Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Thagthak the Master of Dismemberment
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=129507
129507, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Thagthak the Master of Dismemberment
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Nov 6 07:21:28 2016

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Thagthak perished, never to return.
Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:66
129509, Well I've tried them all...
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maumlak played about how I expected. I could have tried to play longer, but not with the current crop of hero range. Solo orc vs. full fort I can handle, but orc with basically no enemies is boring.

Brute force suffers from exactly the same issues as trapping. Hack would be a good skill at half the lag, but is bad as is. Too much risk for not enough reward on an orc with no boost to defense. Whomp seems strictly inferior to say punt since at least with punt you can predict when you'll get the extra good result and whomp is just random as far as I can tell.

Overall, playing maumlak felt like playing a no-adapt orc that has made pretty terrible gearing choices...

Other than the build working out almost exactly as poorly as I expected, the rest was fun. Orcs are just plain fun to play. Orctober was somewhat disappointing in that the "global" quest was just whatever was going on with Worthag and Tremblefist without really involving anyone else and I never really got enough orc together to be fun (except at hero where the range has no enemies). I did what I could to get people into the orc life with my easy start walkthrough and obviously some people followed it, so that was nice.
129510, I was your enemy!
Posted by Demos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glwyn roll some sweet sweet nexus with me in a month when I con die
129511, I'm trying dude. NT
Posted by The Beard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT