Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gwildaththea Lassraidal the Supplicant of Nionwen
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=131505
131505, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gwildaththea Lassraidal the Supplicant of Nionwen
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jun 27 19:00:03 2017

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Gwildaththea perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:562
131641, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gwildaththea Lassraidal the S...
Posted by The non-pker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just came back to the forums after being away from the game for two years and I see that you just left us. That brings a smile to my face. I am not sure if I inducted you but when I talked to you I was ecstatic to see an elf shaman and was hoping you'd make it in. Two years later and that is a tremendous success in my book. I wish sometimes that I could have pushed through on a couple of my characters, but I sour on my inability to pk with honor, even with an elf healer :). I hope you enjoyed this character because it gave me an urge to play again.
131617, Embrace the light
Posted by Zoenad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you did a great job of playing a goody outlander. You were capable of bringing the pain but it was highly evident that you were about preservation first based on your actions. You also lived forever and I can't recall many of the chars I interacted with you as. During a time of unstable outlander leadership you were a constant (even if not super active for a decent chunk of time).

Good luck with your next!
131579, Enjoyed you across multiple characters
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
FTH, you were a long lived presence and the game was better for it. Good luck with the next one.
131577, It's names like this that say...
Posted by Pro1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Elf.

My only gripe with you was your catch phrase. It sucked imho. It seemed kind of commandy and campy to me.

Did you have any harsh penalties?

This character defined Ancient and I liked that!
131581, Embrace life
Posted by Gwildaththea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's a direct play on the Scarab "Embrace the Darkness" - I basically wanted a clear opposition stance. RP-wise, Gwildy hated the temple more than anything else.

Not able to commune for the first ~50 hours and no patron imm love and not being able to gear like at all after the transmute was taken away were the harsh penalties. :) In addition, elf is not really a great choice for druid mechanically.

I was happy to expand on the phrase with anyone who asked. (Not to include those I despised or hated IC)
131570, Bad impression initially, then I don't know.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Early on, you would come to the Inn, sing some gibberish in what I presume to be Tolkien elf-speak (please read "help language"), throw an emote and leave before anyone could even say wtf. Your dialogue at the time consisted 99% of saying "embrace life".

I think someone coined the term "proleplaying" to describe that kind of behavior. But anyway, I guess it didn't ruin anyone's day, even if I would've liked you to be more welcoming of meaningful conversation.

Months later, we disagreed heavily about your (seemingly OOC) gripe with Heralds having good gear. Basically you said they never fought anyone and they didn't matter, so they should only wear non-limited gear or somesuch.

Following the pendant story -- yes, it was perfectly okay to accept them from Ardish. It is not that you took them but how you dealt with the whole situation: you showed disrespect for Heralds, and THAT's what made the angry midget Aerafr see red.

I just can't help but think, man, Kowelu would've LOVED to have you around.

Anyway, some people liked you, so you must've done something right.
131574, Can't hang around the inn for long + high elf
As you might or might not know, hanging around the inn leads to the wilderness timer going bad. I was always on the brink due to raiding and retrieving and sometimes had to sit at the tree twiddling thumbs to get it back up.

As for stopping by the inn, singing and then leaving, that was a RP hook for you to pursue and for you to say WTF. Didn't want to annoy/distract folks there for long, but if anybody was interested, they'd ask (and dozens did) where I'd follow up with a long discussion of Nionwen, Wardens, my view of the Light, etc. I also engaged young lightwalkers all the time. I dunno, if anyone was ever remotely interested, I'd bore them with showers of RP talk, ask around.

As for the pendant story, that's high elf for you. If you (a random someone I never met) demand something from me, you're going to face immediate dismissal and a "snort on you" attitude. Now, if you asked nicely and explained where you're coming from, you'd have them back easy.

Gear and Heralds is mostly high elf again. Like here I am in the trenches fighting while they're drinking ale and wasting perfectly good shinies me and others like me can use.
131580, You misunderstand.
This isn't an attack on you. I'm actually glad we had that conflict, because it let me play out the violent side of my (Herald) character. We had some good fights. Objectively, I'd say neither of us was "in the right".

>As for stopping by the inn, singing and then leaving, that was a RP hook for you to pursue and for you to say WTF.

This was what left a bad impression, but I see your point. I had no idea about wilderness time. At the time, it seemed to me like "okay she obviously doesn't want to interact but wants to show off. Eh, whatever".

