for one. I hope your ongoing journey is fruitful, good luck with your continued research ;)

Grokko- I really enjoyed our banter and such following your 1v3 attempt on my group in the Maus. After you killed me back outside of the Inn I just had to laugh. You were a force and I was proud to be the trip that led to one of your very few PK deaths.

Several Others- I found almost no one that I had a bad encounter with, unless of course you were a buzzkill, in which case Dribby would get huffy and consider tossing you from the inn. Though that never really happened to anyone that didn't start a fight. Thanks to everyone that threw gear at me, it was appreciated. I tried to pay it forward by giving much of that stuff away to people that were more genuinely interested in PK. I will definitely play something along these lines again, but it will be much more informed on the next go.
132254, Nooooo!
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only true Grokko's friend is dead now! :(
132376, RE: Bon Voyage
Posted by Aiya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was really sad when Iri left. I enjoyed having you around and thought the mixing game was on point, except I thought mushroom ale sounds gross. I could be wrong though, I've never tried it, and I thought it was wonderfully in RP line with a svirf bartender.

I wish our times meshed more too, I had a lot of fun hanging with you, and I really wanted to adventure some!