Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) Tobeldest the Grizzled, Sapper-Trained Drillmaster
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13099
13099, (AUTO) Tobeldest the Grizzled, Sapper-Trained Drillmaster
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Dec 14 2:32:47 2002

Tobeldest the Grizzled, Sapper-Trained Drillmaster was put to rest.

Race:cloud
Class:Warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:475
PK Ratio:71% (closer to 100% is better)

13100, RE: (AUTO) Tobeldest the Grizzled, Sapper-Trained Drillmaster
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Another old school Rager from days gone by, sorry to see you go for good. I was surprised at a few of your characters, but then, I always am.

Good luck with the transition to real life, and always keep those fond memories of CF with you.
13101, all things come to an end..
Posted by Tobeldest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
..and as I see less and less people that I recognize on the graveyard and my desire to start a new character wanes, I'll walk off into the sunset. Here's a quick incomplete list for all those that might remember me; don't really remember which ones were veterans or all of their respective titles, but included what I could remember. I'm surprised that Tobeldest had a positive pk ratio considering he died of con loss and how many bad days I had, but that never really concerned me. Thanks to all those that have made my CF experience so addictive and costly. If you want to contact me, you can at thinhallen@yahoo.com

HUM THI BAT Thinhallen the Thief Hero
DWA CLE MAS Ravenlok the Autarch of Euthenasia
CLO WAR BAT Dvorak the Knight Hero
ARI A-P NON Seramus the Anti-Hero
CLO RAN BAT Kurgan the Ancient Ranger Hero
STO WAR BAT Bolechim the Knight Hero
HUM INV MAS Alodar the Dark Mage, Leader of Masters
DWA WAR BAT Sendrik the Short
DUE THI BAT Suthnas the Thief Hero
ARI BAR BAT Baldur the Bard Hero, the Skjald of Battle
STO SHA NON Ogden (don't think I made it to hero)
SVI WAR ARB Ankur the Knight Hero, Dead to Arbiters
ARI THI BAT Leit the Thief Hero (SCO)
ARI ASS BAT Chitram the Assassin Hero (DEF/BER)
FEL ASS BAT Thyzial the Assassin Hero (BER)
CLO WAR BAT Tobeldest the Bold (BER)
13112, RE: all things come to an end..
Posted by Someone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll give you five guesses as to what his favorite cabal was...

13111, I knew it was you when I sent you running like a chicken!
Posted by Godot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
BAHAHAHAHA! Big tough giant got his butt kicked by a hummingbird. Well played and all that stuff. I had a feeling it was you when we chatted after our duel. I know the feeling though, sometimes it's time to go, but you'll be back some day. Addict.
13110, Since i've not
Posted by ArChaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
bothered clicking on messenger :P I just have to say "Peace, out". I've known you on and off throughout the years of CF (Alodar was my favourite enemy) and well, keep the college going bro.
13107, You ever see my goodbye note about you? n/t
Posted by Rustanviel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
13109, Oh, I knew you had played a battle bard... my guess was right.n/t
Posted by Rustanviel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
13108, RE: You ever see my goodbye note about you? n/t
Posted by Tobeldest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, my thanks for the good word. I've deleted alot of characters prematurely and I know you would have kicked yourself for doing the same. A battle bard can just be so much fun and I knew if I just gave you a little kick in the pants that you would be up and running once again. I'm really glad you've stuck it out and have had a fun time with the character thus far.
13106, RE: all things come to an end..
Posted by Guenrayn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A good friend, in more ways that one, I have said much already before. It was an honor to fight with you.

Guen
13105, RE: all things come to an end..
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>..and as I see less and less people that I recognize on the
>graveyard and my desire to start a new character wanes, I'll
>walk off into the sunset. Here's a quick incomplete list
>for all those that might remember me; don't really remember
>which ones were veterans or all of their respective titles,
>but included what I could remember. I'm surprised that
>Tobeldest had a positive pk ratio considering he died of con
>loss and how many bad days I had, but that never really
>concerned me. Thanks to all those that have made my CF
>experience so addictive and costly. If you want to contact
>me, you can at thinhallen@yahoo.com

I'm actually surprised at this. I didn't realize who played Tobeldest, but I did know whomever did was a Veteran and had the heart and spirit of Battle. I remember telling Intronan, "I hope that guy tries to immort." Typically, people rally behind one another because it gives them the advantage of odds and increases the possibility of the sure kill. You made people rally behind you when the odds were against them. Very few people can inspire other members of their cabal to do this very thing, especially when the odds were down.

I remember one specific conversation in which you claimed how 'downhill' battle had gone and how I had begun making it less than fun. I took that to heart, as I do most comments that are as sincere. I hope your perspective changed near the end of your lifespan. Regardless of the rest of my comments, I want you to know that I thought the world of Tob and I'm glad he remained in the village. Here's tipping my beer to an old Vet of CF, a mentor of Battle and an old friend. Best of luck to you Thin.

Hammersong

13104, You old beast
Posted by Loborguz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's amazing how long you lasted and how big of an impact you had on the cabal. I know you resented me at least at the beginning of my being general and then leader, but I think we both had a lot of respect for eachother by the end. At least I know I did.

I'm not surprised that you were Thin and all the others. It all adds up to quality battleragers for years.

Good show and good luck in your future endeavors.

Loborguz
13103, Great character!
Posted by Koaeb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I fought you with a Sylvan all the way back in the big, er, skirmish between the two cabals and you've been around for two ragers since then. Great job sticking it out. Koaeb always looked to you for advice with his weapons and the tips you gave were very helpful. Thanks.
13102, Sad to see an old school rager go.
Posted by BattleCharmed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were the rager that inspired me to make Grazzakt, but I just wish I had the drive the finish what I started. Its been happening a lot of late. Anyway, I loved Tobeldest, even that one time you tooled Temden in one round. Anyway, I hope you enjoy real life, I can never stick to it. But then who truely enjoys the real life?

BattleCharmed