Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Alizabaz Mel'dre'vah the Legend of the Battlefield, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=129551
129551, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Alizabaz Mel'dre'vah the Legend of the Battlefield, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Nov 13 14:34:25 2016

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Alizabaz perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:165
129586, Several logs posted on the log forum (nt)
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
129562, Goodbyes
Strienat: Thanks for NR

Jormyr: Was originally intending to follow you, but my RP, as mentioned above, was really only "ok" and I didn't think I'd be a very good follower.

Gwild: I *almost* considered trying to kill you with my last death (and dying) but I was half afraid I'd actually catch you off guard and win (or force you to withdraw) rather than dying. So I didn't, and my last death was exceedingly lame. I'll post the log at some point.

Ardish: Thanks for the induct. Really sucks trying to get into a cabal when you're sorta only able to be imm-inducted. I think that's the reason for the strong Empire and Scarab numbers - they have active leadership (and Empire is such an easy-in anyway).

Other Outlanders: Was fun on the rare occasions when I got to run with another Outlander. Keep on trucking!

Nazarates: My bane. You absolutely wrecked me. Taking Flow instead of Fluid would have helped some, but let's not fool ourselves, I'd still have had little to no chance. Thanks for keeping it classy in terms of looting. I do wish you didn't feel the need to stick so close to the Palace when you held an item - after killing me 5 times, maybe let one of the other 3 handle it while you go do...anything else? On the flipside, I don't know if you just simply never assassinate, or if you just knew you didn't need to for Alizabaz, but it was nice to not really need to worry about being stalked for assassinate (though I'm sure you stalked a bit for trance purposes).

Glik: Heh, it was pretty funny when I logged on as Twist after the con death and Whiysdan was doing cechoes for Alizabaz and you started talking about how much Alizabaz sucked over cb. You weren't wrong, mind you. Just kinda funny. For the record, I believe our LAST tussle ended up with you running away because I finally got the first hamstring in. I could be misremembering though. And I did run from you most always. You definitely weren't shy about fighting 1v1, which was nice.

Rodacir: I can't believe I died that many times to Empire and not once did you get the final blow. Or did you, and I just don't remember? I wasn't worth much anyways, just the random amount for being a hero.

Yugth: If there was anything my build was great for, it was fighting communers. Rodacir owes you big for wording him while you died at the Tree that one time.

Eyesin: I was actually told by the Dark Ancients that if I brought your head to them, it might prove I was worthy for NR. I chased you all over but finally had to log out. Later I got Malchazzar, and Yugth, and a few other "big names" and that was sufficient, I guess. Did get you later, though.

Oussette: I can't believe I lost concentration on insect swarm when I found you sleeping the other day. Talk about frustrating. Even had a deadfall set up for where you'd have tried to run. Aargh.

Malchazzar: Sorry (not sorry) about the Mask, but I had my own reasons for needing it. You stand out among the Scarabs, IMO - likely because your login times don't coincide with the others' all that much. After losing an item like that, the next time you killed me I wouldn't have been surprised to eat a fullsac, but you kept it classy (don't think you actually took anything).

Venara: You and Ikoxus share common playtimes. I don't believe you're a "perma" as others have put it - I've been in the same situation, where you've got that one competent ally that logs in/out at roughly the same time as you. Sometimes coincidence is just that. Once you lost that stupid container-melting ring, I was much more inclined to fight you.

Ikoxus: Iceneedles. Ow. Really really need to wear a helmet, not a crown. Kudos for being willing to step away from the Temple for a while instead of sitting inside when you had the Fetish.

Undaraxyl: Man you play for long stretches. Don't blame you - mummy kinda sucks as a "login for 45 minutes" type of style. Neither of us generally had an advantage over the other, 1v1. Just was rare that we had that. Unfortunately all you had to do to make me withdraw was land one crimson scourge, which was patently easy with my low con.

Pistary: You're why I decided to go straight for hero - sitting at level 40 with a Trib thief in range that locked me in a noexit nomagic room sucked. And then you went ahead and heroed anyways at the same time I was leveling up. Curses. Killing you when I had the mask was sooo satisfying. Ganking you when you got snared was less so, but still enjoyable.

Wabailla: I never did attack you, but I was trying to at the very end there. Couldn't find you in time, and died to rot. Embarassing. I know you didn't consider Alizabaz an enemy, even if you're technically an Outlander enemy, so as I told you, you were just about dead last on my list of enemies. If you were raiding Empire and I could use that to try and kill an Imperial? Damn straight.

