Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Detrani the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=129829
129829, (DELETED) [HERALD] Detrani the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Dec 17 10:29:01 2016

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Detrani perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:42
129830, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Detrani the Grand Master of Chan...
Posted by SideStrider on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
WTF? Thought you had some big event in the works and you up and decide to biff it?

Take it you didn't get the form you wanted in the end and it was enough to let it go?

*Tsk Tsk*
129834, No. I was denied. I was given the courtesy of deleting.
Posted by Detrani on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would have enjoyed the event.
129835, I also never got to spin.
Posted by Detrani on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which was a huge point of frustration.. in the end really blowing up the character.

I was forced to farm role exp, that made it quickly not fun.

I was under the impression that I wouldn't have to kiss ass to IMMs in order to roll a form.
129836, RE: I also never got to spin.
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you want to keep this open, then stay on the topic of your character. You already have a long thread about how you dislike the current EP system going on gameplay.
129840, This was on topic of the character.
Posted by Warren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
StW: It's the main reason the char is no longer a char. I was explaining to this other fella why the char is gone...

Pretty sure its ubiquitous that the current EP system is broken and a failure. Stop trying to make this about me; it's about you.

129846, Destuvius broke edges then quit playing?
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it was another guy. =P
129847, No, it was Destuvius. Screw that guy! (nt)
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
129848, Take that attitude elsewhere. Don't make me ban you.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
J/K. We lurves you, Umi!
129850, Bwahahaha
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I love you so much more now that you've hung up your uniform :)

Edit: I'm sure that wasn't your goal though :)))
129851, I thought you wanted less edges.
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You advocated for the removal of a majority of the edge points. Why are you now complaining about there not being enough edge points? Would you please explain this? Because as it stands you're really contradicting yourself. Nobody likes a hypocrite.
129862, I'll take a stab at this...
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I assume he, like me, didn't think the OBS/EXP XP for edge points made the game more enjoyable because of the grind many felt forced to engage in to stay competitive.

But, there was a hope that there would be an increase or addition to the ways to get edge points. So, at least for me, I love edges and want the same amount or more edge points, but I did not want the method to get them to be a drag.
129868, Well, he did gloat about it after.
He said he was proud to main person responsible for influencing the removal of the obs/exp edge points. He said the players should be thankful for what he did.

If I had not seen him say those things I would be agreeing with your assumption. Unfortunately this guy has a giant ego. I am curious why he is acting mad about there being not enough edge points when prior to this char he was basking in the glory of those edge points getting removed. He made it very clear he got what he wanted, but then went on to complain about it with his next character.
129841, What is a bit of a shame
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is that we are back to role exp farming. Which actually doesn't mean a character is well rp'd. Hence we are back to giving rewards for an ooc behaviour which may or may not be translating into the ic behaviours desired. Rewarding with pk perks for storytelling rather than being a character.

One beauty of the system as it was is that the blurring between role play and just writing about roles was less significant in terms if the potential pk perks it yielded.

All that said (and noting I can't play these days), I'd still rather see edge points available from a system I'm not keen on than not available at all. Because whilst role exp gets farmed, it is at least somewhat balanced.
129843, We're NOT back to role exp farming
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Chris' inability to get 1400 role exp is not a mud-wide problem. It's a problem of him being drunk.
129849, Not sure I agree with that.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's a very low cap, so while you might see people who are having a particularly hard time reaching the cap churn out a bunch of low quality phoned-in updates, I think that's fairly uncommon today and not at all like what we saw before which was players writing tons of (oftentimes objectively good) role updates because mo' role updates = mo' edges.

And that led to accusations of immortal pets, favoritism, "I can't compete because I'm ESL and my roles don't get love", etc.

129854, RE: Not sure I agree with that.
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cool. A cap seems reasonable.

Think I got confused by edge points starting at 1400 role xp, because I had thought that was the cap before. Thanks for clarifying.
129845, Nobody forced you to do anything.
I think you might be playing the victim too hard here. I don't like the way shifters work either, luckily there's a lot of other classes.

I like Herald, I wish more Heralds PKed. I get the feeling you could have been one of them. GLWYN