Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Tambra RotheHerder the Unraveler of Revelation, Imperial Shadow Lord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=129795
129795, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Tambra RotheHerder the Unraveler of Revelation, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Dec 5 18:35:48 2016

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Tambra perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:129
129798, Loving CF
Posted by Tambra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks everyone!

Really enjoyed Tambra. She went a LOT farther than expected from the first day the Emperor helped me out of nowhere with spiked gear to becoming Shadowlord. I have no OOC connections in this game, so was super thrilled when you helped me out as a newbie since I had already designed this character for Empire! It's pretty cool even if not a goodie, how you strengthen the Empire in so many ways.

This was also the only character I've never written a role for. Normally a character never lasts for me if I DON"T write a role... but what helped in this case is I had her WHOLE backstory in my mind... I just meant to jot it down, but never did.

Two reasons I stopped playing Tambra only.

1) I've played some really successful combat oriented thieves and even when the others WORKED... you still sacrifice a LOT of power at hero range. You cannot tangle with everyone and I'm someone who likes to tangle with everyone. Forcing this issue leads to unneeded deaths. That's what's frustrating about thieves. It's not enough for me to have "hell gear" or "silent tower gear". I want to DO something with that gear. I think thieves can have the best gear... and its mostly wasted. THIS IS HOW I FELT BEFORE THE EDGE CHANGES when I could take devious versatality once, maybe twice if lucky, and combine it in the rarest of circumstances with thief points for a good character imm rewarded. Thats a 120 or 130 point template that is so much fun at hero, but still can't always compete head to head (thieves aren't suppose to I get it). NOW FAST FORWARD TO POST EDGE CHANGES: It all was so much worse (and scarabeaus was even awesome and gave me two good edges for the REALLY hard riddle quest, HOW I WISH I HAD USED THAT OOC REWARD FOR ANOTHER CHARACTER! Oh well, darn it) , but my point is... 100 thief points, default... with devious versatality so hard to get was like... saying... "Hey. Change! All warriors now have 0 or 1 legacy now and its fine! Because everyone has 0 or 1 legacy! Stop comparing it to your old warriors with 2 legacies!" Umm... It's... just not as fun :)

2) Love of another character. I'm in love with another character and felt bad holding a leadership position on a dormant alt I was losing interest in. I think leadership should be focused on. The right thing to do was to clear the leadership spot out of respect to the playerbase and the emperor for roleplaying and so others could have fun with it. I like to focus on one character for the longhaul and it was obvious Tambra was not it. I did learn a lot about piercing gaze! I'm of the firm belief that no matter how long you play CF... there is ABSOLUTE FACT to the argument of playing classes you go up against so you understand how to fight them better.

I'll continue to see you all in the fields.

PS: Tambra was a simple rothe herder who thought "when shoveling rothe crap" that this was what life was like. Being at the bottom, staring up cross a pile of #%#% with no hope of climbing. She thought everyone else had fortune while only misfortune came her way. People never had did anything to help her lot in life, nor the Gods themselves. This obviously was an awesome inner monologue to play against when ironically everything kept going her way. Emperor helping her at level 8. Oath at 15, being the fastest riser in the shadow sect, and then shadowlord, and then revealing the majority of the riddle if not the final clue. Even got to go to the city of dis! Thank you for that.... haven't done that since I died with my knight and squire and ?Sanru? led us all there to die on the river styx in one of the first groups that made it that far.

PPS: Guilty. I realized AFTER making Tambra that I loved the name so much because I had forgotten years ago I used it as a Fire Giant Berserker Axe/Mace Villager who studied Chilling Embrace and Trapping Beneath Thunder! Not intentional! I was like... that one rolls off the tongue! I idealized Tolbedast at the time.
129799, Yeah
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tambra was solid on middle ranges, gave me some serious trouble.

But you're definitely better with druids than with thieves :)

129800, RE: Loving CF
Posted by Imperial Bible Basher on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I assume you referenced where you got some of your answers from? I'm still waiting for an EP hit :P

I enjoyed Tambra when he was around. Good luck with whatever you play next.

Tambra tells you 'You try the sultan's prophacy yet?'
You tell Tambra 'Most of it is always one step ahead of my own.'
Tambra tells you 'How ya meanin?'
You tell someone 'I cannot unravel the knots that he has posed to us all.'
Tambra tells you 'Have you made ANY progress?'
You tell Tambra 'Merely a couple.'
Tambra tells you 'Could ask a million questions, but how bout "Barium Forks" or "Hurray Lord Folk"?'
You tell someone 'I know the first; at least I think so.'
Tambra tells you 'I'm thinkin maybe clues become "A Brisk Forum" and "Rural Hydro Folk" but not sure if dead end'
You tell someone 'No that does not align with my own.'
Tambra tells you 'So already thinkin different clues'
Tambra tells you 'What do ya think clue might be?'
You tell someone '"Barium Forks" can be twisted to be "From Kaubris"'
Tambra tells you 'isn't that a conjurer thing?'
You tell someone 'And from Kaubris came a magic you are familiar with.'
You tell someone 'Conjuration.'
Tambra tells you 'That means "Cleanly Ravages a Rug" is NOT "Druid"'
Tambra tells you 'Conjuration sounds right though'
You tell someone 'No, I have not solved the ravaging of the rug yet.'
You tell someone 'For druid fails twice if it were to be entered into that position.'
You tell someone 'Because the Ferryman of Acheron is only one being and one being alone; Charon.'
129803, Kaubris
Posted by Tambra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I broke it all down, specifically mentioning that Kaubris was NOT my find. Never would have went there. Tough
129804, RE: Your #1
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If it was meant for *all* thieves to have 120 points, they would have it. A better comparison point for your example is comparing 3 legacy warriors to 2 legacy warriors, since 2 legacy warriors are the equivalent of 100 pt thieves.
129797, Disappointed to see this.
Posted by Nazarates on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You came a long way from the random level 8 I chose to dump a full set of Dern gear on. Good luck with the next.
129796, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Tambra RotheHerder the Unraveler of Revelation, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Zixtarra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aw. I was looking forward to getting revenge for you stealing my containers all the time.

What happened?