Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Illaeth Swiftheart the Lucky Shepherd of Wine, Elder Prophet of the Light
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=132158
132158, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Illaeth Swiftheart the Lucky Shepherd of Wine, Elder Prophet of the Light
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Sep 5 09:15:38 2017

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Illaeth perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:665
132214, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Illaeth Swiftheart the Lucky Shepherd of Wine, Elder Prophet of the Light
Posted by Seriphax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Simply put, you were awesome. I definitely felt a kinship with you, so much so that three of my characters in a row would call you friend. Between Kiriam, Sigard, and Irikdriby you showed me a lot. I always appreciated that you valued my RP above my player knowledge, it made things much more fun and immersive. You are one of the reasons this game is so much fun, thanks for being there.

I was surprised that you remembered that I had died as Dribby to the Duergar king, which is why Sigard wondered aloud when you mentioned Gravelbelly. I had almost forgot until you said something. You were very inspiring to have around and your whole CF game (RP, Mechanics, Strategy, and Item/Quest Knowledge) is top notch. GLWYN.

Out of curiosity, are you from the UK or Australia? We were often on late at night (for NA) and I've mostly encountered our Russian compatriots at that hour, but your spelling and grammar were on point. That doesn't mean to say that Russians can't be good with both of those things (indeed, some are basically fluent), but as someone who is fairly intuitive at analyzing english I got the impression that English was not a second language to you. Not that it matters, of course, just curious.
132166, This makes me sad
Posted by Eryari on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a feeling this was coming but I hoped I was wrong.
You were a near constant companion and while we couldn't
kill things particularly fast, we could whittle just about
anything down, given enough time. In recent days you were
already sorely missed but even more so now. I'm sure the
Fortress misses you as much as I do. The only downside
to our adventures together was that eventually, they would
come to an end. It sucks. I only wish it had taken a lot
longer than it did but you were such a constant presence
(based on your hours alone), I guess it was inevitable. You
made Thera a lot more fun for me and I'm sure I'm not the
only one. You are missed and were a treasured companion
for always trying to make me laugh or smile and keeping
things lighthearted and positive. I hope you got back at
least a tenth of the enjoyment you brought others.

GLWYN!
132160, Ouch. You will be missed.
Posted by Yanni Sunburst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whenever someone asked me a question that I had absolutely no idea about, I would always tell them to wait for you to wake up and ask you. :) That just speaks a bit to how knowledgeable you were with the world of CF. I also intended to talk more with you about the 13, and so forth, but for whatever reason our play times just never meshed at hero.

However, the few times we were able to hang out I got quite the chill vibe and a couple of times you had me cracking up at my computer. But alas, it wasn't meant to last. Oh well, GLWYN and I hope you still find time for CF in some capacity.
132280, RE: Ouch. You will be missed.
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I second this assessment of Illaeth's game knowledge. Made me feel like a newbie.
132159, Aww.
Posted by Odoe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wondered where you went. I saw you all the time, then poof. Illaeth was a lot of fun and the best healer I've traveled with. You were missed! Did you ever meet Tiamat?