Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Vramun Strongarm the Leviathan of Law, Provost Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=132163
132163, (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Vramun Strongarm the Leviathan of Law, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Sep 5 18:51:28 2017

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Vramun perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:739
132268, RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Vramun Strongarm the Leviathan of Law, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Rhoyshdean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
An awesome character, had fun fighting with you though it was seldom I got the chance. I was interested to see how our characters relationship was going to go after butting heads a bit and then the outlander cabal becoming very active.
132288, RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Vramun Strongarm the Leviathan of Law, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Who knows how things may have worked out in the longrun without the Outlanders coming to force so rapidly.

The way you started things near the village tho you were most likely never going to get a reprieve on that. I think tho one day I need to try me an assassin.
132290, I was hoping for a tribby for to really shake things up
Posted by Rhoyshdean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seemed pretty "Shadow Lordy" :P
132293, RE: I was hoping for a tribby for to really shake things up
Shadow Lordy?

In a big lumbering 16 dex cant hide kinda way right?
132179, best character i've ever interacted with
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
thanks for your time and roleplay, it's appreciated.
132289, RE: best character i've ever interacted with
Cheers! I wish there could have been more but my times never seemed to mesh overly well. When I had to drop link in the middle of one of my first explores with you I knew there wasnt much point doing many more.
132175, Another one bites the dust
Well! Where does one even start.

I guess I'll sort the pbf out in a bit. So 3 age deaths 4 cabals down. Not sure
where I am going to direct my efforts now, other than its time to find a shrine
and expand into the wizlist world!

Firstly I would like to thank the Imms and the Players, I seem to be in a habbit
of hitting up the ole age deaths and none of that would be remotely achievable
without a level of enjoyment from playing.

Special mentions go to (And in no particular order)
Ishuli: Thanks for the opportunities and the sometimes extended debates
Orsil: Sorry I never finished what was started I came up blank on game knowledge
Uds: When you were on it was simply a matter of time before you had me laughing,
really enjoyed the banter between us
Guais: Thanks for the support and opportunity as Vindicator, I think all in all
we made a pretty tough on team criminal
Ghek: Now that I am starting to try sort through my logs, I cant help but think
good thought when it came to the back and forth between us both. I wish you had
seen it through to con death.
Lochlan: I thought I was doing a great job beating on the tree, well you just
completely ramped that up to a different level
Hunsodin: Enjoyed the hard standoff between us two
Yanni: I got so close never really managed to sneak up on you again
Thorawyn: A constant force always trying to get the Fetish back, well done glad you
made sunwarden.

I am sure there are many more that I am forgetting so advanced apologies.

Onto a few highlights:
- Whoever came up with the title that was top notch, first thing I did was google
images Leviathan and in one word you had summed up my role perfectly
- Thanks for the echoes as well they were epic
- Vindicator was SO MUCH FUN! But having it before Provost was not so great! The
number of times I still ran out of town to manacle someone and could not because
I was offduty was really annoying. You would think I have learnt. It was a massive
shift because I tried to be agressive all the time, and instead of chasing people
and jumping in head first. I found myself standing near the gates of Galadon and
criminals amasing one step outside town.
- Provost was also alot of fun just in a different manner.
- I would always try to retrieve, sometimes I died, sometimes I walked away thinking
how the hell did I pull that off.

Onto a few other matters:
- By the time I died I had 170000 cabal exp, a huge portion of that was from solo
raids, I enjoyed and was also disapointed by some of this. I am a big believer if
you are in a cabal you are the to participate which means defend and try retreive.
The number of times I would raid and no defenders came was a bit of a low point. To
the point I knew in certain situations I could walk out below 200hp and still be
able to down the item unopposed.
- I hated hated hated raiding the tree, that inner does to much. I died twice from
solo raids at the tree. One where I got bearcharge lagged and ate a few huge fireseed
bursts dishing out over 800hp in 4 rounds. Another because my moves got all screwed,
and I couldnt get anywhere with insects and thorns etc. And that was with
no defenders put a defender in and the ability to run through forested areas to hunt
you down insected. The tree was a brutal place and I would seriously question the
times I would try to raid with a defender. Comparatively on the flip side, I would
barely question the decision to raid the village and fight someone at the Destructor
Assassins, Entwining warriors. Somehow this seemed a much more rational choice.
- Participate people (Rashael I sent you an in game note on this I was disapointed
but please understand not at you so I appologise if in my disapointment it seemed
to you that I was having a go) the Bloodmoon I thought was a well advertised event
and I was looking forward to a bunch of fighting RP etc. It as disapointing to see
the lack of participation, I seriously believe I was the only one who showed up ready
other than one very brief Outlander login. I encouraged Rashael in my note that either
way you might have to "Build it an they will come" but if you never come the building
will stop. We as players are asking for more intereaction more quests more everything
so for a moment put everything else to the side and be part of what is being asked for.

There might be a few other things I will touch on but that may be a topic for another
discussion.

132176, Enifey Odoe!!!!
How could I leave you two off the list!

Thanks both for the adventures, when things were quiet there was always adventures to be had! Appreciated!

Enifey sorry for all you exploration deaths! A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, we never did make it back to newbie academy to prove our dominance!

Odoe I had completely discounted air/defense shifter, but you make it look quite brutal, well done!
132177, RE: Another one bites the dust
Posted by Orsil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Vramun!

Good times to be had with you. A solid presence from beginning to end. I could not have expected anything better than your performance in the spire. So, Thank you for being awesome!

As for the quest: Dont worry about it. It will get finished one way or another.

As for the title: Ishuli and I argued a while as to what to set it as. Kraken was too obvious, but I eventually twisted her arm enough to go with Leviathan of Law. I am glad you liked it!

Thanks again for an awesome character and GLWYN!
132178, Somewhat aggressive
Posted by Kanlax Eldraugh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Kanlax viewed you as a bigot who disliked him just for being a centaur. He wasn't offended that you wanted to kill him, but rather that you assumed him to be hostile to all of civilization.

Thanks for not placing any arbitrary flags, I guess.
132180, RE: Somewhat aggressive
I enjoyed fighting you what can I say thanks for the fights and for the discussions as well!

I don't know what you expected

- You were good, I was evil
- You were chaotic, I was lawful
- You were also all buddy buddy with Outlanders and criminals
- And a creature of the wilds as well

That's about as far as a polar opposite goes.
132182, Can't complain as a player, you were fine
Posted by Kanlax Eldraugh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just saying how it went IC. Will leave further discussion for when it's time, though.
132188, Lumberin' big Farg!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Long lived chars who consistently add something to the game are my faves, beyond the flash in the pan PK monsters or serial massive hour dump chars. So when I got one of my rare day log-ins, saw you aged died and no one had given you any cecho love, I was only too happy to oblige.

I did love watching you roll hard against the criminal elements of Thera. You did a great job with that build, and pulled off some stellar escapes, when I thought 'oh he is soooo dead here'.

Got to interact with you a few times on the mortal plane and you came across exactly how your would expect a big ugly orderly evil bastard would. Even came close to killing you....once!

GLWTN I look forward to seeing it.
132193, Just curious...
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What is a serial massive hour dump char?
132199, RE: Lumberin' big Farg!
Those echoes were epic, I was stunned somewhat to see the twitter feed when I next checked thanks for taking the time to do them and watch what you did along the way.

Thanks for the feedback on what you noticed in the mortal world as well.
132191, Great character!
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were tons of fun. I was personally a huge fan of your role, and I much enjoyed watching you pull that into rp. Otherwise you did well as a Vindicator - and whenever I watched a potential fight thinking "Who is gunna start?" it was less than a second later that you were just bee-lining towards someone.

Thanks for taking up the mantle of Provost. Ish was legit when she was saying you were a perfect fit. I know the loss of manacles was a bit of a shame, but hopefully the rest of the powers made up for it.

In terms of character stuff. The title was something Orsil and I argued over for a while, but he was the primary guy there. He spit out like 3 REALLY good choices (leviathan, kraken, etc.) and he ran with it. Props to him for being creative. Ysal did your death echoes since I was a lame loser being busy at work, and they were equally amazing.

