Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [None] Ninjin Bararie the Sensei, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=132054
132054, (CON LOSS) [None] Ninjin Bararie the Sensei, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Aug 27 18:17:17 2017

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Ninjin perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:assassin
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:183
132074, Loved the fact that you kept trucking as an anathema.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Too bad other anathema didn't stick it out so you could form an anti-emperor army.

Big respect for sticking it out though.

That last orc fight, jeez. Thanks for the fights!
-Ish
132075, Not to HJ the thread - its funny how you try it again and again
Posted by Glikhardiz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hehe. I'm still amazed how you gave induct to the person who actually broke the tribunal law with 3 witnesses and was uninducted for that. Not to mention other anathemas. ;)

To Ninjin: Even if I wanted you back and didn't mind it, only imms can pull such things and only if it benefits their plans ;)

But hey, you've improved greatly in your pk skill. I think the Anathema just gave you a lot of more targets ->more experience :)

GLWYN
132088, Becoming an anathema was a blessing!
Posted by xrus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At first I wanted to get back in, as I wanted to become the shadow Lord, but then I saw my chance and decided to play it out. I didn't really wanted to get back in but I said I did ;)

I sure didn't get into your range to be safe from you though!
And yes, I knew you couldn't indict me again. Thanks for giving me the chance of playing an anathema, even if I was unhappy at the beginning. And I don't say that you are the best emperor, but I like how you deal with the empire now.
132091, Re: Neferefre
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The game became better and more thrilling with Neferefre in Tribunal. Broken law or not - game administering is about game fun, not being fully adherent to IC rules. And that Ishuli does very very well.
132101, RE: Re: Neferefre
Plus I don't like being "omniscient". Nef was caught by some folks, but not warranted or caught by Tribs, and DID get properly anathema'd for it. Nef, of course, being a horribly ambitious undead, saw it as unjust and a blow to order since he wasn't in there any long to help it.

So I poofed down when he was dealing with it, sitting on the ocean, and played the part of someone interested in his necromantic studies and how he could further push them to the limit. He had multiple options I mentioned, but ended up picking the Trib route.

That wasn't intended as an insult to the player of Glik or anything, but rather just an IC result of an ongoing plot, which I like to think ended up being pretty fun.

It's hard for me to play the IC position of "I literally see everything and know you did wrong". That angle tends to be pretty boring.
132102, RE: Not to HJ the thread - its funny how you try it again and again
I didn't try it again and again that I know of. A trib did offer Ish the idea of bringing Ninjin in, but he had a warrant on file, so it was a hard no. Otherwise it didn't really seem to be a Ninjin-route fit, it wasn't how he played.

Nothing wrong with uninducting folks, I think you made the right IC call.

-Ish
132090, I wanted to try a shadow lord.
I wanted to try a shadow lord, and a certain edge. I was so close to be the shadow lord when I got kicked out. The mistake I did was due to very low quality and laggy internet connection, so I got mad. I also think that I didn't deserve to become an anathema, but maybe just a few demotions was enough. That is why I was going to delete.

Good that I gave myself a bit, when I cooled down, I saw my new chance. Play a char who can do anything he wants. Thanks to the emperor (I am not joking here) for giving me the chance.

Ninjin foresaw the anathemization of many of the shadows and told them about it. It was a shame none of them stick it out. We could sure make a good anti-empire army! Ninjin has done a few things behind the curtain too but I cannot talk about it yet, as chars are still alive.

When the orc is dead, I'll post the logs of the orc fights. All were awesome!
132059, Goodbyes.
Ninjin was a long lived char of mine in respect to my norm. So I don't recall many whom I interacted with. I make it short, I will answer the goodbyes though ;)

I created Ninjin to try the throw edge, and yes I love it. I always took the h2h waza edge, but throw is much better. And one specialty of the edge which everyone miss while talking about it is the free throws on missed bashes. You'll see the logs of it soon.
To make it possible to get the edge as fast as I can, I joined the empire which could give me the chance of retrievals, and it did! I had 25+ retrievals by lvl-30. But that is why I didn't have a role and such..

Very few goodbyes:
Glik: Thanks for the eq when I was an imperial. I didn't want to become anathema, but it just happened. I didn't understand why it happened so I posted a log. Answers enlightened me and I'd say that you did the right job. But for Ninjin, it was a total betrayal. He had retrieved the item more than even yourself (that is what he always said) and you kicked him out!
Buon: Thanks for giving me the fights. Fighting blade sect was my preference.
Efi... (Svirf berserker): MAN! You could go through me even with seven stalks and my stalk was almost mastered.
Phelzhis?: I know why you were angry, but that is how I felt when my assassin berserker fall to the emperor assassin. I did want to give you the chance of having the final blow on Ninjin, but you seemed to miss the chance a few times.
Garfuka: When I saw you and your army, I thought it is the time to call it, to a chieftain and his army. You'll see the log.
Imms: Thanks for the imm exp and for the doll-imteraction. Unfortunately I didn't aim RP with Ninjin and it was hard to do it in the end.

Many others: Thanks all for all the fun. I strongly tried to not ruin the fun for others. It is hard to do so with an evil anathema assassin who felt being betrayed and saw everyone as his enemies.
He just built some allegiance with shadow sect and also the temple. But at the same time, he was ready to betray them too.

p.s. I guess it's better to keep the better logs for later, when the other chars are done too.
132060, RE: Goodbyes.
Posted by Odoe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish we could have worked together. Anathema's not an easy position to be in and I like underdogs. You seemed very distrustful which makes sense.

I wouldn't have posted that arena log except for some reason I thought I saw Ninjin on the graveyard board. So sorry about that.
132061, Odoe was the only ally I really trusted and I never wanted to betray!
I didn't mind the arena fight. Especially since Ninjin had made many mistakes and showed me much weaker than he really was!

Your combo is OP, I liked to work with you!

p.s. OP was a joke. I remember someone calling your combo OP and was reminding it! air/defense OP! ;)

It was my first real hero-range assassin and I liked the underdog part as I could fight as much as I did!