Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Tasnale the Dweller of the Wilds, Commander of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=129557
129557, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Tasnale the Dweller of the Wilds, Commander of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Nov 14 09:29:34 2016

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Tasnale perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:81
129559, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Tasnale the Dweller of the Wilds, Commander of Battle
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...what...the...F??

I swear making someone Commander guarantees the end of the character it seems.
129560, My experience
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When made leader, I've encountered what could be called a "leader fever". Like I was afraid to log in, because what if I would be killed and that would sorta make me a bad leader.

This thing took like a RL week to overcome. And looking at characters deleting here, I feel like I'm not the only one, and some ppl just don't manage to overcome this.

I guess giving out leader to characters below 150-200 hours is just like that, a gamble.
129561, I agree re: dying/bad leader part.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a tough row to hoe, no doubt.

It's honestly why Bron was so stressful. It was bad enough that I was fighting odds sometimes, but dying to those odds seemed like it was soul-crushing not just to me, but my occasional allies as well, as well as any lowbies.

And I wasn't even a leader.
129571, I dont understand.
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really dont understand this in many ways. The massive thing with being a leader is you loose a con every 5 deaths instead of 3. That means you get 66% more stuff ups under your belt :) ... Its like the Imms are giving you a big thumbs up "Please die some more"
129572, Well, yeah
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I really dont understand this in many ways. The massive thing
>with being a leader is you loose a con every 5 deaths instead
>of 3. That means you get 66% more stuff ups under your belt :)
>... Its like the Imms are giving you a big thumbs up "Please
>die some more"

I mean, true, but if you're a mortal leader and all you are is a complete ineffectual lump, you start to feel bad.

That being said, I have had really powerful-pk characters that had sad-sack leaders and never once did I respect them less for losing (a lot) in pk. I DID respect them less if they avoided PK and/or seemed to be fair-weather playing.
129573, Exactly!
Posted by Daerkshyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Give me a leader who's gung-ho and it's on! Granted, there's a fine line between 'Once more unto the breach' and 'Oh god! Not again!'

A great example of this was Thror (Just one of many I'm sure.) but man did he die like he had con falling out of his ears. Sometimes it teetered over the edge into doh, but most of the time it was inspiring.

129608, This
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I want a leader who is willing to put himself in danger.
129575, Really?
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've never experienced anything like that.

I tend to already think "what if I would be killed and that would make me look bad" so becoming leader doesn't change anything for the worse.
129591, Exactly, you're conservative to begin with
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You earn a living, you just can't die, you've got two kids and a wife to support. You love her, but she's a painter, great. Paint a dollar and take some pressure off, please.

I'm more of a "don't give a ####" type, so becoming a leader, I've experienced that pressure. Luckily I was able to fight it off and carry on and it turned out to be awesome experience.
129574, If only there were some way Battle cabal could retain decent players.. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
129609, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Tasnale the Dweller of the Wilds, Commander of Battle
Posted by Tasnale on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry Jor! I have recently had a promotion at work and am in the process of this big transition and it's caused me to lose all my playtime. I didn't want to draw it out so I figured I'd get the delete out of the way.

I thought hunter was actually pretty cool, although I wish it hit slightly more often. Was hoping Deathblow + Hunter would be viable. The Rites were alot of fun on my part. Thanks for that.

Sorry I hadn't replied earlier, but here it is.