I had a hard time picking your RC rewards. I really wanted it to match some things from your role, but you already took some things that fit it edge-wise. So I ended up going for some 'brutal' choices. I know they weren't the best, but hopefully they ended up being a nice small bit of flavor.

Nice job on the law debates as Provost, with others as well as me. I liked that you managed to sound like a curt fire giant provost, rather than a law genius elf in fire giant skin.

Overall, seriously great job, and I really really enjoyed watching you when we were around at the same time.

-Ish
132198, RE: Great character!
Don't get me wrong Provost was great. It was more me not adapting quick enough I got into a better swing near the end but honestly my aliasing system is terrible so sometimes I just spam away :) often spamming myself into a hole!

Thanks for the RC reward they like many other things were a perfect fit, one of them I have had before and was going to take it again, the other I was umming and ahhing on taking so it gave me a bit of freedom to try a couple other edges.

Thanks for the feedback! Ultimately I am glad you enjoyed!
132245, RE: Another one bites the dust
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm late noticing this, but thumps up on Vramun.
132287, RE: Another one bites the dust
Ahh Thaeden, well done and congrats on jumping upstairs.

I always had to be weary when you were about, just a complete and utter pain. But being a thief that's what its all about taking those opportunities. Although there was a slightly wider berth once I made Vindicator :)

132291, RE: Another one bites the dust
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, once you got Vindicator there was very little incentive for me to engage. Detect hidden prevented my using shadow disappear as a get-out-of-entwine-free card. Plus you'd see me coming and prepare, and it was pretty unlikely I'd ever beat you if you were prepared. Binder thief just isn't up to the task.

Thanks for being a positive influence on the game!
132292, RE: Another one bites the dust
As I said its about taking those opportunities. Once I could see you I expected things to change because you leveraged off the build strengths in my opinion extremely well. And taking the element of surprise away was always going to be a tough work around. But that doesn't mean I still wasn't wary with you about.

Cheers!
132172, Great job.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I'm taking at least 33% of the credit for giving you the build idea :p
132173, I thought he was Kaer's clone?
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn
132174, hth/whip hpm
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hpm/cry was my recommendation. Not exactly sure what his second legacy was.

I'm really interested to see his pbf stats. Fire giants are hard to play. Harder yet to make look good.
132171, Age dieing a fire giant warrior is impressive.
Posted by Yanni Sunburst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Especially with how PK centered, and aggressive you were. I felt there was a mutual respect between us. I had several close calls against you, but somehow I managed to survive the encounters.

After that fight just outside the Fortress, I realized how vulnerable I was to one of your tactics, and I made it my business to try to take that away from you the rest of our fights. I think that made the biggest difference in our encounters. But I always needed to be on my toes when you were awake.

You did have a few questionable decisions as far as flagging people was concerned, but I got the feeling you were just trying to see how far you could push your power, which kind of makes sense for an evil giant. GLWYN and take care.
132169, Twist? Only he spams in pk that much.
Posted by Shapa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously, what for spam?
132170, I doubt that was Twist
Posted by sleepy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Vramun's a-hole got all puckered up when he died, and he had to #### talk. Twist has always had more class than that.
132200, RE: I doubt that was Twist
Hmm

Well this is something I did not expect to read. I was pretty bullheaded right the way through and yeah I did my own sort of taunting but as a fire giant vindicator particularly if you were a criminal I wasn't going to give you much of a break. Beside if I could get you so worked up you would try take me one on one even better.

Having said this I am 100% open to constructive feedback, so if you have some I am more than happy to hear it.
132964, That hurts. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Then again I don't play anymore so yeah.
132168, Wow
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This makes me think that was an imm-played character. To agedie an agressive fire warrior is awesome.
132167, Well done
Posted by Nocgram on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We only got to interact yesterday but it was good fun. Way to stick with it. GLWN
132165, Well done!
Posted by Vronwei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I have to say you were an interesting character. I wasn't sure if you'd respond or what you might say in response to my missive, but our talk was pretty straight-forward and enlightening. Well played and a constant presence I'm sure the Spire will keenly feel your absence. GLWYN!
132164, Wow, that's old. Good show! nt
Posted by Odoe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt