Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Kiriam the Communer of Damnation
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=131190
131190, (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Kiriam the Communer of Damnation
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jun 4 03:42:45 2017

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Kiriam perished, never to return.
Race:azure
Class:shaman
Level:38
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:65
131191, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Kiriam the Communer of Damnation
Posted by Seriphax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Shaman feels like a class where your knowledge of tactics can really pay off. There seem to be lots of options that allow the shaman a good shot at dealing with several different classes. In that regard I felt like this was a very viable build that had good potential. Unfortunately my knowledge of what to expect from an opponent is limited at best, and I often felt myself overwhelmed with options when combat came close. There were some close moments where I got off the things I thought I should and couldn't quite seal the deal, but there were so many more where I struggled to get my opening supplication off and was Rick Rolled a short few rounds later. Overall I thought that the build and the idea were fun, but I'm not quite ready to master this class and several other facets of the game simultaneously.

The biggest reason that I rolled this character up is the identify supplication. That might seem stupid, but I really just wanted a class that was kind of melee oriented but had access to identify so that I could have an easier time learning what items are worthwhile without sinking lots of time into skill practice or lots of gold into Alduk. That part was great, but outside of that I was struggling to do anything significant, so my interest started waning. I also had wanted to explore religion from the perspective of an empowerment class, though my reduced enthusiasm also stifled that a bit, inadvertently.

Wasn't mad on delete, so don't worry, Caed, it wasn't anything you did. I just realized that now wasn't the right time to be playing this concept. I'll definitely come back to it, and with a bit more of an investment of strategy next time.

Ignolmeer- Thanks for empowerment and the talk. I was really excited to continue on with the religion, but the complexity of strategy and constantly trying to keep all my preps up while at the same time worrying about everything else I just started feeling like a bad shaman. I did get a lot of insight into your religion, which will help with my next effort toward the Citadel. I enjoyed the little we did get to speak, my next effort should yield a more informed pupil. Thanks for the Shaman Path, Seraph's Wing is pretty strong from the feel of it. I was hoping for revelation for the next, to tie into fate as a sphere, but divine anger would have been nice as well. Either way, I thought shaman paths were really cool.

Kanlax- Thanks for the intro to Ignolmeer. Across multiple characters I can say that I enjoy interacting with you, it's almost always an insightful experience.

Thaedan- Thanks for the induct, and all the gear and advice. After how easily I was able to pick up my first PK I thought this character was going to be a good one to refine some PK skills. I probably would have done alright, but it was a bit much to pay attention to while still learning what I need to be doing. Given the tight set that you guys put in my hands I should have been quite competitive, alas my skill was the factor which was lacking. Next will be something a little more simple.Thanks, again.

Illaeth- Really sorry for deleting right after you collected some gear for me. That was a ####ty thing to do. I had honestly logged in with the plan to get out and start working towards hero. My last death showed me just how poorly I was preparing and turned me off of wanting to continue struggling. You were a great friend and an awesome Prophet, a true asset to the fortresses as well as Whiysdan's religion. Keep up the great work, you are awesome!

Others- There were a bunch of notable characters that Kiriam got to know. They are mostly gone, now. To my allies, thanks for all the help, and sorry I wasn't better. To my enemies, thanks for all the lessons, sorry that I wasn't more of a challenge.
131246, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Kiriam the Communer of Dam...
Posted by Illaeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Hey man, don't even worry about the whole collecting gear and deleting thing, it went to a good cause who is out there kicking butt in your honour. I sensed you had enough by that point, I got the feeling that was were your head was at...

All the being said, I really enjoyed interacting with Kiriam. You had a depth to your role play that I found very immersive and I am sure Ignolmeer appreciated the lengths at which you followed your personal sense of duty and responsibility to Thera. Super cool!

Anyhow, just wanted you to know you will be missed and it was a pleasure. I hope to see you back at it, your learning more with each character.

Illaeth
131250, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Kiriam the Communer of Damnation
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with rolling up a character to figure stuff out, so don't worry about that. Now that I know that was one of your goals, I only wished you'd asked more questions.

Shaman is a tricky class, IMO. Some people you can straight up overpower, but you can't keep them from running away. Other people you struggle to beat. And you don't have stealth, so the odds of you surprising someone are considerably less.

Most people compare shaman PK to a con job. Make your opponent think he has a chance to kill you when he really doesn't. Then, when it's too late, drop the boom. Difficult (and dangerous) to play it that way though. What if you miscalculate?

Hope to see you again.