Brondalorm: I wish you hadn't deleted, but I understand why you did. We had some good fights. The ruins of maethien was kind of a high point for me. I don't blame you for getting the pkwin when Naz started tripping me, though if the circumstances were reversed I'd almost certainly have fled and struck Naz - just because Alizabaz despised him so much, whereas you were an irritant. Loved your logs over on QHCF, and really appreciate you posting them.

Kleiran: I saw your questions on Dio's and here about trip, and such. Quick pointer - if you're quitting out in the Fortress, always quit out at the Watcher. Not on the snow-covered ledge. Some lowbie had just killed the Tara'bal when you logged in, so I was able to walk right up to you and swarm and then trip. As for how quickly I was able to trip you, I knew your first command would be flee (you had no other option) and there was only one exit from the room (down) so I simply had d;trip kleiran entered at all times. You were really in a no-win situation there.

Worthag: Man, orcs against dagger specs with noremove daggers have a rough time of it. Pretty sure you got me (generally with others) more than I got you (one time I caught you off guard) but I would just look back at all the concealed damage you took and go "How am I so good now and so very, very bad against others?"

Others: Sorry, I'm sure I'm forgetting several people.

In general everyone was very good about looting after I died. Part of that is simply that I didn't have eq that was worth taking (mostly). Thankfully nobody really did any smack-talking that rang of OOC, either. Was overall a good experience.
129563, Thanks for the fun times
Posted by Venara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having an enemy who isn't afraid to mix it up is nice and I'm glad you got nightreaver.

Best of luck with your next character! Much love!
129564, :) You're the best, man.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would have done the same re: fleeing/striking Naz, but you just killed Kleiran lol. So Bron was like "#### this dude he's going down".

PS Naz would have just ended up killing us both, btw.
129565, Both very good points.
>I would have done the same re: fleeing/striking Naz, but you
>just killed Kleiran lol. So Bron was like "#### this dude
>he's going down".
>
>PS Naz would have just ended up killing us both, btw.

So true. And I hope you didn't take my comment as an OOC jab. Alizabaz was more amused than upset. I'm not sure why, but Naz always chose to gank me in any sort of group engagement. Softest target I suppose. Frags don't smell and all that.
129583, Some insight to that situation.
Posted by Nazarates on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"So true. And I hope you didn't take my comment as an OOC jab. Alizabaz was more amused than upset. I'm not sure why, but Naz always chose to gank me in any sort of group engagement. Softest target I suppose. Frags don't smell and all that."

At that time the Village had the Codex and I knew from past experiences that you'd gank me with Wab whereas Bron probably wouldn't. So before I could set out destroy the giant I had to take you out. And i spent a good 30 minutes following you around until that opportunity presented itself.

Ganking with Bron was fun though. I wish I could have done it more.
129585, Warning: Hot take inside!
I would have loved that, except the Scarabs would mostly quit out when you logged on :) :) :) :)
129566, Good character to have around. Sorry to see you gone.
Posted by Kleiran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And yeah, I learned my lesson about where to quit out.;)
129567, The Mask
Posted by Adira on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was forced to sac the mask when I was nightreaver.

Glad to see some things never change.
129568, Now that it doesn't matter for my mortal....
...Imma bring that up to the other Imms, because while I didn't want to keep the mask, I don't really get why an Outlander wouldn't wear it.
129577, At the time it was because demonic = bad for outlander... but most likely..
Posted by Warren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because it was me and I was a fairly prolific, and considered to be "overpowered' character.
129578, As Lilyth the ancients let me
Posted by Amora on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The outlander healer discussed it with me. When we determined it wasn't sentient I could continue to use and claimed it as a trophy.

PS. I DO think the loss of transmute to wood is bad for the game. CF was built on take your neighbors sword in 1994. When I saw even empowered druids don't get it yesterday, I called off the new Druid I had rolled. Takes away too many fun and exciting things. It's like the whole mud just got non-pvp Everquest clothing carebearized for druids :) I had bee rolling up another Druid. Rember Tiria, My Paragon of Twist Druid? :)
129579, On the other hand, I might finally play a druid now.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
129580, That's great. Further proving my point.
smdh.
129581, Truth is out: they just hate you.
or maybe they are human and flawed.
I thought you of all people should know that.
129616, A short timeline to show you my point.
Adira gets the mask.
Told Mask is bad, sac it or lose Nightreaver.

Adira is a transmuter outlander.
Umiron makes a code change that you can't be duo and camo.

