Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Aynri Gault the Holy of Faith, Justiciar of Thera
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=131440
131440, (AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Aynri Gault the Holy of Faith, Justiciar of Thera
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jun 25 12:23:28 2017

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Aynri perished, never to return.
Race:azure
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:141
131459, RE: (AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Aynri Gault the Holy of Faith, Justiciar of Thera
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were sincerely a ton of fun. Absolutely adored the way you handled the position of Justiciar. Thanks for sticking around for as long as you did!
131462, You know. When you let names like this fly and then encourage the player...
Posted by Pro1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not cool.

Had I seen his last name in the game I would have griefed him simply for ####ing with my immersion.
131463, RE: You know. When you let names like this fly and then encourage the player...
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why do you act like a 12 year old girl when it comes to #### like this? I actually thought you were an adult aged male but every new post I see from you contradicts that notion.
131464, I'm not even going to read the body of your message poge.
I just don't care.
131465, What's wrong with the name? n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
131469, It's a play off of one of America's most famous writers and her
most famous character.

If I had to guess this Character was probably an Ultra-Capitalist.

131487, RE: It's a play off of one of America's most famous writers and her
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh you mean Alisa Rosenbaum?

Doesn't resemble Aynri at all :)

On a serious note tho, that thing is pretty much like Neferefre who didn't get her lastname. I guess Ishuli didn't read Atlas Shrugged (and you can't blame anyone for not reading that boring stuff).
131493, At least read the rant if nothing else.
Totally worth it.

And it's sad that a Russian is the only one who probably get's itand it's ironic why.

Yes. I meant Alisa Rosenbaum.
131527, It's pretty ironic indeed
The book is pretty much "go to" destination for people in terms of capitalism evangelism in related conversations in Russia. Like "Hey if you want to read classic apology of capitalism, read 'Atlas shrugged'". My thought is that it is so because the book is so full of emotions and is lacking on rational part that it's easy to argue its main thesis where rational conversation is involved.

The book itself is pretty inspiring though, I know several people who left or almost left Russia for U.S. after reading it in their early twenties.
131486, Removed
NT
131551, Stop acting like children
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pro - Your life would be ten thousand times better if you'd stop responding to every single thing someone says about you. If it's trash, ignore it. I honestly don't think your posts were the worst caliber, but when the common factor in *SO* many threads I have to delete is that you just won't let things drop, (wrong or right) it leads to the idea that maybe it's easier just to remove you from the equation. As an aside, even after SEARCHING, I couldn't find how this name was lifted. Clearly if I've been informed and can't figure out how this came up, there's a decent chance it was an honest mistake.

Jhyrbian/Lhydia/crom - Stop the trolling. This is exactly the environment that someone new sees, decides it's the crazy-train, and jumps ship. Personally, I'd rather have posts that encourage people to join our culture, then brutalize them horribly in-game.

ibuku/Tac - I appreciate the civil posts. Unfortunately, they died in killing off the rest of the beast. There's some validity to Tac's post, but decided it wasn't worth the rest of the mess for one response.

I am currently leaving this thread unlocked, and will (for the moment) rely on everyone's best judgement. Feel free to comment in regards to the character. Take your jabs at each other to private messaging or other forums. Any complaints regarding my heavy-handed moderation tactics can be brought to the...I dunno...I guess gameplay forum?

Thank you.
131480, I am so sorry this happened.
Posted by Andrlos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Argh.

I don't think I've been so annoyed to have to let a character go in the 15+ years I've been in and out of here. I rolled up Aynri at a point when I was fairly down on myself about my decision to go switch careers and go to (because of course) law school. Aynri, and his philosophy, provided a wonderful outlet and practice with textualist arguments. There was also a fairly concrete interest in taking another shot at imming.

Unfortunately, exams hit right around the time Outlander was on the upswing. And my family finally moved up to join me, I started a summer internship (which joyfully provided me with the concrete experience to hold my interest), and I found myself with absolutely zero time for Aynri.

Ishuli, you are, without a doubt, the best thing to have happened to this game in the time since I came back to CF. Your mini area is awesome, and the way you draw out some of the best of characters (and players) is remarkable. I enjoyed every second of our interactions, and was always disappointed when they ended. That said, I'd see people on the forums talking about how they interacted with you ever time they logged on, and damned if I didn't just have enough to talk about for that! Sorry to let you down like this.

Tribs... it has been a while. Suffice to say, the heavy evil tilt in the Spire during Aynri's life led to some fun interactions. But as long as y'all put Order before Darkness, it was all good.

And since I see the name was an issue for some (one?) -- I was rolling some name ideas around in my head and came up with something similar to Aynri, felt it was close enough to "In re," found a famous case, "In re Gault." It wasn't until Ishuli attached the lastname that I realized the similarities, and found myself endlessly amused by entirely accidentally adopting it for a character who embraced laws as a way to improve society, the individual be damned.
131481, Sorry to see Aynri go.
Posted by Seriphax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had fun when we rolled together when I was Fithgrummr. Your character is part of what made me want to make an azuretouched shaman, which manifested with Kiriam. He also got to talk to you a bit, which was always fun, even if I wasn't a proponent of laws. Reading your submissions in Ishuli's library led me to believe you had a legal background, which was cool to see applied to the much more simple laws of Thera. Anyway, I hope you find the time to come back with another at some point, and good luck with that one too.
131520, All that was good is gone.
Posted by Orsil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
AYNRI!

You and I were the only goodies in the spire for pretty much all of Orsil's mortal life. The problem was that you came as I was going and we never really got to do stuff together.

Your philosophy was remarkably different from mine as Justiciar, and I feel like that was such an awesome swing for the spire. Thank you for following up my mediocre abilities with your outstanding RP and leadership. I was really bummed when I realized that you were probably not coming back. Good luck to you, and GLWYN!
131537, Ishuli is great. I'll give you that.
And name aside you did have a good character. I'm glad we interacted before your last name though.
131538, RE: I am so sorry this happened.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No hard feelins, I'm really glad you enjoyed it. As someone who went to lawschool, I really appreciated your Scalia'esque textualist approach to the law. Amusingly enough, I was actually talking to Orsil about that after you had a discussion with him - calling you a textualist flat out. So I'm glad I was on the mark there.

Internships rock, and are an easy way to actually get a more practical interest in the law compared to the ever-theoretical classwork you get. I had a few fun practical classes though, so I got a bit lucky.

And golly, that's a lot of praise! I'm just glad you had fun. More than anything else, I hope Ish interactions help drive and push along various things to help keep characters interesting. No worries about letting me down, I was lucky enough to have someone to argue law with. You have no idea how close I was in some of our interactions to use the classic jurisprudence question of "No vehicles allowed on the grass. What is a vehicle?". Shame on me.

Your name didn't really bug me at all. I see a lot of names that could be tributes one way or another, but so long as it isn't "in your face" hardcore, I tend to be rather lax on that.

Was seriously super glad you followed Ish, you were absolutely one of my favorites to interact with.

Thanks again for the kind words!

-Ish