Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Bafesda the Paragon of Fortitude
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=130140
130140, (DELETED) [None] Bafesda the Paragon of Fortitude
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jan 20 16:39:47 2017

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Bafesda perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:40
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:55
130164, I should note
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that this character has given off a jalim vibe, not funnyone vibe. Which I see as a great progress for the player. Also, once in a while you seemed like a competent pker, which is a great progress as well, because typically you sucked.

Overall, I think that this character was not great, but it was solid. Which constitutes a second funnyone character that I liked, first being Lhotki. May be you should stick with goodies.

GLWYN.
130159, Whew.
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've been playing CF off and on for 18 years now. I can't imagine any character (that was still technically RPing) that was more annoying to interact with.

I'll give you credit for trying to play something outside of the box, but you need to consider the scope of things.

You don't become a Paladin by accident. It was a conscious choice of your character at one point. At one point in your characters back story, you had to agree to follow the Code.

You can't just ignore that and pretend it didn't happen. And constantly insulting (while simultaneously whining) at everyone that interacts with you doesn't mesh with a character in the Paladin guild.

Basically, what I'm saying is, your character did not make any sense in the world of Thera. You prevented me from getting immersed in our interactions because you so blatantly ignored the basic concept of the class you chose. I made several efforts to figure out where you were going with it to make sense, but you refused to even let that develop.

In the future, don't just think about what would be an interesting role, think about what would fit into the existing world of Thera. While you're at it, think about the enjoyment that others might get from the character. If you're a constant annoyance to everyone that interacts with you, it doesn't matter how unique your character is. It's still a poor character.
130155, RE: (DELETED) [None] Bafesda the Paragon of Fortitude
Posted by Demos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well.... One interaction with you and wowza did you make an impression. Constant tells regarding how weak I was and how much of a coward I was. Super unimpressed. Hope you are able to get back ic soon because I generally enjoy your characters. This though was totally bleh. Pm if you want to know the particular interaction. Glwyn
130152, Hrm well...
Posted by Another Assassin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was an interesting character in terms of background story, but it was hard to get a solid feel for your perspective. That being said, that's not necessarily a bad thing unless you were solid in terms of where you were going with him, because in that case it was harder to see for others. All that being said, it was a different take on things, and while there were some different thoughts about you (from what I saw and experienced firsthand), I wouldn't have expected you to delete. But it happens to all of us.

Hope you find the flavor to savor on your next! GL
130149, Its ok Imms, I had fun with my character.
Posted by Bafesda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't see the path of him going down that road when writing the role. Now I know. Live and learn. I'm over it.

Despite The same constant trolls on the game that talk OOC about your other characters or the same negative attitudes, you all are doing a good job.
130162, RE: Its ok Imms, I had fun with my character.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was definitely an interesting happening, as often you see this
happening with a character that's being semi-mechanically "punished"
based on how we've put out empowerment. Admittedly, I'll agree with
some of the other players that this wasn't a very "fun" character as
far as interacting with others, but what happened to Bafesda was
entirely a matter of looking at the character, and saying "Nothing
here makes sense RP-wise".

As a general note - I think most of the time we Immortals aren't ever
out to "ruin" a character when we affect a character. In most cases,
we probably wait FAR too long to do so (which also leads to players
not being accustomed to repercussions from their RP). Wherever
possible, I know I do try to have at least an idea as towards a
direction for a character after giving a someone any form of
hardship. Doesn't always work perfectly, and with as often as people
straight up delete, it's probably a waste of time, but hey.

Good luck with the next one.
130165, Lies
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You've made Rokhwar strip me of my last con, you rascal. Totally ruined my character to the point of no return.
130146, RE: (DELETED) [None] Bafesda the Paragon of Fortitude
I didn't see myself as a paladin so didnt need someone to
Tell me what I should do. Also, you constantly crying in my ear after I was
Over it wasn't helping either. I guess That's just me though.
130145, RE: (DELETED) [None] Bafesda the Paragon of Fortitude
Posted by Grembolin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good riddance. Worst Paladin RP ever.
130141, This character was a little confusing.
Posted by AssassinGuy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had the exact same RP when people interacted with you as a prominent Imperial Leader playing during the same time periods.

It makes it difficult to take you seriously when you do things like this IC and people interact with both characters of yours who mostly just say 'Train more Child' 'You are pathetic' 'Heroes gave you clothes' etc.

I would suggest sticking with one character at a time.
130148, RE: This character was a little confusing.
You did nothing but annoy me with constant tells over and over. I had to ignore you a couple of times but you didn't get the hint. You talk as if the god of this game. You remind me of jalim, just constantly talking and trolling the hell out of anyone. But, again, this was just me. You are incredibly obvious to how you are or just don't care. Either way it's sad.