I confess I did use that RP hook, when I prepared a bit of satire that involved throwing a long phrase in Felar speech, then a couple emotes and then pretending to leave. Everyone got a laugh out of it.
131586, How is this even remotly possibly true?
*I had no idea about wilderness time*

You've been playing how long? Did you know it's a thing with Rangers too?

Unless I have run into a couple of your characters. I don't think you are the only person who doesn't know this.

It really sucks because it puts the Inn and other RP functions off limits to rangers unless you don't mind your skills suddenly sucking for days or even the life of the character.

131591, RE: How is this even remotly possibly true?
I know it's a thing but I had no idea Gwildaththea had problems keeping it up so much that she could not afford to spend fifteen minutes in the Inn.
131592, Ah. n/t
sdrgergwer
131565, A big thanks for the opportunity
First off, I want to thank the immstaff and Scarab specifically for giving me an opportunity to play this unique combo. Thanks for fixing the char ~50 hours in! :) I literally could not commune anything before that and tried to RP dark forces blocking my power.

I briefly thought about actually going Maran with it, but that would probably be OP and wouldn't fly. AFAIK there are no mechanical advantages over a human or a wood-elf, this was done more or less purely for RP reasons. (I didn't even have swiftstrike for half the life of the char, not that it's a big deal anyway.)

First druid, first outlander. I certainly learned a lot about both, but the interest kinda waned lately. I didn't have an alt for like a year and a half and ~500 hours of Gwildy, but then I rolled one to fool around and it became more fun. I gradually just lost interest in logging her in, especially the last few months when there wasn't anyone to fight or anything to do really. There also seemed to be a stall in where the char can go as I didn't really have any goals to achieve, so I suppose that contributed as well.

Warden can be fairly limiting in what you can actually do besides raiding the palace and the temple. If you're not wanted, it's kinda hard to justify raiding trib with my role, so I was very ambivalent on that. Even when wanted, it really depended on the trib composition. Having a goodie come defend or come retrieve would suck RP-wise.

Going for exploration is also usually not an option as there aren't people you can actually go and explore with. Even if there are, a druid really sucks in exploration places usually as you only typically have Fire Seeds and heal serious to provide. I think literally every other class is more useful on a trip.

Duergar RBW's were my bane for some reason. Maybe because they were played by competent people with great sets, but I just found it really hard to kill them. Other than that, I wasn't really afraid to fight anyone if there was a chance to come out on top. And sorry, but am not suiciding on your roving imperial deathsquad that's running four-deep with a summoner, dispeller and a basher.

There were typically good people, but unfortunately we have a bunch of pure griefers that roll chars for the sole purpose of annoying others. Specifically, the thief container-stealer (and other items he can't use) and looting containers/other items and putting them into Trib pit. Then there are powergamey combos who only fight when it's impossible for them to lose.

AI needs improvement where you can maybe get clues from the guildmaster much like the wands, especially where to begin, but also the locations. I'm fairly knowledgeable about areas and I still failed to find a bunch of AI locations even after spending lots of time looking.

Bearform needs a power bump and Condor can be faster. Given that you give up a herb set for very limited time of form usage, it's hard to use the forms unless the herb timer is about to expire and if you do use them, they're nothing special.

Overall, druids can be very powerful and actually really scary in the wilds, but it's very limited what you can do in civilized, especially indoor. Ease of raiding the temple doesn't compensate. :)

Pets rescue changes really reduced the power of a druid as well in my view. Necro probably suffers more, but druids are also nerfed by it significantly.

I've interacted with hundreds of people over the span of the char and won't call anyone out, good or bad. If interested, ask and I'll reply. Also, if there's a log request, I probably have it. Let me know.
131571, I was pretty upset as Kaer
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When Strienat stopped me from trying to chop you to pieces. I'll echo Murph that your RP was pretty boring in the beginning, but when you stopped forcing it out of yourself, it went much better.
131576, Clipped. Posted wrong subthread.
Oops.
131582, Sorry
Well, I Forest Haven'd away anyhow. :) And what did you expect when he's talking to me and an applicant and you come interfere? I was actually mildly amused. In his place, I'd just slay you or at least have a Fury of the Ancients smite you or something.
131553, I was a big fan.
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
More so of your consistent RP. I interacted with you over maybe 4 or 5 characters and the RP was consistent throughout. It seemed like you hit a lull somewhere along the way. I've been there. Where you really really like a character and don't want to let them go, but also are losing steam. That's what it felt like, anyways. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, well done on a long-lived character and I hope to see you back in the fields soon.