Adira makes an alt, Altrana, for the sole purpose to kill Gaspare.
Altrana gets booted from Fort, and RP's redemption.

~100 hours later, I write a note on the forums about how bad the current RP situation is, titled, "Death of RP" - which doesn't name Avderlain, but he outs himself instead, because after 100 hours of praying, and six notes, 0 response.

Adira gets un-leadered shortly after "for not playing enough" despite having ~ 3-4 hours a day login.

Adira Deletes.

Decima hits ~100 hours.
No empowerment from Dest/Avderlain.

I write a post about Empowerment sucking and needs to change, and IMMs need to update their playtimes so people (me) don't waste time praying to IMMS who aren't active.

Decima gets an email saying because I leveled past 20 - go suck it (essentially).

Decima Deletes.

Muuksube is a venom shaman.
Umiron nerfs malice.

Muuksube makes an alt, Sifsihlan.

I post looking for scripts so I don't have to farm obs/exp.
Umiron nerfs edges.

A vote is called by Dest to remove Muuk as Emp. But I win unanimously. Then, I'm told alts are bad, delete the alt, or lose Emp (despite still playing Emp 3 hours a day). FWIW, Dest was super cool about it too, but basically also uncool because I had to delete an alt "in case I accidentally pass gear to myself."

Still think its just flaws?

129617, PLEASE PLAY AN ASSASSIN!!!!
nt
129620, Hahaha. I see what you did there.
Hysterical.

No more Umiron to nerf what I'm playing anymore...

Besides, I'm no longer here.
129618, Too be fair...
Posted by Balgrum/Ebrithyl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Muuksube saw a ton of IMMlove in terms of tattoo, leader weapon, title, etc... (so obviously imms don't have it totally out for you..) And Malice was, and IMHO still is, OP :) You can literally take anyone out of the fight as soon as Malice progs. Then you have 10ish hours to do whatever the #### you want unopposed, because who the hell is going to sit with a shaman and let him maledict their con more for a heartstop? You literally took Ebrithyl out of the fight instantly when you cast it. And being an elf, and a ####ty PKer, I lost alot of con, so oft Malice was a death sentence, even with +con gear :) so... I don't think you can really use malice, or Muuksube as... evidence.
129619, Hey sure glad my char's death thread could be all about you. (nt)
129621, ####. Sorry.
You are the man BTW. Loved me some twist back in the Masters days.
129569, Side note on that ring
Posted by Venara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sent you a PM about it.
129570, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Demos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great foe. Thanks for being dangerous, and classy, glwyn
129582, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Nazarates on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Nazarates: My bane. You absolutely wrecked me. Taking Flow instead of Fluid would have helped some, but let's not fool ourselves, I'd still have had little to no chance."

Aliz was one of my favorite characters of recent memory from an ooc standpoint. IC Nazarates respected you and wished you'd had been a blade.

"Thanks for keeping it classy in terms of looting. I do wish you didn't feel the need to stick so close to the Palace when you held an item - after killing me 5 times, maybe let one of the other 3 handle it while you go do...anything else?"

Your "can they do anything without you" commentary was pretty funny to me. My lone critique of Aliz was that you weren't very chaotic. I was able to predict what you'd do and when you'd do it in every situation. It's why I was always where I needed to be.

As for flow it would have helped. Also hitting/running and waiting for trance to fall then coming back would have helped a lot. I dont' think I ever fought you untranced.

"On the flipside, I don't know if you just simply never assassinate, or if you just knew you didn't need to for Alizabaz, but it was nice to not really need to worry about being stalked for assassinate (though I'm sure you stalked a bit for trance purposes)."

I don't assassinate and I never stalked you for trance as you didn't stick around long enough.

Great character. I'm glad you're still playing morts too. Come back to Empire! I really liked your last fire giant blade.
129587, Screw quiting out at the Watcher, Hall of Fire FTW!
That way, even if you log in during a raid, you can flee into the Watcher who can do some buff things :)
129556, Well, where to begin?
So, this character was fun, mostly. Might have been more fun if I hadn't screwed up my second legacy choice.

1am on a work night. I've just reached level 48. I intend to take the legacy that helps me to avoid direct damage skills like pincer, throw, etc. I quickly read through the legacy list. Oh, right. Fluid Deceptions is that one. Right?

legacy fluid

One more fight before logging off, just to see how it goes with the new legacy. Wait, I auto-feinted. It does that TOO? Wow what...a nice...oh...oh damn.

So, yeah. A build based around dodging as much as possible to get a ton of concealed strikes, and now I'm auto-feinting people.

And eating direct damage like crazy.

Prayed about getting it changed right away after I noticed, as it was an accidental choice. Didn't have high hopes it would happen though. Was told to send a note (pretty sure the person who answered doesn't have the ability to change it - possibly only a few people (including Twist) could do so).

So, never got it changed. Hadn't used feint like...ever. One nice thing, auto-feint gives you a chance to improve at feint, so it went from 75% to 100% in no time.

I strongly considered deleting, but leveling up largely solo as an evil Outlander isn't easy. At least it was on a warrior, can't imagine an evil mage. Plus I was in a good position to maybe get Nightreaver, one of the few cabal leader positions I hadn't held yet. So, stuck with it.

Then I got really lucky and squeaked out an insanely crazy kill on Malchazzar and his shifter friend in Teth Azeleth. And looted the Mask of Anazu (and a few other nice things).

And that really made the character kinda suck to play for a while. I find that when I care about my eq, the prospect of logging on against long odds is daunting. When I don't care, long odds are much more fun (maybe I can pull out some sort of crazy-ass win).

I was holding on to the Mask until Strienat (the Dark Ancients) and I would be on at the same time so I could offer it in sacrifice to prove my worth as Nightreaver. That took about a week. I didn't completely avoid being pk'd during that time, but I managed to avoid being pk'd by anyone who was gunning for the Mask (which seemed to be the entire MUD except the one guy who got me).

Once I got NR, things got more fun. For one thing, I no longer cared nearly as much if I lost a PK. And having a nodisarm high avg dagger is SO nice as a dagger spec.

But still, you can only die so many times to the same circumstances before you get annoyed and frustrated.

So, my goals for the character changed. Instead of making this character (completely) about me, I tried to induct any applicants I could, retrieve when possible, and generally play against long odds. Not to prove something, but to give the players on the other side of the screen something to do.

I've been on the winning side, and I know how boring it can be. "So, let's give them someone to chase." was my thought process. Maybe take one out and escape. Maybe get a hurl throat on the outer and get away with a retrieval. That sort of thing.

It worked. And it didn't. I did get the "take out one and escape" thing sometimes. And I had more retrievals per hour with this char than two or three of my others. I also died like a bitch a lot. But I feel like I at least gave people something to do.

I'd say this was my least successful character ever in terms of PK. Not that I haven't had way worse builds/records - I definitely have - but prior to this character, anything that was getting roflstomped repeatedly, I would have deleted. Sticking it out was cathartic in a way.

Speaking of sticking it out - jeez, leader con makes it tough to con-die. I mean, I could have just suicided on things, but I didn't want to go down that way. As it was, I did shank a bunch of con into stupid things like being stubborn and determined to kill Daxelz alone (finally did kill the bastard) and charging in where I had no business charging.

In terms of roleplay - meh. I was "fine" on the roleplay front, I think. I didn't do anything that should really be considered poor RP for an evil Outlander, I think - if anything I maybe didn't go after some people I should have (but I already had plenty of enemies in range, thanks). My role was pretty simplistic, and I should have added on to it as things happened in life, but honestly my logins were often so frantic in evading gangs and trying to retrieve or take one guy out before others jumped in and such that adding to my role didn't seem to be a very high priority.

I'll have some goodbyes later, and I have a bunch of logs that I'll post if I get ambitious.
129558, Hahaha. I finally had a positive PK record against you.
For the record, when Naz jumped out and we killed you, Bron had role reasons to do what he did.

Great job. You were the "evil" Bron, I felt, in a lot of ways. I wasn't dying as much, but that was likely due to preppage + dwarf HP + mark, to be honest.
129576, Haven't you had that problem before?
Except Fluid was your third legacy then.
(I may be misremembering as to who played that character.)
129584, Wasn't me...
Never had fluid on any character before.
129594, You're thinking of Daev with Aulrathdien (I think).
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
(edited a million times because I couldn't for the life of me spell that character's name right)

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=113753&mesg_id=113791&page=
129606, Friggin Tenacious-A
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
just relentless, sometimes with great results and other times a pile o' corpses.
Glad you play morts, seeing the game through the player lens helps everyone. You were fun to watch and fun play against.

Love me some Twisty.
129555, That was faster than lightning
Posted by Kaer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The way a true Nightreaver should be!
129553, Respek. NT
Posted by The Beard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT